Gun Sales Plunging!

A phone survey of 2K. Yeah right.....

-Geaux

For the article-

According to an analysis of the survey, only a quarter of men in 2012 said they hunted, compared with about 40 percent when the question was asked in 1977.

Meanwhile,

MICHIGAN DEER HARVEST SURVEY REPORT
2012 SEASONS

A survey of deer hunters was conducted following the 2012 hunting seasons to estimate
hunter participation, harvest, and hunting effort. In 2012, an estimated 654,100 hunters spent
9.4 million days afield

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/MI_Deer_Harvest_Survey_Report_2012_426213_7.pdf

Lets assume most of these are gun owners and the US Army is what, ~485K strong?

-Geaux

here is the thing

in New York

the state passed an "assault weapon" registration

deadline April 15th 2014

One Million persons failed to register their arms

There you have it
smokingcapcool.gif

-Geaux

That reminds me. Dixie Gun & Knife show at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh next weekend. Get there early or you'll be standing in line for 2 hours just to get in the building. Great prices on ammo.

I had the privilege of going to Bud's Gun Shops retail store I'm Lexington this morning...packed at 9 am.

I'm going to be in Kansas City next week. Plan on stopping in a couple of shops there. I buy most of my ammo online and I have been seeing really nice prices lately - 5.56, 9mm and 7.62

One of my best friends works at Lake City - I plan on stopping by to say hello!

You may already know this, but MidwayUSA is right there by Columbia, Mo...if you are coming up 70 from the east.

They don't have a retail store, but you can order online and pick it up in person...no shipping charge.

http://www.midwayusa.com/help/where-is-midwayusa?returnUrl=http://www.midwayusa.com/help

Last edited:
YAAAAAAWN.
And now for the facts.
Before King Bobo was elected by the 'OJ jury', most of the people who owned legal firearms figured they had all they wanted. Most of them are decent honest people who, when asked for a survey said "sure I've got a couple of firearms". No problem. Many many potential gun owners never gave owning a firearm much thought. Bobo appears and tens of thousands of potential firearm owners suddenly understood that their chances of ever owning a firearm was in possible jeopardy. So they went out and bought the firearm and some ammo and tucked them away.
Us humans have a built-in genetic code that warns us about impending danger. It's like how we've survived for so long.
The same innate survival instinct that made the person buy the firearm and ammo also old the person to tell the snoop during the survey: "Guns? Nope we don't have any".

YAAAAAAWN.
And now for the facts.
Before King Bobo was elected by the 'OJ jury', most of the people who owned legal firearms figured they had all they wanted. Most of them are decent honest people who, when asked for a survey said "sure I've got a couple of firearms". No problem. Many many potential gun owners never gave owning a firearm much thought. Bobo appears and tens of thousands of potential firearm owners suddenly understood that their chances of ever owning a firearm was in possible jeopardy. So they went out and bought the firearm and some ammo and tucked them away.
Us humans have a built-in genetic code that warns us about impending danger. It's like how we've survived for so long.
The same innate survival instinct that made the person buy the firearm and ammo also old the person to tell the snoop during the survey: "Guns? Nope we don't have any".

plus those same owners

when surveyed on gun ownership

now a days clam up and say mine fell in the river years ago

--LOL

it was a tragic accident

I guess the rush to gun shops has ended. What great news!

In related news, [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/us/rate-of-gun-ownership-is-down-survey-shows.html]gun ownership
is at a all-time low of 35%.

Let's hope this is America recognizing the fringe status of the NRA and their scare tactics.

And finally...a DIRECT CORRELATION between gun ownership and crime!

Yeah sure it is!:lol::lol::lol: These idiots rely on a survey where people voluntarily report whether they have guns or not and they don't even bother to question whether they're being lied to! I have lots of guns but I've never answered in the affirmative that I have guns in one of those surveys. It's none of their fucking business.

But, a idiot like old Howie here, he'll get tingles all over his legs from these lies. Because the truth hurts his head too much.

This is the reality fool.....

Firearms applications surge, swamp registration system

"Between 2005 and 2013, firearms act-related applications "skyrocketed by more than 380%'' to nearly 200,000, according to the April 16 memo issued by ATF Deputy Assistant Director Marvin Richardson. The surge has contributed to a backlog of more than 70,000 applications."

Firearms applications surge, swamp registration system
No wonder they laugh at you in the Mod Lounge.

The number of owners is decreasing. My post has nothing to do with gun nuts stockpiling weapons. Therein lies the discrepancy. Unfortunately, you only have two arms to hold a weapon when facing the feds when they come to disarm you and put you away. Anything more is superfluous. Tee hee.

That's been happening for quite some time. There's been a decline in hunting as well.

Sales, however, are still way up.

Seems that the gun nuts are stockpiling for the apocalypse and Mexican drug lords now have unfettered access to "freedom" loving American gun salesmen.

Are those with registered guns the ones committing the crimes?
Who has registered guns?
Virtually no one in my state.

Indeed. There comes a point in time where you either "stand" or you fall. The day the begin registering guns in my area (should it actually come) is the day I become a felon.

I WILL stand for my Rights as a citizen of this great country.

Gun sales? OK.
Ammo sales? Good luck finding any. Flying off the shelf.

Yep. I buy the majority of ammo from online stores. One of the stores that I buy 5.56 from (I use quite a bit of 5.56) will get a large shipment from Lake City only to have it gone within a few days. Same with 9mm and .45

Gun sales? OK.
Ammo sales? Good luck finding any. Flying off the shelf.

Yep. I buy the majority of ammo from online stores. One of the stores that I buy 5.56 from (I use quite a bit of 5.56) will get a large shipment from Lake City only to have it gone within a few days. Same with 9mm and .45

If you happen upon a good deal for .22LR 5.56 7.62x51 .38spl and/or 45ACP - PM Me :)

As much as the feds?

We haven't stopped buying guns. We have only slowed our buying from dealers. We have been buying even more among ourselves.

And there are no records or background checks!!

I lost my guns at sea last week in a tragic boating accident :mad:

-Geaux

:D

Took my Wife out to dinner last night. We get home and I'll be damned, my home was broken into and every weapon (except the .380 I had on me) had been stolen.

Guess I'll have to call my buddy the Sheriff one of these days to report the crime....:lol:

I had the privilege of going to Bud's Gun Shops retail store I'm Lexington this morning...packed at 9 am.

I'm going to be in Kansas City next week. Plan on stopping in a couple of shops there. I buy most of my ammo online and I have been seeing really nice prices lately - 5.56, 9mm and 7.62

One of my best friends works at Lake City - I plan on stopping by to say hello!

You may already know this, but MidwayUSA is right there by Columbia, Mo...if you are coming up 70 from the east.

They don't have a retail store, but you can order online and pick it up in person...no shipping charge.

Where is MidwayUSA located?

Good deal! Thanks.

My 75 year old mother who's never owned a gun in her life wants me to help her pick out a new handgun.
I'm thinking a .22 mag revolver. Not sure she could handle the recoil on anything bigger.:lol:

LOL......this thread gets the award for MOST BOGUS of the year. Gun sales are BOOMING ( see my thread currently running on this forum.......and Westwalls link above )

Howie is a limpwrister of the highest order.......and by the way, if my parents named me "Howie", I gotta say, Id have blown my brains out decades ago!!:D:D

Guns are popular as hell in the past 5 years or so with many weapons on a waiting list!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back