Gun control works! 14 shot, 3 dead in Chicago so far this year

Apparently it isn't seeing as Chicago has surpassed the 500 mark for 2012.
Chicago police confirm 'tragic number' of 500 homicides - chicagotribune.com

No....it's retarded.

It's as retarded as someone trying to claim that lax gun control doesn't work to keep people safe because of something like what happened to Rep. Giffords. Hence my original post.

Regarding gun control, the all or nothing people are simply morons who are incapable of anything beyond a surface level understanding of any given issue.

Retarded is allowing emotions to trump rational thought. You don't trample Law abiding citizens Freedoms because a nutcase shoots some people. The Second Amendment is very clear. The fact remains -it is all or nothing... Once ideological zealots are given the ability to ban specific guns, they are never satisfied. They will continually nibble away at it until it no longer exists, and people wind up disarmed by other people's tyranny. Freedom has been fought for, and many paid the ultimate price so the majority wont be usurped by a minority who profess to know what is best for them. The point of the Second Amendment is to keep power in the hands of the people, to give tyrants pause... If that is retarded then I think you missed the entire premise of the Constitution, and the basic ideas of Freedom that our forefathers envisioned for this country.

The 2nd isn't all or nothing.....looks like I'm speaking with a retard.

3 Killed In Chicago Shootings So Far This Year | NBC Chicago

Of course this will be a local story because it wasn't suburban whites being shot. Those are the only newsworthy shootings to liberals.

There have been shootings all of 2012 in Chicago. You'll need a different diversionary example here.

Dummy.

What's diversionary about pointing out that the Chicago gun bans don't work?

The shootings in Chicago were happening all along and are still happening even though there hasn't been any gun legislation. You all are acting like there has been a rash of shootings simply because gun laws are being discussed.

No....it's retarded.

It's as retarded as someone trying to claim that lax gun control doesn't work to keep people safe because of something like what happened to Rep. Giffords. Hence my original post.

Regarding gun control, the all or nothing people are simply morons who are incapable of anything beyond a surface level understanding of any given issue.

Retarded is allowing emotions to trump rational thought. You don't trample Law abiding citizens Freedoms because a nutcase shoots some people. The Second Amendment is very clear. The fact remains -it is all or nothing... Once ideological zealots are given the ability to ban specific guns, they are never satisfied. They will continually nibble away at it until it no longer exists, and people wind up disarmed by other people's tyranny. Freedom has been fought for, and many paid the ultimate price so the majority wont be usurped by a minority who profess to know what is best for them. The point of the Second Amendment is to keep power in the hands of the people, to give tyrants pause... If that is retarded then I think you missed the entire premise of the Constitution, and the basic ideas of Freedom that our forefathers envisioned for this country.

Maybe in your progressive la la land it isn't... But it most certainly is to people who think for themselves and don't interpret the Second Amendment through a twisted ideology numbskull.

There have been shootings all of 2012 in Chicago. You'll need a different diversionary example here.

Dummy.

The shootings in Chicago were happening all along and are still happening even though there hasn't been any gun legislation. You all are acting like there has been a rash of shootings simply because gun laws are being discussed.

But there has been legislation... You do realize Chicago has had gun bans in place for over a year now??? The point that you obviously missed is that those current bans are not working, and have not since they were implemented. Who said anything about more shootings happening because people are discussing gun control? That's absolutely preposterous. Have you been drinking?

Maybe in your progressive la la land it isn't... But it most certainly is to people who think for themselves and don't interpret the Second Amendment through a twisted ideology numbskull.

You are the guy who is claiming the 2nd is all or nothing and I'm the ideologue ... lol

But there has been legislation... You do realize Chicago has had gun bans in place for over a year now??? The point that you obviously missed is that those current bans are not working, and have not since they were implemented. Who said anything about more shootings happening because people are discussing gun control? That's absolutely preposterous. Have you been drinking?

What sort of legislation? Anything substantive like requiring background checks? You are just bringing it up now as if no gun control is going to work at all, in fact, according to you, there will be even more shootings and killings if anyone even talks about gun control.

Ridiculous.

What sort of legislation? Anything substantive like requiring background checks? You are just bringing it up now as if no gun control is going to work at all, in fact, according to you, there will be even more shootings and killings if anyone even talks about gun control.

Ridiculous.

Background checks have been required since 1968. IL requires an FOID card to purchase or own a gun.
Fail.

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous is your clear lack of understanding of Chicago's current oppressive gun laws, and that you feel informed enough to comment on them.

You are the guy who is claiming the 2nd is all or nothing and I'm the ideologue ... lol

What part of shall not be infringed did you not grasp in your understanding of the Second Amendment? I'd say that's fairly all or nothing.

What part of shall not be infringed did you not grasp in your understanding of the Second Amendment? I'd say that's fairly all or nothing.

True, but doesn't the "well-regulated" part sort of conflict ...................

We HAVE a "well-regulated" militia. It's called the National Guard.

Your absolute need to own a gun has been mitigated over the years. And that isn't even really what this debate is about. It's the TYPE of gun. Or at least that's what it should be about.

You WANT to own a gun, I don't care. Most likely you'll use it responsibly, so it's not my affair. Whatever. In all likelihood, it'll never hurt ME.

The pro-gun side is making it look like there is this tidal wave of crime and government oppression (snort) that REQUIRES you to own one to feel safe. Therefore, you need the unrestricted RIGHT to do so.

This simply isn't true.

New Topics

Forum List

Back