Gun Sales Plunging!

I guess the rush to gun shops has ended. What great news!

Sales of guns and ammo are losing steam after a frenzied run-up sparked by fears of greater restrictions in the wake of the Newtown shooting and other massacres.

Background checks by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, considered to be the most accurate means of tracking gun sales, plunged by a third in January compared to the year before. There were about 1.66 million background checks last month, and nearly 2.5 million in January the year before.

In the past two years, gun shop owners and consumers have complained of ammunition shortages and a dearth in fast-selling semiautomatic rifles and high-capacity magazines, even as manufacturing ramped up.

But the shortage appears to be over. "Retail inventories, which had been in short supply last spring, have largely returned to normal now," wrote Rommel Dionisio, a gun industry analyst for Wedbush, in a recent report.
In related news, gun ownership is at a all-time low of 35%.

Let's hope this is America recognizing the fringe status of the NRA and their scare tactics.

And finally...a DIRECT CORRELATION between gun ownership and crime!

As the political debate over gun control heats up in the aftermath of the mass killing in Aurora, Colo., here are three important trends to keep in mind: Criminal violence in America has dropped to levels not seen in more than a generation, the percentage of Americans owning guns is down and public support for gun control measures has plummeted as well.

Do fewer Americans own guns now because crime has dropped so much? Or has crime dropped in part because fewer Americans own guns? Has support for gun control gone down because fewer Americans are experiencing gun violence in their daily lives, or because of other factors, particularly partisan differences? Each of those questions is a matter for debate.

quote]

Does a carpenter leave his house without his hammer?
Do most people head off to work without their cars?
Do you leave your house without your ID (excluding election day of course)?
Does a farmer plow his field without his tractor?
Does a liberal leave his home without taking at least one toke from a joint?

Okay ... then a responsible, patriotic Constitutionalist doesn't leave home without his 2nd Amendment rights.

Quote: Originally Posted by Luddly Neddite: BTW, its illegal to shoot birds of prey and, even at 10, you should have been taught that.

Birds of prey serve our needs by killing rodents that could otherwise eat or foul our grain stores and other food. No matter what food you eat, its grain based. That means birds of prey save us all money.

Hey Luddly. How's it goin' bud? Good. Good to hear. Would I be out of hand to assume that you're all into "alternative energy" like wind turbines and such? Well, anyway, regarding that "birds of prey" thingy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAAzBArYdw]Bird vs Wind Turbine FAIL ! - YouTube[/ame]

I have more than enough guns but I'm gonna buy two more.

1) I want the new Remington R51 pistol

and

2) I've always wanted a Henry Big Boy Deluxe II lever action .44 magnum. Very cool, iconic rifle:

Big-Boy-Deluxe-2-Rifle.png

That Henry is sweet Drifting........

Be forewarned on the .44 magnum however......my first lever action was a Rossi M92 in .44 mag. I found shooting the thing was like shooting a cannon.....the muzzle rise was a joke!! Love chambering a new round but it got too bothersome for me.... call me a pussy:D......traded it for a Saiga in 7.62 -39. If you hunt and that single shot is important, you'll love it.

I may tone it down to a 30.30. I have a Saiga 12 semi-auto shotgun. I have two 5 round mags and two 12 round mags. I'm looking to get the 20 round drum. Saiga makes good stuff. Not too sure they're still in business or not.

One of these days I will own a Henry. Beautiful rifles! I currently own a Winchester 30-30 lever gun - had it since I was 14 and wouldn't get rid of it for the world. I used to carry it on my horse when I ventured up into the mountains but these days I take the AR-10 instead. A while back I thought I was going to have to take out a mountain lion with it, but fortunately, he took off. Guess he wasn't hungry......:D

Follow the $money$ as ALWAYS.

Gun sales went up for a reason. The NRA was on bad times. They decided to start receiving money from gun manufacturers, aka Corporations.

Then there was a shooting.

The gun corporations told the NRA to sell, "Obama is going to ban all of your guns"

If you didn't see a million idiots repeat this lie then you don't live in America. No one can name one politician that ever stated they want to ban all guns, NO ONE.

But the NRA sheeple bit like the fish they are and went crazy buying weapons and ammo. They were certain a revolution was coming where weapons were banned, like in Austraillia. (Weapons aren't banned there but the right wing was sharing links stating they are and how we are headed there).

Gun/ammo sales hit an all time high because of a lie that the NRA backed.

Now, who are you? Are you strong enough to stand against a Corporation using it's money to push lies or not?

From reading this thread, people seem to be strong enough to shoot a person but not strong enough to educate themselves on weapon education, when to use a weapon or corporate donations to the NRA.

Gun sales went up for a reason. The NRA was on bad times. They decided to start receiving money from gun manufacturers, aka Corporations.

The gun corporations told the NRA to sell, "Obama is going to ban all of your guns"

If you didn't see a million idiots repeat this lie then you don't live in America. No one can name one politician that ever stated they want to ban all guns, NO ONE.

But the NRA sheeple bit like the fish they are and went crazy buying weapons and ammo. They were certain a revolution was coming where weapons were banned, like in Austraillia. (Weapons aren't banned there but the right wing was sharing links stating they are and how we are headed there).

Now, who are you? Are you strong enough to stand against a Corporation using it's money to push lies or not?

From reading this thread, people seem to be strong enough to shoot a person but not strong enough to educate themselves on weapon education, when to use a weapon or corporate donations to the NRA.

I have been using weapons longer than you have been on this planet. I have spent (literally)years on the range. I received weapons training by the United States Army, The State Department and the DIA. I also have training in close quarter combat, evasive driving, as well as hand to hand fighting (edged weapons) and Savate. I also received countless hours in the classroom learning threat assessment and interrogation techniques.

Am I "qualified" enough to handle weapons for you? :cuckoo:

Like you think any elected official would come out and say blatantly, 'I want to take your guns'. Of course they wont, because its a political sinker. :lol:

Instead they, like Obama, work covertly. They chip away at your rights oh so slowly, with the hopes you wouldn't understand their oppressions. Other methods such as 'Nobody needs more than 10 rounds', or, 'you don't need an AR-15 to hunt' are other non-sensible arguments the oppressors use to justify their assault on your civil rights..

Only a complete drone would argue there is not a push from Obama to apply further infringements on our civil rights.

But like Nevada showed,

It took a POTUS like Obama, who rules instead of governs from the imperial whitehouse to awake the sleeping tiger known as 'Americans'

-Geaux

Last edited:

Forum List

Back