Gun Control Is NOT The Answer!

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I already know that a lot of liberals on here are going to disagree with me about this with the recent shootings,.. but what is taking away everybody's weapons going to solve? That's only going to cause war and chaos with everybody (rightfully) being upset with their constitutional rights being taken away, and especially now with the wide open border they're only going to find ways to smuggle weapons into the country illegally just like they have done time and time again with drugs, so I honestly don't see the point of trying to take them away.

I already know that a lot of liberals on here are going to disagree with me about this with the recent shootings,.. but what is taking away everybody's weapons going to solve? That's only going to cause war and chaos with everybody (rightfully) being upset with their constitutional rights being taken away, and especially now with the wide open border they're only going to find ways to smuggle weapons into the country illegally just like they have done time and time again with drugs, so I honestly don't see the point of trying to take them away.
How easy is it for a Texan to buy a firearm, take it to Mexico and sell it for a profit?

Taking away the need so many Americans feel for having a military-like weapon and dressing up in military like costumes, is the key.

That's the logical way to address your point, because no other method can ever succeed.

And so you're raised a relevant point, but can you take it to the next level?

My dear, I just learned today that my new home state is one that has solved the problem of school shootings -- our teachers and school staff are free to carry concealed on campus.

Now, in the conversations I have had with locals since moving here, I have learned that there is a great possibility that every house in my town has at least one gun. Pretty sweet. That makes me assume that a LOT of the faculty at our school -- yes, we have one campus for grammar, middle and high school -- are armed on the job.

Safe children. I like it.

My dear, I just learned today that my new home state is one that has solved the problem of school shootings -- our teachers and school staff are free to carry concealed on campus.

Now, in the conversations I have had with locals since moving here, I have learned that there is a great possibility that every house in my town has at least one gun. Pretty sweet. That makes me assume that a LOT of the faculty at our school -- yes, we have one campus for grammar, middle and high school -- are armed on the job.

Safe children. I like it.

Well Ohio will soon be allowed to open carry, so hopefully that will apply to teachers as well.

Taking away the need so many Americans feel for having a military-like weapon and dressing up in military like costumes, is the key.

That's the logical way to address your point, because no other method can ever succeed.

And so you're raised a relevant point, but can you take it to the next level?
As usual, the butchers have no answer other than ban non military guns and clothing! Demented!

As usual, the butchers have no answer other than ban non military guns and clothing! Demented!
Nobody can ban the close copies of the military weapons or the peeudo-military clothing.

The point you have to pretend to not understand is that the perceived need for the weapon and the clothing is the problem being flaunted in broad daylight.

We all were 18 at some time but we didn't act out on our feelings on the need to kill. Or if we did then we killed animals or in some cases even just songbirds.

America's murdering of children is related to the 'culture' of wars and killing in foreign lands. America's war with Russia is denying the outlet for those who have to kill the real thing. School children have to do for those killers.

Nobody can ban the close copies of the military weapons or the peeudo-military clothing.

The point you have to pretend to not understand is that the perceived need for the weapon and the clothing is the problem being flaunted in broad daylight.

We all were 18 at some time but we didn't act out on our feelings on the need to kill. Or if we did then we killed animals or in some cases even just songbirds.

America's murdering of children is related to the 'culture' of wars and killing in foreign lands. America's war with Russia is denying the outlet for those who have to kill the real thing. School children have to do for those killers.
Lol, projection and babbling! Get rid of them pants!

And so we can conclude with understanding that killing is human nature, but in America's case the behaviour is exacerbated by the 'culture' of continuous wars for decades since WW2 ended.

The anti-gun and the pro-gun advocates can chase their tails around in circles until the rest of the chickens come home, but nothing will be accomplished until the denial is set aside.

And so we can conclude with understanding that killing is human nature, but in America's case the behaviour is exacerbated by the 'culture' of continuous wars for decades since WW2 ended.

The anti-gun and the pro-gun advocates can chase their tails around in circles until the rest of the chickens come home, but nothing will be accomplished until the denial is set aside.
Man these butchers lie continually.

Correct!
But you're misrepresenting the argument, here. Those who cry for "taking away everyone's weapons" are in the minority, and have very little political power or chance of success. The majority of calls right now are for HB8, or age limits, or increasing other conditions or qualifications on who can buy which firearms.

Justice Scalia, in his Heller decision, noted that:
"Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."
and
[N]othing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

As ideas go, you have to admit, it's not completely bonkers.

Correct!
But you're misrepresenting the argument, here. Those who cry for "taking away everyone's weapons" are in the minority, and have very little political power or chance of success. The majority of calls right now are for HB8, or age limits, or increasing other conditions or qualifications on who can buy which firearms.

Justice Scalia, in his Heller decision, noted that:

and

As ideas go, you have to admit, it's not completely bonkers.
Start rounding them up then.

Government control is never the answer

Well Ohio will soon be allowed to open carry, so hopefully that will apply to teachers as well.

Hold on, this law might be for concealed purposes only, not too sure, but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
Start rounding them up then.
Good heavens, no. Even if Congress voted 535-0 against gun ownership tomorrow, the last thing I'd want is door-to-door collection squads.

To be clear, it is increasing conditions or qualifications to buy firearms that is a non-bonkers idea. Collecting them by legislative fiat would be absolute bonkerness on several levels.

Good heavens, no. Even if Congress voted 535-0 against gun ownership tomorrow, the last thing I'd want is door-to-door collection squads.

To be clear, it is increasing conditions or qualifications to buy firearms that is a non-bonkers idea. Collecting them by legislative fiat would be absolute bonkerness on several levels.
Figures, most lefties are spineless.

Forum List

Back