Guns verses drugs

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I just looked up the number of deaths per year due to illicit drugs, about 46,000. Homocides using guns equal about 11,000 per year
What is more pressing on society right now? In fact, if the drug issues were done away with, I bet the number of homocides with guns would drop dramatically.
What is perplexing is that a great number of those advocating legal illicit drug use seem to also advocate gun restrictions

The kids who are dying in our schools are dying because they're being shot with guns. They're completely innocent.

They're not dying because they're shoving needles in their arms, they're dying because a suicidal psychopath has a gun.

So the kids in our schools that are dying of drug use are guilty?

Interesting.

The kids who are dying in our schools are dying because they're being shot with guns. They're completely innocent.

They're not dying because they're shoving needles in their arms, they're dying because a suicidal psychopath has a gun.

Interesting.
No, when someone dies from drug use it is essentially self inflicted.

Pretty obvious difference there.

I just looked up the number of deaths per year due to illicit drugs, about 46,000. Homocides using guns equal about 11,000 per year
What is more pressing on society right now? In fact, if the drug issues were done away with, I bet the number of homocides with guns would drop dramatically.
What is perplexing is that a great number of those advocating legal illicit drug use seem to also advocate gun restrictions

Interesting thought. Worth thinking about.

Thanks for making the thread.

Interesting.

But you fail to take into consideration all of the innocent people who are kiled by gangs shooting each other over this stuff

I'm also perplexed by the attitude that kids are guilty for experimenting with drugs. All it takes is one mistake and they are toast, especially a drug like herorin.

Interesting.

But you fail to take into consideration all of the innocent people who are kiled by gangs shooting each other over this stuff

I'm also perplexed by the attitude that kids are guilty for experimenting with drugs. All it takes is one mistake and they are toast, especially a drug like herorin.

An awful lot (most?) of murder victims are criminals themselves.

We have all heard the argument that "crazy" people need to be restricted from gun use. However, did you know that pretty much every "crazy" person out there abuses illicit drugs in some form or fashion?

Does mental illness cause people to seek illicit drugs or do illicit drugs cause mental illness? Perhaps it is a combination thereof.

Illicit Drugs And Mental Illness Take A Huge Global Toll

I think though if the focus was mental health and drug addiction instead of gun restriction, the country would be much better off. We would be better off for two reasons. We would tackle the reasons behind gun violence and also tackle issues that kill far more people by themselves.

Last edited:

Interesting.

An awful lot (most?) of murder victims are criminals themselves.

I would think that most shootings are done by criminals,. which begs the question as to why people are focusing on law abiding citizens who are obtaining a gun legally.

How exactly do you suggest "doing away" with "the drug problem"?

The same way you do away with the gun problem I reckon, pass a bunch of laws and hope for the best.

I dunno, what do you think?

Securing the border would be a great start.

Mexico is not a country, its just a big drug cartel with violent gangs and ancient pyramids.

Of course, Eric Holder gave guns away to those crossing the border illegally in order to fight the cartels. That is what you don't do.

The same way you do away with the gun problem I reckon, pass a bunch of laws and hope for the best.

Are you under the impression that there are a lack of laws against illegal drugs in this country?

Sure there are laws. So if these drugs are leaglized, does the problem get worse? I dunno.

Just because there are laws does not mean that those laws are effective. You could get draconian with drug dealers and give them the death penalty.

Like I said, I would start by sealing the border. It would limit guns, drugs, and gangs coming across the border.

Are you under the impression that there are a lack of laws against illegal drugs in this country?

Sure there are laws. So if these drugs are leaglized, does the problem get worse? I dunno.

Just because there are laws does not mean that those laws are effective. You could get draconian with drug dealers and give them the death penalty.

Like I said, I would start by sealing the border. It would limit guns, drugs, and gangs coming across the border.

We've been going after the dealers for quite some time, with no noticeable effect.

Legalize all drugs and withhold medical care for all drug related events.

I don't think pot should be targeted. There are next to no death associated with it that I can see.

I think perhaps the worst of the worst is heroin. It is cheap and abundant and one hit and your life is ruined.

Watching a loved one die from it is far worse than seeing them gunned down in the streets.

We've been going after the dealers for quite some time, with no noticeable effect.

Going after them? You mean locking them up and then letting them go.

LOL.

Going after them? You mean locking them up and then letting them go.

LOL.

Either years is prison or death should be an effective deterrent.

But it seems to not be the case.

Why is that?

I question the political will to go after drug cartels. Just how much of their dirty money is being thrown at law enforcement and politicians. I'm sure it is a big problem.

Forum List

Back