Gun free zone

Holmes had over 30 hand grenades that he made himself. No amount of gun control would have stopped him.

Holmes had over 30 hand grenades that he made himself. No amount of gun control would have stopped him.

but we need more laws, it makes us safe and the criminals follow our laws and if we pass them the criminals wont fire the guns because they respect the laws. sooo true ask any leftist who buys a gun to protect their family. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If ONE U.S. Marine had been sitting in that theater with a weapon things probably would have turned out differently!

Yes, it would have!!!! Instead of only 12 dead, there would have been a lot more!!! :mad:

We dont know that, point is make people pay for doing this stuff, dont be a pussy liberal and let em off with a warning.

What are you talking about??? It's the hypocritical conservatives that are rooting for George Zimmerman to get off, not liberals.

Yes, it would have!!!! Instead of only 12 dead, there would have been a lot more!!! :mad:

We dont know that, point is make people pay for doing this stuff, dont be a pussy liberal and let em off with a warning.

What are you talking about??? It's the hypocritical conservatives that are rooting for George Zimmerman to get off, not liberals.

its like once people know they made a mistake they wont own up to it. No one is hoping Zimmerman is getting off we just want justice done by the law not by social opinion

its like once people know they made a mistake they wont own up to it. No one is hoping Zimmerman is getting off we just want justice done by the law not by social opinion

Indeed. Law isn't trial by media.

You people always have to find something to bitch about!!! I wasn't aware there was any other way to get justice except through the law. :rolleyes:

You people always have to find something to bitch about!!! I wasn't aware there was any other way to get justice except through the law. :rolleyes:

There is frontier justice and God's justice as well, outside the law.

Governments hold no monopoly on justice or morality.

How do employers determine they aren't hiring schizophrenics?

They do actual background checks.

The one thing we are going to find out about this guy is that everyone involved with him knew he was off the rails. Just watching the University give that press conference where they admitted their program was pretty intense, but wouldn't say if they knew he was nuts or not. Nope. We know our asses are getting sued!

If we only held the gun sellers to the same standard. They'd make sure he wasn't nuts.

What records are being reviewed for the background check?

Mental health records, like health records in general, are confidential.

Mental illness becomes part of the public record only as a result of being adjudicated mentally incompetent, that your are a danger to yourself or others. Or you’ve been committed to a mental institution.

Gun dealers have access to these records when they run the 4473 background check, but otherwise there’d be no record of mental illness.

James Holmes was subjected to the same background check.

Then the background check was inadequate.

We live in the "information age", man. There was information that this guy was not all there, and due to various reasons, the people who sold him the gun (if they actually gave a shit) didn't have when they gave him a semi-automatic assault rifle and 3000 rounds of ammunition.

Thus because someone is ‘acting crazy,’ or there’s hearsay that someone is ‘not all there,’ that’s justification to preempt a civil right.

A private owner of a gun shop could in theory refuse to sell to someone for most any reason, provided there’s no violation of public accommodations law. There’s also nothing to compel a gun shop owner to not make an otherwise legal sale.

But you still haven’t outlined the actual criteria and mechanics of a law designed to prevent gun ownership when there is no documented evidence of mental illness.

This is as much the age of misinformation as well.

Thus because someone is ‘acting crazy,’ or there’s hearsay that someone is ‘not all there,’ that’s justification to preempt a civil right.

A private owner of a gun shop could in theory refuse to sell to someone for most any reason, provided there’s no violation of public accommodations law. There’s also nothing to compel a gun shop owner to not make an otherwise legal sale.

But you still haven’t outlined the actual criteria and mechanics of a law designed to prevent gun ownership when there is no documented evidence of mental illness.

Indeed their is. WHich is why people who have erroneous credit reports have a hard time getting loans until they clear it up.

But that's the point. People DO protect their interests. If you held gun sellers accountable for what people do with their guns, they'd be a lot more judicious to who they sell them to.

We still don't know who sold The Joker the AR-15, btw.

If you held gun sellers accountable for what people do with their guns, they'd be a lot more judicious to who they sell them to.

Yes just because they pass the Federal NCIS background check the gun dealer should still confer to his crystal ball or at least tarot cards.

Indeed their is. WHich is why people who have erroneous credit reports have a hard time getting loans until they clear it up.

But that's the point. People DO protect their interests. If you held gun sellers accountable for what people do with their guns, they'd be a lot more judicious to who they sell them to.

How in the fuck do you propose to do that, you ignorant fucking twit? Are you going to hold the sporting goods store responsible for the bat they sold that someone used to bash your fucking head in?

How about you hold Ford Motor Co. responsible because I ran your ignorant ass over with my Mustang?

Budweiser for the beer bottle?

Ping for the golf club?

