Gun Control - What's the Problem?

Little extra effort?

There is no effort to go around the law...

Straw purchasing is already against the law, so how will you prevent that?
I won’t prevent that. It will still happen. We just support law enforcement to catch those guys

So the laws you want to pass will not stop the Next Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas or Cop shooters, so tell me what is the point passing the law again?

Hell the Orlando Nightclub shooting could have been prevented had the agencies done their job, but alas they did not so will more laws make them do their job?
How do you know laws won’t and haven’t stopped any shootings? How many straw buyers have been busted. How many people with illegal firearms have been arrested and had the guns confiscated? How do you know that they wouldn’t have killed with those weapons had they not been arrested? Without laws and regulations those people would all still be on the streets locked and loaded.

How do you bust a straw buyer if he can legally pass any and all background checks?

NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION - the precursor to confiscation as Trump and the Dems want it.
FearTactic101

A person can avoid the background checks and other laws by going through the straw purchase process or buying a stolen firearm off the black market...

Take the Cop shooter that had a record and laws already prevented him from owning a gun, so what new law would have stopped him?

How about Sandy Hook and the fact the mother owned the firearms and was killed, so again what law would have prevented the killings?

How about the Santa Fe, Texas shootings and again what law would have prevented that shooting?

Too many times I read how we need stricter gun control laws but you have laws already that do nothing, so tell me how will those background checks stop the next thug from shooting up a school are trying to kill our kids?
Yes understood. People can get through the holes in the net if they put in the extra effort, but others will get caught in the net. Never said anything was full proof.

Little extra effort?

I won’t prevent that. It will still happen. We just support law enforcement to catch those guys

So the laws you want to pass will not stop the Next Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas or Cop shooters, so tell me what is the point passing the law again?

Hell the Orlando Nightclub shooting could have been prevented had the agencies done their job, but alas they did not so will more laws make them do their job?
How do you know laws won’t and haven’t stopped any shootings? How many straw buyers have been busted. How many people with illegal firearms have been arrested and had the guns confiscated? How do you know that they wouldn’t have killed with those weapons had they not been arrested? Without laws and regulations those people would all still be on the streets locked and loaded.

Hoe many times have you heard about the government busting straw buyers?

Very rare!

Fact is your laws you want to pass now would have not prevented the mass shootings I wrote about, and you know this.

So how many more laws do you need?

Enforce the ones you have and stop saying you need more...

Yes understood. People can get through the holes in the net if they put in the extra effort, but others will get caught in the net. Never said anything was full proof.

Little extra effort?

Very rare!

Fact is your laws you want to pass now would have not prevented the mass shootings I wrote about, and you know this.

There is one literally being indicted right now in relation to the Dayton shooting. You need to pay better attention.

Little extra effort?

Very rare!

There is one literally being indicted right now in relation to the Dayton shooting. You need to pay better attention.

Did I say it never happens?

I wrote very rare and LEO is defending itself for not doing their job as usual.

You have laws on the books, so enforce the ones you have and stop passing ones the Police will never use until it is too late...

Very rare!

You have laws on the books, so enforce the ones you have and stop passing ones the Police will never use until it is too late...
Remember that next time you use the “laws won’t stop all mass shootings” argument. Nobody is claiming anything will solve the problem in full but if it stops some, even one, then it’s worth exploring.

So in regards to our current laws that you want to enforce. Which specific ones do you think are fair just and useful?

They are not. Anyone can own a car.

The license is to operate the car on public roads, which is not a right.

But, if the aim is to make sure we have people trained to safely use arms, we can accomplish that goal without the need for licensing.

I, and many like me, SUPPORT education in the safe and effective use of arms. Why wouldn't we?

You should support gun safety, we all should. How do you support it and promote more people to partake?

Anyone who wants to learn gun safety can take some of excellent courses offered by the NRA

MAybe we should force everyone to take gun safety courses
There ya go... kinda like getting a drivers license huh?

But I was being facetious

I guess I need a sarcasm sign when dealing with you

giphy.gif
You have better ideas when you’re sarcastic

Sure then we can apply that to every right and require people pay licensing fees too

Didn't take your 4th amendment education class and pay the fee for the 4th amendment permit?

Tough shit now the cops and search your home without a warrant

Last edited:

Very rare!

Remember that next time you use the “laws won’t stop all mass shootings” argument. Nobody is claiming anything will solve the problem in full but if it stops some, even one, then it’s worth exploring.

So in regards to our current laws that you want to enforce. Which specific ones do you think are fair just and useful?
mass shootings account for 1% or less of all murders

Seems to me the murder problem lies somewhere else like maybe where 70% of all murders take place

A determined killer can take an automobile and plow into a crowd and kill a lot of people in minutes. When I was a kid, In Ireland guns were tightly controlled, but the IRA / Sein Fein was able to wage some really bloody battles - many times with improvised explosives.

The people you're talking about could ALL have been identified and dealt with long before a gun could come into play.
Yes people can kill in many other ways. I don’t see what that has to do with regulating the quickest and most efficient killing tools we have so dangerous people don’t have easy access to them.

You don't have the constitutional authority to infringe on unalienable Rights.
Our law makers and Supreme Court disagrees.

And the fact that you think it constitutionally illegal to restrict stores from selling an uzi to a 12 year old is just laughable. You aren’t going to win that argument.

