Gun Control - What's the Problem?

There ya go... kinda like getting a drivers license huh?

But I was being facetious

I guess I need a sarcasm sign when dealing with you

giphy.gif
You have better ideas when you’re sarcastic

Sure then we can apply that to every right and require people pay licensing fees too

Didn't take your 4th amendment and pay the fee for the 4th amendment permit?

Tough shit now the cops and search your home without a warrant
We do apply regulations to other rights when it has potential impacts on the general public. You need a permit to protest, right?. You need permission to advertise in certain areas and your content needs to fit guidelines, does it not?

Not really

You need a permit to protest on public property but not to protest in general

But hey let's make a mandatory syllabus for all citizens that they must complete with a 100% average then they can pay for and get a permit for every one of their guaranteed rights.

We could balance the budget on the backs of people who want their rights and liberties

Good idea huh. Comrade?
No, bad idea. Thanks for playing though

But I was being facetious

I guess I need a sarcasm sign when dealing with you

giphy.gif

Sure then we can apply that to every right and require people pay licensing fees too

We do apply regulations to other rights when it has potential impacts on the general public. You need a permit to protest, right?. You need permission to advertise in certain areas and your content needs to fit guidelines, does it not?

Not really

But hey let's make a mandatory syllabus for all citizens that they must complete with a 100% average then they can pay for and get a permit for every one of their guaranteed rights.

We could balance the budget on the backs of people who want their rights and liberties

Good idea huh. Comrade?

But making people get permits and licenses for their rights is OK if it's only gun rights ?

WHat's good for one right is good for all

Our law makers and Supreme Court disagrees.

And the fact that you think it constitutionally illegal to restrict stores from selling an uzi to a 12 year old is just laughable. You aren’t going to win that argument.

I never made that argument. A 12 year old is a minor. Try again. Do you realize that the United States Supreme Court disagrees with my position because they ILLEGALLY stole your Rights? Check this out:

Stolen Rights

Read that an YOU would disagree with the high Court.
Where in the constitution does it say what age a minor is or for that matter where does it say that the god given inalienable right of owning a firearm may be infringed on 12 year olds?
Like I said if you think having an age of majority is unconstitutional then take it up with the courts

No one here thinks it's a big deal
I dont think that. I’m using that argument against those who keep calling gun legislation unconstitutional.

The age of majority is not gun legislation because it applies to almost everything.
What makes it apply to almost everything? The constitution? Where?

How do you know laws won’t and haven’t stopped any shootings? How many straw buyers have been busted. How many people with illegal firearms have been arrested and had the guns confiscated? How do you know that they wouldn’t have killed with those weapons had they not been arrested? Without laws and regulations those people would all still be on the streets locked and loaded.

How do you bust a straw buyer if he can legally pass any and all background checks?
There is one being arrested right now for the Dayton shooting. Straw buyers get busted all the time.

The obviously don't since it keeps happening
Just because events still occur doesn’t mean other occurrences aren’t being prevented. #uselogic

To what degree are they prevented

If 1 out of 1000 get caught that isn't prevention
Whatever you say

That would be excellent. I’d much rather face a guy with a box cutter over a gun. Wouldn’t you?

If a guy came at me with a box cutter i;d rather have a gun because I don't want any fight for my safety to be even. In fact I want it to be so lopsided that the person who would want to threaten me would be an idiot to want to try
That’s great, you should have Gun of you are responsible citizen trying to defend yourself. I’d rather the crazy dude have a box cutter rather than a gun. Wouldn’t you?

As long as stopping him from getting a gun doesn't violate his or my rights I have no problem with it

In fact we already have a procedure for deeming people mentally ill
Do you agree with the legality and effectiveness of our current system of deeming people mentally ill and keeping them from buying guns?

I have no reason to disagree with it.

Every citizen has a right to due process of the law.
Well there are many hard asses out there that complain about all gun laws being unconstitutional. If you’re not in that camp then great. We agree

Not really

Good idea huh. Comrade?

But making people get permits and licenses for their rights is OK if it's only gun rights ?

You need to register to vote, do you not? You need an ID to register. You have regulations in speech depending on how and where you use it, right? Each of our “rights” is both protected and regulated as to protect the rights of others. That’s how it works.

Remember that next time you use the “laws won’t stop all mass shootings” argument. Nobody is claiming anything will solve the problem in full but if it stops some, even one, then it’s worth exploring.

Interesting stance. Because when we talk about the illegals that kill Americans, the left tells us they pale in comparison to Americans killing each other. So I think we should throw every illegal out of this country, because as you said, even if it stops some of the killing, even one, it's worth exploring.

Remember that next time you use the “laws won’t stop all mass shootings” argument. Nobody is claiming anything will solve the problem in full but if it stops some, even one, then it’s worth exploring.

