CDZ Gun Lovers, complete this sentence

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Nosmo King, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,055
    The founders idea of the militias was all citizens would be serving part time in militias bearing arms in lieu of professional standing armies . Of course, the common folk would have to be guaranteed the right to bear arms or there would be no militias; thus we have the 2nd amendment. Yes, I know that makes no sense today just like the second amendment.

The founders as well as most colonist feared a professional standing army. They saw militias as the answer. Cost was low, they could be integrated into a national army if needed, and once the hostilities ended, they could be sent back home saving a ton a money. The stumbling block was much of the gentry and businessmen feared that the uprisings in Europe might spread to the US if the public had free access to arms as they did at that time. So in order to protect the militias, the congress acted to make sure that there would be no infringement to the right to bear arms insuring that militias could be formed. I think it was a good idea in it's day but it just didn't work. Military science and weaponry in 19th century became far more sophisticated, well beyond the capabilities of part time volunteers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. xband

xband Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,531
    I absolutely need an assault rifle because I am a Tard.

3. NotfooledbyW

NotfooledbyW Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Humorme, post: 19430594
    If that is so and we have no well regulated militia cspable and willing to not only overthrown fifty state governments, the Federal. Government and the will of the majority you might as well just STFU about any gun rightt, let alone try to cling to semi- automatic assauit tigjes.

The courts have adjusted to the modern technological era and there is no going back.

During the founding the difference between military rifles and hunting rifles was not much.

Since then the M1918 Browning was invented. If you think the Browning should be mass produced and sold to any individual who wants one or his right to bear arms is violated then you are not being the least bit reasonable and you are maladjusted to the era in which you were born. We should not pay attention to you or what you have to say and you CT about multinational corporations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,043
    No. I have at considerable length explained to you what an actual assault rifle is and that questions about "assault rifles" cannot be answered until it is known exactly what you consider an assault rifle to be because you seem determined to remain ignorant. I have also explained what a militia is and has been. If you are going to ignore the answers don't expect you can expect your questions to be ignored. I also see no attempt of yours to answer questions I have asked you. In the unlikely event you are actually interested in this subject you may do well to review about 10 posts beginning with #284..

5. eflatminor

eflatminor Classical Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,511
    Not seeing the word "need" in "shall not be infringed".

Fail.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. 9thIDdoc

9thIDdoc Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,043
    I agree with much of your post but not your conclusion. Militia units on both sides earned my respect in Vietnam and they often acquit themselves well in the ME and Africa. Not to mention 9/11.

7. hadit

hadit Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,293
    I'm sorry to hear that.

8. PredFan

PredFan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,381
    Stupid. You can’t try to pigeonhole us into the answer you want.

It would be like me asking why you believe women should be allowed to abort their babies and you can’t say “it’s their right to do with their bodies anything they want to”, or “it’s not a human it’s a fetus”.

It’s a lie to say you want to understand, you just want something easy to ridicule.

9. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,522
    I don’t think anyone should have to justify their need/desire to have an assault rifle. There are many obvious reasons why people feel the need to own them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1