Gun Control - What's the Problem?

fe7b68d9c19455e3f5e968110a0d3d70.jpg
So you want their justice system here in the USA 3yr to 10yr max sentence for 1st degree premeditated murder instead of 25ry to life we have?

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771

2nd amendment, why are you posting retarded?

So you want their justice system here in the USA 3yr to 10yr max sentence for 1st degree premeditated murder instead of 25ry to life we have?
If that gets us Switzerland's crime rate, I'll take it.
:laughing0301:

You though you had a good point, didn't you?

Dear Retard, The justice system is what affects crime rates, not guns! Anyone over 18yrs & not on parole can own & CCW guns & ammo WITHOUT Permits in St. Louis, MO & it has the highest crime rate in the USA & 13th in the World.

Dear Retard, The justice system is what affects crime rates, not guns! Anyone over 18yrs & not on parole can own & CCW guns & ammo in St. Louis, MO & it has the highest crime rate in the USA & 13th in the World.
So, guns are not the problem, right? The justice system is the problem?

Just what point do you think you are making?

I'm a gun owner, most of my friends are gun owners, but i'm confused... What is the problem that most conservatives have with President Obama's Gun Control ideas? I hear the speeches, read the plans, watched the town hall and listen to commentary on both sides until my ears bleed and I still don't understand the conservative position.

Everything that the President has suggested makes sense to me. I don't feel threatened about losing my guns, and I don't think that a responsible citizen's ability to buy a gun is being threatened. I think anything that helps keep guns out of the wrong hands is a good idea, it will save lives! The only point I hear from conservatives on why they object is that they think there is a hidden agenda by the Left to take away all guns. That is ridiculous, paranoid and unrealistic, there must be something more...

Why does the pro-gun base object to background checks and regulations that will make it harder for criminals or irresponsible individuals to own a gun? I just don't understand the argument. Please enlighten me.

View attachment 59771

A person can avoid the background checks and other laws by going through the straw purchase process or buying a stolen firearm off the black market...

Take the Cop shooter that had a record and laws already prevented him from owning a gun, so what new law would have stopped him?

How about Sandy Hook and the fact the mother owned the firearms and was killed, so again what law would have prevented the killings?

How about the Santa Fe, Texas shootings and again what law would have prevented that shooting?

Too many times I read how we need stricter gun control laws but you have laws already that do nothing, so tell me how will those background checks stop the next thug from shooting up a school are trying to kill our kids?
Yes understood. People can get through the holes in the net if they put in the extra effort, but others will get caught in the net. Never said anything was full proof.

You’re right BG checks don’t stop those people. If you think they are useless would you call for eliminating BG checks all together? Let anybody buy any gun from anywhere that wants to sell them?

I definitely would allow people to buy firearms without all the B.S. and background checks.

When you have unstable people, it's usually when they are young. You can identify them, rehabilitate them and there would be no pretext for gun control.

Everybody seems to know how many people are killed by guns in every little shithole from Angola to Zimbabwe, but I'll bet that NONE of them know how other countries deal with unruly kids.

Here, we blame the kid, feed them pills, let the police parent them, and then bitch about it when the kid grows up to be a killer.
I agree we need to work on the mental health and education of our kids. That’s primary. But I also don’t think it smart at all to have zero regulations on guns. responsible people should be buying guns, high risk people shouldn’t. Plain and simple

High risk people should be in jails, prisons, mental health facilities and / or under the care of a responsible person at all times.

Only "responsible" people should be able to buy alcohol by your logic. So should we limit how much a person can drink and if someone buys them a drink, should that buyer be charged with being a straw man purchaser?

As many people die in DUI accidents as do by firearms. Yet, all you have to do is provide proof of age and you can buy all the alcohol you want. So, how come society is not equally outraged by drunks? Shouldn't you have to have a license to drink? The booze the bartender sells might very well be to a guy that just got out of prison on a DUI charge that killed several people.

Can you defend your life with a can of beer? Can you use a can of beer to kill an animal and feed yourself?

I say when someone cannot be trusted to own a firearm, they are a danger under any circumstances. So contain the bad guys and leave our Rights alone.
A person can’t walk into a bar and kill a dozen people in under a minute with alcohol. You seem to be missing the point.

But you can drive into one and kill them quickly...

Remember OKC and remember take guns away lunatics will find other ways to kill either with trucks or box cutters...
That would be excellent. I’d much rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun. Wouldn’t you?

Dear Retard, The justice system is what affects crime rates, not guns! Anyone over 18yrs & not on parole can own & CCW guns & ammo in St. Louis, MO & it has the highest crime rate in the USA & 13th in the World.

More gun regulation, prosecution, convictions & rehabilitation/corrections solves violent crime, not guns for everyone!

View attachment 59771

A person can avoid the background checks and other laws by going through the straw purchase process or buying a stolen firearm off the black market...

