Gun control works! 14 shot, 3 dead in Chicago so far this year

News organizations have done this "march of the dead" every New Year's for what seems like forever.

'Well, Blake, we've had our first murder of the new year, happened around 10 PM ............". It gets more attention that the first baby born.

There will be a 3-day period later in the year where far more people will get shot, and you won't see the same kind of coverage. Because it won't be the first of the year any more.

Yes, they have tough gun control laws. Perhaps that why there hasn't been a Sandy Hook or an Aurora or a Columbine in the area, at least not that I've heard about.

THAT'S what auto weapons control will help mitigate.

Note the difference? "Auto weapons" as opposed to "all weapons".

There will always be shootings, until the cowardly among us realize that violence is not the method one should use to try to effect one's grievances.

The young man who killed his mother and murdered all the children was deranged.

You just can't legislate the crazy out of crazy.

Not according to the American left...........:D:D:badgrin:

News organizations have done this "march of the dead" every New Year's for what seems like forever.

'Well, Blake, we've had our first murder of the new year, happened around 10 PM ............". It gets more attention that the first baby born.

There will be a 3-day period later in the year where far more people will get shot, and you won't see the same kind of coverage. Because it won't be the first of the year any more.

Yes, they have tough gun control laws. Perhaps that why there hasn't been a Sandy Hook or an Aurora or a Columbine in the area, at least not that I've heard about.

There will always be shootings, until the cowardly among us realize that violence is not the method one should use to try to effect one's grievances.

Not according to the American left...........:D:D:badgrin:

:lol:

And he wouldn't have had access to the weapons he got his hands on if his equally crazy mother hadn't been able to purchase them.

Was he cognizant enough to go on the internet and get these weapons? Perhaps, but that would have made it much harder.

Bet the people in Chicago were killed with standard hand guns. It's gonna happen, we simpkly can't get rid of them all. So you have to attack the problem that violence is not the answer.

But we CAN mitigate some of the damage in the interim, can't we? Changing minds will take longer than changing clips.

Scared little boys who need a gun .............................. that's all any of it is about.

The rest is smoke screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NJQK2BscIg]Woman With Shotgun Kills Rapist in Self-Defense (MO) - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe this woman would have done better just giving her assailant the hi sign, as would be recommended by any good lefty limpwrister.

So......after getting a bit more information and seeing some vids, one must ask oneself, which strtegy is more likely to keep you from getting your ass capped by a bad guy..................

The limpwristers dog...................

miniature-poodle.jpg

Or Skooks Mossberg 500 tactical 12G???

mossberg-500-special-purpose-shotgun-1.jpg

Honestly........which is less gay and which makes it a certainty your ass gets capped?

And he wouldn't have had access to the weapons he got his hands on if his equally crazy mother hadn't been able to purchase them.

Was he cognizant enough to go on the internet and get these weapons? Perhaps, but that would have made it much harder.

Bet the people in Chicago were killed with standard hand guns. It's gonna happen, we simpkly can't get rid of them all. So you have to attack the problem that violence is not the answer.

But we CAN mitigate some of the damage in the interim, can't we? Changing minds will take longer than changing clips.

Scared little boys who need a gun .............................. that's all any of it is about.

The rest is smoke screen.

Nancy Lanza wasn't crazy. She wasn't a prepper waiting for doomsday. That's the narrative the media wants to present but there is no evidence of that whatsoever.

Just a gun enthusiast.

And believe it or not, and I have to give him some credit for actually admitting such levels of gay...................

Here is Lakhota's home defense weapon...........

5f19d2f3c0c9817648c69d9fb573c05b1742a26d_348x348_zps7f3443b5.jpg

Now who the fuck knows.........perhaps this is an effective weapon in Irellevantsville, South Dakota in the middle of nowhere, but doesnt work for me!!!

Nancy Lanza wasn't crazy. She wasn't a prepper waiting for doomsday.

Uh, her neighbors said she was. I tend to believe them. Why would THEY lie?

Having 5 guns capable of doing that kind of damage is a bit too "enthusiastic". Wouldn't ONE be enough?

If she had a "deranged" son, shouldn't her weapons she used as her "hobby" have been locked up?

Sorry, doesn't wash.

She was a looney toon.

Nancy Lanza wasn't crazy. She wasn't a prepper waiting for doomsday.

Uh, her neighbors said she was. I tend to believe them. Why would THEY lie?

Having 5 guns capable of doing that kind of damage is a bit too "enthusiastic". Wouldn't ONE be enough?

If she had a "deranged" son, shouldn't her weapons she used as her "hobby" have been locked up?