I never made that argument. A 12 year old is a minor. Try again. Do you realize that the United States Supreme Court disagrees with my position because they ILLEGALLY stole your Rights? Check this out:

Stolen Rights

Read that an YOU would disagree with the high Court.
Where in the constitution does it say what age a minor is or for that matter where does it say that the god given inalienable right of owning a firearm may be infringed on 12 year olds?
Like I said if you think having an age of majority is unconstitutional then take it up with the courts

No one here thinks it's a big deal

Little extra effort?

How do you bust a straw buyer if he can legally pass any and all background checks?
There is one being arrested right now for the Dayton shooting. Straw buyers get busted all the time.

The obviously don't since it keeps happening

I've already initiated a grassroots movement for my fellow Trump supporters for those who go to his rallies to chant "no gun control no gun control protect our rights".

You should support gun safety, we all should. How do you support it and promote more people to partake?

Anyone who wants to learn gun safety can take some of excellent courses offered by the NRA

giphy.gif

Sure then we can apply that to every right and require people pay licensing fees too

Didn't take your 4th amendment and pay the fee for the 4th amendment permit?

We do apply regulations to other rights when it has potential impacts on the general public. You need a permit to protest, right?. You need permission to advertise in certain areas and your content needs to fit guidelines, does it not?

High risk people should be in jails, prisons, mental health facilities and / or under the care of a responsible person at all times.

Only "responsible" people should be able to buy alcohol by your logic. So should we limit how much a person can drink and if someone buys them a drink, should that buyer be charged with being a straw man purchaser?

As many people die in DUI accidents as do by firearms. Yet, all you have to do is provide proof of age and you can buy all the alcohol you want. So, how come society is not equally outraged by drunks? Shouldn't you have to have a license to drink? The booze the bartender sells might very well be to a guy that just got out of prison on a DUI charge that killed several people.

Can you defend your life with a can of beer? Can you use a can of beer to kill an animal and feed yourself?

I say when someone cannot be trusted to own a firearm, they are a danger under any circumstances. So contain the bad guys and leave our Rights alone.
A person can’t walk into a bar and kill a dozen people in under a minute with alcohol. You seem to be missing the point.

But you can drive into one and kill them quickly...

Remember OKC and remember take guns away lunatics will find other ways to kill either with trucks or box cutters...
That would be excellent. I’d much rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun. Wouldn’t you?

If a guy came at me with a box cutter i;d rather have a gun because I don't want any fight for my safety to be even. In fact I want it to be so lopsided that the person who would want to threaten me would be an idiot to want to try
That’s great, you should have Gun of you are responsible citizen trying to defend yourself. I’d rather the crazy dude have a box cutter rather than a gun. Wouldn’t you?

As long as stopping him from getting a gun doesn't violate his or my rights I have no problem with it

In fact we already have a procedure for deeming people mentally ill

giphy.gif

Didn't take your 4th amendment and pay the fee for the 4th amendment permit?

We do apply regulations to other rights when it has potential impacts on the general public. You need a permit to protest, right?. You need permission to advertise in certain areas and your content needs to fit guidelines, does it not?

Not really

You need a permit to protest on public property but not to protest in general

But hey let's make a mandatory syllabus for all citizens that they must complete with a 100% average then they can pay for and get a permit for every one of their guaranteed rights.

We could balance the budget on the backs of people who want their rights and liberties

Good idea huh. Comrade?

Very rare!

mass shootings account for 1% or less of all murders

Seems to me the murder problem lies somewhere else like maybe where 70% of all murders take place
Both are problems worth addressing but I agree for the most part

Yes people can kill in many other ways. I don’t see what that has to do with regulating the quickest and most efficient killing tools we have so dangerous people don’t have easy access to them.

And the fact that you think it constitutionally illegal to restrict stores from selling an uzi to a 12 year old is just laughable. You aren’t going to win that argument.

I never made that argument. A 12 year old is a minor. Try again. Do you realize that the United States Supreme Court disagrees with my position because they ILLEGALLY stole your Rights? Check this out:

Stolen Rights

Where in the constitution does it say what age a minor is or for that matter where does it say that the god given inalienable right of owning a firearm may be infringed on 12 year olds?
Like I said if you think having an age of majority is unconstitutional then take it up with the courts

I dont think that. I’m using that argument against those who keep calling gun legislation unconstitutional.

There is one being arrested right now for the Dayton shooting. Straw buyers get busted all the time.

Just because events still occur doesn’t mean other occurrences aren’t being prevented. #uselogic

Stolen Rights

I dont think that. I’m using that argument against those who keep calling gun legislation unconstitutional.

The age of majority is not gun legislation because it applies to almost everything.

Just because events still occur doesn’t mean other occurrences aren’t being prevented. #uselogic

To what degree are they prevented

If 1 out of 1000 get caught that isn't prevention

A person can’t walk into a bar and kill a dozen people in under a minute with alcohol. You seem to be missing the point.

Remember OKC and remember take guns away lunatics will find other ways to kill either with trucks or box cutters...
That would be excellent. I’d much rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun. Wouldn’t you?

If a guy came at me with a box cutter i;d rather have a gun because I don't want any fight for my safety to be even. In fact I want it to be so lopsided that the person who would want to threaten me would be an idiot to want to try
That’s great, you should have Gun of you are responsible citizen trying to defend yourself. I’d rather the crazy dude have a box cutter rather than a gun. Wouldn’t you?

As long as stopping him from getting a gun doesn't violate his or my rights I have no problem with it

Do you agree with the legality and effectiveness of our current system of deeming people mentally ill and keeping them from buying guns?

Do you agree with the legality and effectiveness of our current system of deeming people mentally ill and keeping them from buying guns?

I have no reason to disagree with it.

Every citizen has a right to due process of the law.

Forum List

Back