Gun sales plunge for Smith & Wesson: Can Gun Nutters Save Smith & Wesson? Having 100 Guns, too few?

160304074738-smith-and-wesson-guns-780x439.jpg

American Outdoor Brands, the gun maker that owns the iconic Smith & Wesson line of firearms, reported plunging sales on Wednesday.
The company said that quarterly sales dropped 25% compared to the fourth quarter of last year, and profit plummeted more than 70%.

Sales for the full year were down 33% from the year before, and profit plunged 84%.
Gun sales plunge for Smith & Wesson

:thankusmile::thewave: Die of fast!

This is really going to hit Fox News hard. They haven't been able to keep enough people scared of nothing to buy guns! Even screaming batshit banshee Hannity can't keep the ignorants on the far right terrified of shadows long enough to buy guns that no one will use.

What a world what a world...
2014-02-20-20.17.02.jpg

American Outdoor Brands, the gun maker that owns the iconic Smith & Wesson line of firearms, reported plunging sales on Wednesday.
The company said that quarterly sales dropped 25% compared to the fourth quarter of last year, and profit plummeted more than 70%.

Sales for the full year were down 33% from the year before, and profit plunged 84%.

Gun sales are down across the board. Even gun shows aren't seeing the traffic from a few years ago.

Gun sales are down across the board. Even gun shows aren't seeing the traffic from a few years ago.
That's cause we don't have an America hating muslim homo in the WH.

All they have to do is hold out until the next mass shooting. Then the usual people will be screaming that they're coming after your guns, and the rubes will line up to buy some more.
Get rid of all the lib scum and we wont have anymore mass shootings.

They killed the 600 series and all of their Carbines died with it. The Model 700 is all that is left if you want something that long. I, personally, like a shorter gun.
As though one can't get a gunsmith to shorten and recrown a barrel.

This is really going to hit Fox News hard. They haven't been able to keep enough people scared of nothing to buy guns! Even screaming batshit banshee Hannity can't keep the ignorants on the far right terrified of shadows long enough to buy guns that no one will use.

What a world what a world...
2014-02-20-20.17.02.jpg
upload_2018-6-21_21-40-8.png

Keep lying. Cohen is turning on the Great Douche it seems.

S&W lost a lot of customers when they started to try and appease the anti-gun nuts. I wouldn't buy from them on a bet.

They didn't go with the anti-gun nutz. They put all their eggs into the AR type weapons and that was just a bubble. No matter what the gun nutters say, the sales have slowed way down on those things since just about everyone has found out that "We ain't going to take all your guns away from you" by force. Instead, Remington started making cheaper versions of what was once first class rifles, shotguns and handguns. They sunk their money into producing junk AR style guns. They got lazy and complacent. Meanwhile, the other companies upped their games and didn't spend nearly as much time on the ARs as Remington and they still turned out good quality guns other than junk ARs. Oh, the other companies still churned out junk ARs but just not as many in comparison to the non AR guns. In fact, the other companies actually got better in quality in many areas. Remington just got worse. They are now in their death knoll and really, no one but the gun nutters who demand cheap garbage ARs will miss them.

I see where the venerable models that Remington used to offer are all but gone. Their selection has dwindled in Shotguns, Rifles and handguns. I have owned both a model 700 which is very long and a model 660 which is very short. I enjoyed the carbine more than the long rifle since I could use it as a saddle gun or a pack gun without getting it ripped to pieces by limbs as much. I replaced my old venerable Model 99 303 Savage which met the size critieria but couldn't really hit a danged thing past 50 yds and kill it (it punched a nice hole in and out). The Model 660 was a 30.06 and did the job at almost any range. They killed the 600 series and all of their Carbines died with it. The Model 700 is all that is left if you want something that long. I, personally, like a shorter gun.

You don't know what you are talking about, yet you keep posting.....

What's the matter, you hate it that your most prized AR manufacturer is probably going to tits up? Welcome to the business world of Competition.
S&W AR platform is garbage. Daniel Defense is premium

-Geaux

S&W lost a lot of customers when they started to try and appease the anti-gun nuts. I wouldn't buy from them on a bet.