You sir, are an idiot of the highest order. You are SUCH an idiot that if we wanted to selectively breed idiots we'd come to you for a sperm donation.

MEGA Idiot!!

If you held gun sellers accountable for what people do with their guns, they'd be a lot more judicious to who they sell them to.

Yes just because they pass the Federal NCIS background check the gun dealer should still confer to his crystal ball or at least tarot cards.

Or maybe his common sense.

I do purchasing all day. I can usually tell which vendors are bullshitting me and which ones are the real deal.

Are you trying to tell me that gun owners can't tell the guy who shows up with the red clown hair acting funny is not the guy you'd want to sell the gun to?

I do purchasing all day. I can usually tell which vendors are bullshitting me and which ones are the real deal.

Are you trying to tell me that gun owners can't tell the guy who shows up with the red clown hair acting funny is not the guy you'd want to sell the gun to?

No I'm telling you your posts are ripe with misinformation on guns therefore you can't speak to the lengths lawful FFL's go beyond the law to curtail sales when it doesn't feel right or pass the sniff test.

Their livelihood, freedom and reputation among the law abiding depend on it.

No I'm telling you your posts are ripe with misinformation on guns therefore you can't speak to the lengths lawful FFL's go beyond the law to curtail sales when it doesn't feel right or pass the sniff test.

Yet the crazies will always find one of these guys willing to sell them guns.

How about this. If one of your guns is used in a mass murder, you lose your license, all your stock is confiscated and you lose one year of profits...

Betcha we won't see one of these "Jokers" again.

Hey Joe. What about accidental gun deaths. Who leads the world in kids getting killed by guns?
Who leads the world in murder by gun? Who leads the world in armed citizens? Who leads the world in the amount of money spent on guns and ammo by its citizens.

Who says America isn't a world leader still?
That's why honest citizens needs guns to protect themselves and their family.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy...

Arthur Kellermann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe it's because most people don't know how to use them or don't take the time to secure them.

Part of weapons training is learning how to take them apart, clean them, and put them back together. Also learning how to respect them is important. But one of the worst problems people have is they don't shoot them enough to feel confident that they can hit what they're aiming at. That's the primary reason family members get shot. Untrained assholes busting caps all over the place without consideration where the bullet is going. Kids that don't know how to handle the thing playing with it.

A shotgun with birdshot in it is the best weapon for home defense. A pistol is the least. Pistols are made to carry, not use in your home. A pump-action shotgun with a flashlight attached to it can do wonders. Just aim the light and pull the trigger.

Yet the crazies will always find one of these guys willing to sell them guns.

How about this. If one of your guns is used in a mass murder, you lose your license, all your stock is confiscated and you lose one year of profits...

Betcha we won't see one of these "Jokers" again.

Why stop there. Why not go after restaurants, liquor stores, and bars. Anyone gets a DUI or kills someone in an accident put them out of business.

How bout we nail anyone who sells a cellphone to some kid that kills someone while texting.

There is, however, no Constitutional right to a loan.

If a gun dealer fails to do a 4473 background check, retain the proper documents, or fails to keep his bound book updated, he’ll indeed be held accountable.

But it’s highly unlikely laws and regulations could be developed so comprehensive as to address every situation a gun dealer might encounter that would warrant not selling a gun to a given buyer; such laws would be needlessly burdensome on gun dealers and likely not pass Constitutional muster.

Making the gun dealers the ‘bad guy’ isn’t the solution.

Why should we know? Was it an illegal sale?

There is, however, no Constitutional right to a loan.

If a gun dealer fails to do a 4473 background check, retain the proper documents, or fails to keep his bound book updated, he’ll indeed be held accountable.

But it’s highly unlikely laws and regulations could be developed so comprehensive as to address every situation a gun dealer might encounter that would warrant not selling a gun to a given buyer; such laws would be needlessly burdensome on gun dealers and likely not pass Constitutional muster.

Making the gun dealers the ‘bad guy’ isn’t the solution.

Why should we know? Was it an illegal sale?

What I hear is the guy somehow got these weapons over the internet or mail-order. He didn't go to a gun shop.

He wanted to join a shooting club and the owner rejected him because he felt there was something wrong with him. A gun-shop owner might have done the same.

I'm thinking people have seen too many movies with people buying guns. It's not quite like that. In my state they check if you have a criminal background before you get the gun. Some say there's a waiting period.

Last edited:

My understanding is the Smith & Wesson model M&P15T rifle was purchased at Gander Mountain.

Colo. shooter purchased guns legally from 3 different stores - CBS News

My understanding is the Smith & Wesson model M&P15T rifle was purchased at Gander Mountain.

Colo. shooter purchased guns legally from 3 different stores - CBS News

Well....for several days it was reported he bought them like Lee Harvey Oswald, through the mail, not a gun-shop.

Guess the media lies.

Forum List

Back