Interesting stance. Because when we talk about the illegals that kill Americans, the left tells us they pale in comparison to Americans killing each other. So I think we should throw every illegal out of this country, because as you said, even if it stops some of the killing, even one, it's worth exploring.
It totally is worth exploring. And killing is a problem that should be address. Illegal and legal. Being here illegally is also a problem that should be addressed

Take awat the RA guns altogether. If we as a nation need them becuase another nation is assaulting ur, we can change the laws.

As for regular guns,No one under the age of 21 should have one and they need to go through extensive background checks.

A buy back law should be enforced and anyone found with an outlawed gun should see jail time.

you forget what happened to all of our cars when we were forced to get licenses!

every car was confiscated!

and then when they forced us to get wedding licenses our brides were all rounded up and taken away!

same thing will happen with guns!
Then tell me what is the purpose of registering a car.

If you don't know I'll tell you

You have to register a car primarily so the state can tax you.

Since there is no legal way to put an excise tax on guns what is the purpose of registering them?
Let’s keep going... Why are licenses given for cars?
They are not. Anyone can own a car.

The license is to operate the car on public roads, which is not a right.

But, if the aim is to make sure we have people trained to safely use arms, we can accomplish that goal without the need for licensing.

I, and many like me, SUPPORT education in the safe and effective use of arms. Why wouldn't we?

You should support gun safety, we all should. How do you support it and promote more people to partake?

Anyone who wants to learn gun safety can take some of excellent courses offered by the NRA

MAybe we should force everyone to take gun safety courses

"Anyone who wants to learn gun safety can take some of excellent courses offered by the NRA"

The NRA might not be willing to give courses to liberals.
Mason gun instructor wants no liberals, Muslims - San Antonio ...

https://www.mysanantonio.com/.../Mason-gun-instructor-wants-no-liberals-...

Oct 29, 2011 - Mason gun instructor wants no liberals, Muslims ... Keller's table at the Texas Gun and Knife Show at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds: ... His refusal to teach certain people, he says, fits in with his interpretation ... San Antonio Morphe fans hoping Jeffree Star will be at new North Star Mall store this weekend.

And personally I don't trust them and do NOT want to give them my money.

I would prefer a more official person; military or police.

"MAybe we should force everyone to take gun safety courses"

Perhaps we should force people to stop forcing people to do stuff.

Let people decide for themselves.

I never made that argument. A 12 year old is a minor. Try again. Do you realize that the United States Supreme Court disagrees with my position because they ILLEGALLY stole your Rights? Check this out:

Stolen Rights

Read that an YOU would disagree with the high Court.
Where in the constitution does it say what age a minor is or for that matter where does it say that the god given inalienable right of owning a firearm may be infringed on 12 year olds?
Like I said if you think having an age of majority is unconstitutional then take it up with the courts

No one here thinks it's a big deal
I dont think that. I’m using that argument against those who keep calling gun legislation unconstitutional.

The age of majority is not gun legislation because it applies to almost everything.
What makes it apply to almost everything? The constitution? Where?

it applies to voting and participating in the government and society in general as an individual and not a dependent of another

So I'm not going to waste my time arguing about this any more

How do you bust a straw buyer if he can legally pass any and all background checks?
There is one being arrested right now for the Dayton shooting. Straw buyers get busted all the time.

Just because events still occur doesn’t mean other occurrences aren’t being prevented. #uselogic

Whatever you say

So you think getting one out of 1000 is preventing crime in general?

Are you high?

Not really

Good idea huh. Comrade?

You need to register to vote, do you not? You need an ID to register. You have regulations in speech depending on how and where you use it, right? Each of our “rights” is both protected and regulated as to protect the rights of others. That’s how it works.

All you need to do is prove you are 18 nd that you are a resident of the town

There is no permit . no class, no fee

Whatever you say

So you think getting one out of 1000 is preventing crime in general?

Are you high?
I dont even know what that means. Seems like a pointless debate. But if 1 life is saved out of a 1000 then I think that’s a pretty great thing.

Not really

Good idea huh. Comrade?

All you need to do is prove you are 18 nd that you are a resident of the town

There is no permit . no class, no fee
What is it called when you prove your age and residency? “Registration” how do most people do it? With a license or passport

Come on man, you’re trying too hard

Take awat the RA guns altogether. If we as a nation need them becuase another nation is assaulting ur, we can change the laws.

As for regular guns,No one under the age of 21 should have one and they need to go through extensive background checks.

A buy back law should be enforced and anyone found with an outlawed gun should see jail time.

Since gun ownership is a right, would it be okay we we did extensive background checks on voters too?

It totally is worth exploring. And killing is a problem that should be address. Illegal and legal. Being here illegally is also a problem that should be addressed

So I guess you will be joining us MAGA people in support of Donald Trump for reelection I suppose, because he's the only one that is seriously addressing the illegal problem.

The difference between a citizen killing another citizen and an illegal killing an American citizen is that we can't stop the citizen from committing murder. We can stop the illegal by making sure they don't get into the country and support kicking the ones out that are already here.

Since gun ownership is a right, would it be okay we we did extensive background checks on voters too?

Arguably, a vote is more dangerous.

Forum List

Back