Take the Cop shooter that had a record and laws already prevented him from owning a gun, so what new law would have stopped him?

How about Sandy Hook and the fact the mother owned the firearms and was killed, so again what law would have prevented the killings?

How about the Santa Fe, Texas shootings and again what law would have prevented that shooting?

Too many times I read how we need stricter gun control laws but you have laws already that do nothing, so tell me how will those background checks stop the next thug from shooting up a school are trying to kill our kids?
Yes understood. People can get through the holes in the net if they put in the extra effort, but others will get caught in the net. Never said anything was full proof.

Little extra effort?

There is no effort to go around the law...

Straw purchasing is already against the law, so how will you prevent that?

I definitely would allow people to buy firearms without all the B.S. and background checks.

When you have unstable people, it's usually when they are young. You can identify them, rehabilitate them and there would be no pretext for gun control.

Everybody seems to know how many people are killed by guns in every little shithole from Angola to Zimbabwe, but I'll bet that NONE of them know how other countries deal with unruly kids.

Here, we blame the kid, feed them pills, let the police parent them, and then bitch about it when the kid grows up to be a killer.
I agree we need to work on the mental health and education of our kids. That’s primary. But I also don’t think it smart at all to have zero regulations on guns. responsible people should be buying guns, high risk people shouldn’t. Plain and simple

High risk people should be in jails, prisons, mental health facilities and / or under the care of a responsible person at all times.

Only "responsible" people should be able to buy alcohol by your logic. So should we limit how much a person can drink and if someone buys them a drink, should that buyer be charged with being a straw man purchaser?

As many people die in DUI accidents as do by firearms. Yet, all you have to do is provide proof of age and you can buy all the alcohol you want. So, how come society is not equally outraged by drunks? Shouldn't you have to have a license to drink? The booze the bartender sells might very well be to a guy that just got out of prison on a DUI charge that killed several people.

Can you defend your life with a can of beer? Can you use a can of beer to kill an animal and feed yourself?

I say when someone cannot be trusted to own a firearm, they are a danger under any circumstances. So contain the bad guys and leave our Rights alone.
A person can’t walk into a bar and kill a dozen people in under a minute with alcohol. You seem to be missing the point.

Remember OKC and remember take guns away lunatics will find other ways to kill either with trucks or box cutters...
That would be excellent. I’d much rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun. Wouldn’t you?

On a plane where they killed so many people?

Think again.

More gun regulation, prosecution, convictions & corrections solves violent crime, not guns for everyone!
You just made the opposite argument. I don't know if that was your intent, but there it is.

View attachment 59771

2nd amendment, why are you posting retarded?

Why am I posting retarded? Try proofreading, you won’t sound so retarded.

View attachment 59771

Little extra effort?

I won’t prevent that. It will still happen. We just support law enforcement to catch those guys

Think again.
Ok I thought about it and I still would rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun

View attachment 59771

Little extra effort?

I won’t prevent that. It will still happen. We just support law enforcement to catch those guys

So the laws you want to pass will not stop the Next Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas or Cop shooters, so tell me what is the point passing the law again?

Hell the Orlando Nightclub shooting could have been prevented had the agencies done their job, but alas they did not so will more laws make them do their job?

Think again.
Ok I thought about it and I still would rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun

And you will still die...

More gun regulation, prosecution, convictions & rehabilitation/corrections solves violent crime, not guns for everyone!

Yeah like having more people in prison than any nation on the face of the earth has solved America's drug use. You're wrong as you can be.

View attachment 59771

Little extra effort?

So the laws you want to pass will not stop the Next Sandy Hook, Santa Fe, Texas or Cop shooters, so tell me what is the point passing the law again?

Hell the Orlando Nightclub shooting could have been prevented had the agencies done their job, but alas they did not so will more laws make them do their job?
How do you know laws won’t and haven’t stopped any shootings? How many straw buyers have been busted. How many people with illegal firearms have been arrested and had the guns confiscated? How do you know that they wouldn’t have killed with those weapons had they not been arrested? Without laws and regulations those people would all still be on the streets locked and loaded.

Think again.

And you will still die...
Hopefully just me then... will give my wife some time to take the mother fucker out

No, they aren't. The current checks don't stop criminals who simply steal their guns or use straw buyers who can pass any background check. Mass shooters can pass any background check or they too steal their guns....

Background checks are security theater......and the next step to gun registration, which you need to confiscate guns.
You’re right BG checks don’t stop those people. If you think they are useless would you call for eliminating BG checks all together? Let anybody buy any gun from anywhere that wants to sell them?

A determined killer can take an automobile and plow into a crowd and kill a lot of people in minutes. When I was a kid, In Ireland guns were tightly controlled, but the IRA / Sein Fein was able to wage some really bloody battles - many times with improvised explosives.

The people you're talking about could ALL have been identified and dealt with long before a gun could come into play.

Forum List

Back