They didn't go with the anti-gun nutz. They put all their eggs into the AR type weapons and that was just a bubble. No matter what the gun nutters say, the sales have slowed way down on those things since just about everyone has found out that "We ain't going to take all your guns away from you" by force. Instead, Remington started making cheaper versions of what was once first class rifles, shotguns and handguns. They sunk their money into producing junk AR style guns. They got lazy and complacent. Meanwhile, the other companies upped their games and didn't spend nearly as much time on the ARs as Remington and they still turned out good quality guns other than junk ARs. Oh, the other companies still churned out junk ARs but just not as many in comparison to the non AR guns. In fact, the other companies actually got better in quality in many areas. Remington just got worse. They are now in their death knoll and really, no one but the gun nutters who demand cheap garbage ARs will miss them.

I see where the venerable models that Remington used to offer are all but gone. Their selection has dwindled in Shotguns, Rifles and handguns. I have owned both a model 700 which is very long and a model 660 which is very short. I enjoyed the carbine more than the long rifle since I could use it as a saddle gun or a pack gun without getting it ripped to pieces by limbs as much. I replaced my old venerable Model 99 303 Savage which met the size critieria but couldn't really hit a danged thing past 50 yds and kill it (it punched a nice hole in and out). The Model 660 was a 30.06 and did the job at almost any range. They killed the 600 series and all of their Carbines died with it. The Model 700 is all that is left if you want something that long. I, personally, like a shorter gun.

You don't know what you are talking about, yet you keep posting.....

What's the matter, you hate it that your most prized AR manufacturer is probably going to tits up? Welcome to the business world of Competition.
S&W AR platform is garbage. Daniel Defense is premium

-Geaux

Daniel Defense AR copy starts out at 1900 bucks and it's Mil Spec or Match Grade. And it just gets better the more you spend. Those are definitely not junk. If I were to own an AR Copy, it would be one of those.

They killed the 600 series and all of their Carbines died with it. The Model 700 is all that is left if you want something that long. I, personally, like a shorter gun.
As though one can't get a gunsmith to shorten and recrown a barrel.

I also should be able to buy one off the rack. The one gun that would be my favorite would be the 308 Savage Model 99 if they still made it new. But I guess it wasn't sexy enough. Or, maybe, a good Model 1873 Winchester 44 mag. they still make that one. Or maybe a 45.70 Henry that they still make. That can stop just about anything.

But I don't see any kind of real choices from Remington like say Winchester or Savage. It's like shopping at a grocery store where one kind gets the whole isle and the other gets just the end cap.

Well to be fair Trump is not a salesman for them, Obama was though...

Actually, it was Foxnews that was the salesmen. But today, Foxnews isn't the trusted source it once was and has problems selling it own soul to the Devil. Oh, wait, that went a long time ago. They are having trouble selling Trump these days. But then again, so is everyone else.
Dreamer. Fox New remains number one, whereas CNN is dying.

It depends on day to day. Foxnews normally is number one but on slightly less than half of the days, MSNBC slides in. And then CNN is still coming in number one once in awhile. What makes Foxnews number one is only one person and one person only and that is Saun Hannidy. If he were to be taken out of the equation Foxnews would be rated as #3 more than half of the time.

Haniddy likes to report that CNN is dying but it's not. It's still around and doing just fine. The problem is, the Hannity listeners buy into every little thing Hannity has to say as truth.

Actually they did. During the Clinton administration they tried to reach a compromise with the government and accepted some gun control because they thought they had to in order to stay in business. They thought it would be a PR win. Angry potential customers fled and the NRA condemned them. Their sales started on the down hill track that continues to this day. Instead of just arguing against anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived political views, just do a little research. Google is your friend.

Remington makes one model of the AR. They claim two but it's really just one model. You can purchase them all day long for right about 899 bucks. These are junk. You can't even step it up and get a decent AR style from them. No Match Quality or Military Grade like you can from Colt and a few others. The selection of arms from Remington's line are all like that. You want to blame the Government or anyone else but Remington for the fact that Remington was in trouble even before the Brady Bill and continues to go down the tubes even today. Yes, they grabbed at what they thought was a life guard like a drowning person does. Then they went right back to drowning. They never learned to swim in today's firearms business market. What's funny, not long ago, Colt was in this same situation but they changed things themselves and are now back to being profitable and popular. If you want to help Remington, inject a billion or so into it (buy the company) and make changes yourself. Otherwise, just let it go by the way of the Studebaker.
You don’t know military grade from a cracker jacks box

If S&W would be on the leading edge of firearms design like they were with their venerable revolvers and quit trying to produce guns other companies are making, they'd do just fine.