Sorry, doesn't wash.

She was a looney toon.

No she wasn't. When Marsha, Adam's aunt was asked about Nancy's passion for guns she is the only source that I have found on the net that references her as a "survivalist" and she wanted them for defense as well.

So what? I live in the middle of nowhere and have enough supplies in my house to keep me going in case of any emergency.

I know they've made a great big deal out of some show call "doomsday preppers" but the survivalists aka boy scouts aka smart people I know just want to be prepared.

We had a huge blizzard come thru last fall. Took out the power for three days.If we didn't have what we have, we'd be having to try to leave the house and go to a shelter.

Manitoba Hydro even tells you in a reminder notice every fall that you have to be prepared to be on your own for 72 hours. It's a big deal.

Propane heater, wood stoves are just essential winter equipment. Does that make one crazy because one has the ability to survive thru a natural disaster?

Now Crooks and Liars who was one of the blog sites spreading this rumor. They'd picked up the "info" from a DM article which they even they admitted was full of errors and from a tv station that interviewed Adam's aunt.

But the lefty gun control freaks need her to be a looney toon to make the narrative even more compelling.

And what's wrong with having multiple guns? Or bows? One gun does not suffice where I live.

Game comes in all different sizes.

Out of 6 million people? Surprised there weren't a lot more.

That's 8/1000 of one percent. More people probably died of food poisoning.

But the gun lovers hold up this "epidemic" as a rationale (forgive the term) for evading gun control. Because they are scared little boys who need their guns to feel manly.

No, we need our guns to feel secure in a world where police departments are facing budget cuts while crime goes up.

The gun grabbers are so gay..............

Here's another list...of places where citizens have been forbidden to own weapons...

1911 - Turkey bans civilian ownership of firearms. From 1911 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

1928 - Germany bans firearms. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill & others, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

1929 - The Soviet Union bans firearms. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were systematically eliminated.

1935 - China bans firearms. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were killed.

1956 - Cambodia bans firearms. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people unable to defend themselves, were murdered.

1964 - Guatemala bans firearms. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and killed.

1970 - Uganda bans firearms. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated. In one infamous incident, the habitants of a small village took refuge in a church, where every man, woman and child was massacred with guns and machetes as they were unable to physically defend themselves.

1995 - 6,000 Bosnian Muslims were massacred at Srebrenica in the ironically named "UN safe area" after having been disarmed first (a process aided by the UN).

Kurt Eichenwald: Let’s Repeal the Second Amendment | Vanity Fair

3 Killed In Chicago Shootings So Far This Year | NBC Chicago

Of course this will be a local story because it wasn't suburban whites being shot. Those are the only newsworthy shootings to liberals.

In Arizona, a State with some of the most lax gun laws in the country, a man walked up to and put a bullet in a Congresswoman's head. He then proceeded to kill four others and wound many more.

Your argument is retarded.

Apparently it isn't seeing as Chicago has surpassed the 500 mark for 2012.
Chicago police confirm 'tragic number' of 500 homicides - chicagotribune.com

3 Killed In Chicago Shootings So Far This Year | NBC Chicago

Of course this will be a local story because it wasn't suburban whites being shot. Those are the only newsworthy shootings to liberals.

In Arizona, a State with some of the most lax gun laws in the country, a man walked up to and put a bullet in a Congresswoman's head. He then proceeded to kill four others and wound many more.

No....it's retarded.

It's as retarded as someone trying to claim that lax gun control doesn't work to keep people safe because of something like what happened to Rep. Giffords. Hence my original post.

Regarding gun control, the all or nothing people are simply morons who are incapable of anything beyond a surface level understanding of any given issue.

No....it's retarded.

It's as retarded as someone trying to claim that lax gun control doesn't work to keep people safe because of something like what happened to Rep. Giffords. Hence my original post.

Regarding gun control, the all or nothing people are simply morons who are incapable of anything beyond a surface level understanding of any given issue.

Retarded is allowing emotions to trump rational thought. You don't trample Law abiding citizens Freedoms because a nutcase shoots some people. The Second Amendment is very clear. The fact remains -it is all or nothing... Once ideological zealots are given the ability to ban specific guns, they are never satisfied. They will continually nibble away at it until it no longer exists, and people wind up disarmed by other people's tyranny. Freedom has been fought for, and many paid the ultimate price so the majority wont be usurped by a minority who profess to know what is best for them. The point of the Second Amendment is to keep power in the hands of the people, to give tyrants pause... If that is retarded then I think you missed the entire premise of the Constitution, and the basic ideas of Freedom that our forefathers envisioned for this country.

Forum List

Back