Gun Sales Plunging!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
I guess the rush to gun shops has ended. What great news!

Sales of guns and ammo are losing steam after a frenzied run-up sparked by fears of greater restrictions in the wake of the Newtown shooting and other massacres.

Background checks by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, considered to be the most accurate means of tracking gun sales, plunged by a third in January compared to the year before. There were about 1.66 million background checks last month, and nearly 2.5 million in January the year before.

In the past two years, gun shop owners and consumers have complained of ammunition shortages and a dearth in fast-selling semiautomatic rifles and high-capacity magazines, even as manufacturing ramped up.

But the shortage appears to be over. "Retail inventories, which had been in short supply last spring, have largely returned to normal now," wrote Rommel Dionisio, a gun industry analyst for Wedbush, in a recent report.

In related news, gun ownership is at a all-time low of 35%.

Let's hope this is America recognizing the fringe status of the NRA and their scare tactics.

The share of American households with guns has declined over the past four decades, a national survey shows, with some of the most surprising drops in the South and the Western mountain states, where guns are deeply embedded in the culture.

The gun ownership rate has fallen across a broad cross section of households since the early 1970s, according to data from the General Social Survey, a public opinion survey conducted every two years that asks a sample of American adults if they have guns at home, among other questions.

The rate has dropped in cities large and small, in suburbs and rural areas and in all regions of the country. It has fallen among households with children, and among those without. It has declined for households that say they are very happy, and for those that say they are not. It is down among churchgoers and those who never sit in pews.

The household gun ownership rate has fallen from an average of 50 percent in the 1970s to 49 percent in the 1980s, 43 percent in the 1990s and 35 percent in the 2000s, according to the survey data, analyzed by The New York Times.

And finally...a DIRECT CORRELATION between gun ownership and crime!

As the political debate over gun control heats up in the aftermath of the mass killing in Aurora, Colo., here are three important trends to keep in mind: Criminal violence in America has dropped to levels not seen in more than a generation, the percentage of Americans owning guns is down and public support for gun control measures has plummeted as well.

Do fewer Americans own guns now because crime has dropped so much? Or has crime dropped in part because fewer Americans own guns? Has support for gun control gone down because fewer Americans are experiencing gun violence in their daily lives, or because of other factors, particularly partisan differences? Each of those questions is a matter for debate.

Last edited:

In related news, [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/rate-of-gun-ownership-is-down-survey-shows.html]gun ownership is at a all-time low of 35%.

Let's hope this is America recognizing the fringe status of the NRA and their scare tactics.

The share of American households with guns has declined over the past four decades, a national survey shows, with some of the most surprising drops in the South and the Western mountain states, where guns are deeply embedded in the culture.

The gun ownership rate has fallen across a broad cross section of households since the early 1970s, according to data from the General Social Survey, a public opinion survey conducted every two years that asks a sample of American adults if they have guns at home, among other questions.

The rate has dropped in cities large and small, in suburbs and rural areas and in all regions of the country. It has fallen among households with children, and among those without. It has declined for households that say they are very happy, and for those that say they are not. It is down among churchgoers and those who never sit in pews.

The household gun ownership rate has fallen from an average of 50 percent in the 1970s to 49 percent in the 1980s, 43 percent in the 1990s and 35 percent in the 2000s, according to the survey data, analyzed by The New York Times.

As the political debate over gun control heats up in the aftermath of the mass killing in Aurora, Colo., here are three important trends to keep in mind: Criminal violence in America has dropped to levels not seen in more than a generation, the percentage of Americans owning guns is down and public support for gun control measures has plummeted as well.

Do fewer Americans own guns now because crime has dropped so much? Or has crime dropped in part because fewer Americans own guns? Has support for gun control gone down because fewer Americans are experiencing gun violence in their daily lives, or because of other factors, particularly partisan differences? Each of those questions is a matter for debate.

Yeah sure it is!:lol::lol::lol: These idiots rely on a survey where people voluntarily report whether they have guns or not and they don't even bother to question whether they're being lied to! I have lots of guns but I've never answered in the affirmative that I have guns in one of those surveys. It's none of their fucking business.

But, a idiot like old Howie here, he'll get tingles all over his legs from these lies. Because the truth hurts his head too much.

This is the reality fool.....

Firearms applications surge, swamp registration system

"Between 2005 and 2013, firearms act-related applications "skyrocketed by more than 380%'' to nearly 200,000, according to the April 16 memo issued by ATF Deputy Assistant Director Marvin Richardson. The surge has contributed to a backlog of more than 70,000 applications."

That reminds me. Dixie Gun & Knife show at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh next weekend. Get there early or you'll be standing in line for 2 hours just to get in the building. Great prices on ammo.

That reminds me. Dixie Gun & Knife show at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh next weekend. Get there early or you'll be standing in line for 2 hours just to get in the building. Great prices on ammo.

That's if they have any!

In related news, [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/rate-of-gun-ownership-is-down-survey-shows.html]gun ownership is at a all-time low of 35%.

Yeah sure it is!:lol::lol::lol: These idiots rely on a survey where people voluntarily report whether they have guns or not and they don't even bother to question whether they're being lied to! I have lots of guns but I've never answered in the affirmative that I have guns in one of those surveys. It's none of their fucking business.

But, a idiot like old Howie here, he'll get tingles all over his legs from these lies. Because the truth hurts his head too much.

"Between 2005 and 2013, firearms act-related applications "skyrocketed by more than 380%'' to nearly 200,000, according to the April 16 memo issued by ATF Deputy Assistant Director Marvin Richardson. The surge has contributed to a backlog of more than 70,000 applications."

No wonder they laugh at you in the Mod Lounge.

The number of owners is decreasing. My post has nothing to do with gun nuts stockpiling weapons. Therein lies the discrepancy. Unfortunately, you only have two arms to hold a weapon when facing the feds when they come to disarm you and put you away. Anything more is superfluous. Tee hee.

In related news, [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/rate-of-gun-ownership-is-down-survey-shows.html]gun ownership
is at a all-time low of 35%.

The number of owners is decreasing. My post has nothing to do with gun nuts stockpiling weapons. Therein lies the discrepancy. Unfortunately, you only have two arms to hold a weapon when facing the feds when they come to disarm you and put you away. Anything more is superfluous. Tee hee.

No wonder there's a picture of you in the DSM V under delusional.... The assertions of the newspapers is an outright lie. All evidence based on sales information says they are full of shit. Just like you.

No wonder there's a picture of you in the DSM V under delusional.... The assertions of the newspapers is an outright lie. All evidence based on sales information says they are full of shit. Just like you.

Dumbass. Those numbers came from the FBI.

We have a enough ammo to put liberals in the ground for 10 years.

As much as the feds?

Hey fag, the feds won't be coming for our guns. They'll send the police instead, and when that starts wearing thin on the morale of the piggers then that will be the end of it because the cops are very heavily outgunned and quite evenly matched by an armed citizenry.

I know you'd love to see the 101st airborne or some bullet catchers from the 5th Marines come into my town and blow every conservative away with a a mk 19 and some hellfire missiles. That's never going to happen but if it does your stupid government will have already lost all credibility anyway.

And yes, probably more ammo than the feds since their contracts on ammo are spread out during several years time and we actively hoard it while they waste it at cut outs of pregnant white mothers, children and other white terrorists that only exist in their paranoid minds.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back