Nothing could beat their Model 29 .44 magnum with a 6" barrel.
The smith&wessen m&p15 sport is a very fine entry level sporting rifle...
And the m&p handguns are excellent, better than glocks.

Actually they did. During the Clinton administration they tried to reach a compromise with the government and accepted some gun control because they thought they had to in order to stay in business. They thought it would be a PR win. Angry potential customers fled and the NRA condemned them. Their sales started on the down hill track that continues to this day. Instead of just arguing against anything that doesn't agree with your preconceived political views, just do a little research. Google is your friend.

Remington makes one model of the AR. They claim two but it's really just one model. You can purchase them all day long for right about 899 bucks. These are junk. You can't even step it up and get a decent AR style from them. No Match Quality or Military Grade like you can from Colt and a few others. The selection of arms from Remington's line are all like that. You want to blame the Government or anyone else but Remington for the fact that Remington was in trouble even before the Brady Bill and continues to go down the tubes even today. Yes, they grabbed at what they thought was a life guard like a drowning person does. Then they went right back to drowning. They never learned to swim in today's firearms business market. What's funny, not long ago, Colt was in this same situation but they changed things themselves and are now back to being profitable and popular. If you want to help Remington, inject a billion or so into it (buy the company) and make changes yourself. Otherwise, just let it go by the way of the Studebaker.
You don’t know military grade from a cracker jacks box

So you want to sell more junk and can't stand the good stuff because you can't get them. I like good stuff. And the first thing I look for is the rating of "Mil Spec" and "Mil Grade" when dealing with something like a Military Style Rifle. And the AR is a Military Style Rifle that I would prefer to fire the 556 nato round instead of the 223 or at least have the option and not shorten the life of the gun or threaten injury. And I would like to thank the person that pointed that weapon out. It's top of the line.

If S&W would be on the leading edge of firearms design like they were with their venerable revolvers and quit trying to produce guns other companies are making, they'd do just fine.

S&W claims this can shoot either the 556 nato or the 223 rounds. DO NOT FIRE THE 556 NATO ROUNDS. I notice a flaw in their advertising where it hints at mil specs. Instead of outright saying Mil Spec, it says Mil Spec Sized. It doesn't talk about the head size that the 556 requires over the 223 to make it safe to fire the 556. It doesn't talk about the extra chromium in areas that makes it safe to fire the 556 rounds. If it was Mil Spec it would proudly state that. It doesn't. Therefore, it's just another cheap piece of junk for under 800 bucks.

S&W claims this can shoot either the 556 nato or the 223 rounds. DO NOT FIRE THE 556 NATO ROUNDS. I notice a flaw in their advertising where it hints at mil specs. Instead of outright saying Mil Spec, it says Mil Spec Sized. It doesn't talk about the head size that the 556 requires over the 223 to make it safe to fire the 556. It doesn't talk about the extra chromium in areas that makes it safe to fire the 556 rounds. If it was Mil Spec it would proudly state that. It doesn't. Therefore, it's just another cheap piece of junk for under 800 bucks.
No over the counter ar is military grade... of course
Like I said s&w m&p15 sport is a very fine ENTRY level sporting rifle. Nothing fancy, out of the box they will 1moa if the shooter is able. I sell them for $469 and they are my best selling rifles.
They will shoot both rounds just fine, I have never had one returned. And s&w has exceptional customer service.

Lol
I can get any firearms any other store can, I have 20+ years dealing with many of the same reps...

Lol
I can get any firearms any other store can, I have 20+ years dealing with many of the same reps...

Do you have a FFL license? Simple question. And before you run to the mommies, it's also not a personal question. You want us to accept you are a gun dealer, answer the question. Do you have a FFL License?

Lol

Do you have a FFL license? Simple question. And before you run to the mommies, it's also not a personal question. You want us to accept you are a gun dealer, answer the question. Do you have a FFL License?
Yes I do...

Forum List

Back