Gun Control Compromise

Registration is the frst step to confiscation. How it happened in other countries. Never negotiate.

You're right. I registered my car at the DMV and the next day.......damn tow truck was taking it away!
Havent seen them trying to ban trucks yet. When they do get back to me.

We are aware of your goals, and you can stick them where the sun doesnt shine.

Registration is the frst step to confiscation. How it happened in other countries. Never negotiate.

You're right. I registered my car at the DMV and the next day.......damn tow truck was taking it away!

And when serious gun legislation is proposed that "bans guns" you let me know.

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?

Nope.....Universal Background checks do nothing to stop criminals or mass shooters from getting guns. The anti gunners know this, and the only reason they want UBCs is to come back later...when criminals and mass shooters are still getting guns....and demand universal gun registration...

They don't care about the background checks...if they did they would actually keep gun criminals locked up when they catch them...what they want are the lists of gun owners...so they know where the guns are when they get the power to confiscate them.

Lib wanker states are banning ammo trying to back door banning guns. Oregon has a bill now to lower max ammo to 5 rounds Moron. Google it. You Wanker. Lol

They are doing this at the state and local level you ding bat. Oregon is now pushing a 5 bullet limit on magazines...essentially a back door gun ban for all semi automatic weapons in use today, and most revolvers.......they want it to pass, get the 9th circuit to approve it, and then have other states follow the example....

Fuck that.

UBC for zero restrictions on all firearms.

If you can pass a UBC, you're safe with a machine gun, right?'

I'd be fine with that too. The point I'm making is that none of our existing laws were "compromises". They are one-sided restrictions.

Yes, so the compromise would be that it's THEIR turn to give something up, not us giving anything else.

Exactly.

That means I'm not conceding universal background checks, just FYI.

Understood. But I think you know as well as I do that the left won't volunteer a goddamn thing unless they think they're getting something they want.

They won't give anything even if they get something.....they will come back and ban whatever they want as soon as they get the power......don't make it any easier for them

I'd be fine with that too. The point I'm making is that none of our existing laws were "compromises". They are one-sided restrictions.

^^^^^This. OK, I'll compromise. Repeal NFA 1934, GCA 1968, the 1986 full auto ban, and every state, and city law that restricts the Second Amendment, then they can have UBC's which is really just thinly veiled REGISTRATION.

I think we need full registration.

Do you realize that actual felons do not have to register their illegal guns? Under the Haynes v United States ruling, felons caught with illegal guns cannot be charged for not registering their guns, because registering their guns would impinge on their 5th Amendment freedom against self incrimination...

So...only normal, law abiding gun owners will suffer any penalty for not registering their legal guns...Does that make any sense to you?

And please...explain the magic to registering guns....what is it about registering guns that is supposed to accomplish what, exactly?

Do you also realize that it failed in Canada...that they tried to simply register their 15 million long guns and it cost so much in terms of money, manpower and wasted time that they ended the program? Do you understand that?

^^^^^This. OK, I'll compromise. Repeal NFA 1934, GCA 1968, the 1986 full auto ban, and every state, and city law that restricts the Second Amendment, then they can have UBC's which is really just thinly veiled REGISTRATION.

I think we need full registration.

Nope. You're never getting that. And as evidenced by various registration & banning attempts in the Northeast, even if you did manage to pass legislation requiring registration virtually nobody would comply.

They don't need you to comply, in fact, they don't want you to..... they want to be able to scoop you up whenever you interact with the police...you will essentially be a criminal in waiting for the next traffic stop or police visit for the noisy neighbor.....and once they realize you have a gun that isn't registered, you will now be a felon.....and they will crush you, they will take your home, your job, lock you up, and make sure you can't hold a regular job again..... all for not filling out a piece of paper....

They are doing this at the state and local level you ding bat. Oregon is now pushing a 5 bullet limit on magazines...essentially a back door gun ban for all semi automatic weapons in use today, and most revolvers.......they want it to pass, get the 9th circuit to approve it, and then have other states follow the example....
Ralph Northam of Virginia, is now in the process of banning(Confiscating) AR-15 like rifles and other Assault Weapon look alike that have over 10 rounds. Most of Virginia, other than the shithole northern part of it close to DC, is rural. You can bet many of the farmers, hunters, and sportsmen are going to take Ralphie to task for this bullshit the Dimwitocrat is trying to pull. Thank God I left that lunatic state last May, I saw the writing on the wall when they voted the first Man with Boobs into Congress.

Virginia Governor's Gun-Confiscation Proposal Could Affect Millions of Residents
While short on details, Northam's announcement said part of the proposed gun-control package would ban the "sale, purchase, possession, and transport" of undefined "assault firearms" including "any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition." Since the vast majority of semiautomatic handguns and rifles in the state are sold standard with magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds, it appears the proposed ban would affect most firearms on sale in Virginia. Additionally, the announcement of the ban did not include mention of any grandfathering to allow what NSSF estimated would be millions of Virginians who already own such firearms to legally keep them.

when-seconds-count-the-police-are-only-minutes-away-n.jpg

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?

That is not a functional proposal, as it would entail a conflict of state versus federal power. Congress can (theoretically) implement universal background checks. However, Congress does not have the power to mandate permit reciprocity, as licensing is a power reserved to the states.

I do not want to compromise one iota on a right guaranteed to me in the Bill of Rights.

"Shall not be infringed" means exactly what it says. Not much wriggle room there.

Deal?

I don't know about a compromise, but a wager would be more interesting.

We will implement any laws they believe will stop mass shootings for three years. If within that time there is another mass shooting, Democrats will not only agree to remove their new regulations, but also agree to never bring up gun control again. If no mass shootings in three years, they get to keep their laws forever.

Here is my counter offer.....

-- for the 20,000 laws we currently have, we get universal concealed carry, an end to all attacks on semi automatic weapons, including rifles, pistols and shotguns....and an end to all magazine bans.

There...that should be a good start....

The problem is criminals, and mass shooters, who are also criminals will GET GUNS no matter what laws are passed. They don't have to go through background checks, nor pay attention to what type of gun is legal anymore. They will always get them, and use them illegally. That is just what criminals do.

Deal?

I would disagree, because I don't believe that any level of government has the legitimate authority to demand that you have any kind of permit to legitimately exercise an explicitly-enumerated Constitutional right.

UBC for no restrictions at all on anyone who is cleared by a UBC. And I would like to know what the disqualifiers would be in advance and have a limiting clause so they can't add new disqualifiers after the fact.

We're still left with a burden on law-abiding citizens, to prove that they meet some arbitrary qualification, before they are allowed to exercise an essential Constitutional right. This is not acceptable.

The burden needs to be on government, if it wishes to deny such a right to any individual, to prove, through due process of law, that there is something extraordinary about that individual that makes it necessary to prevent that individual from exercising that right. The government needs to prove that the denial of a right is necessary and justifiable, in each individual case where it seeks to deny that right. Anything else is unconstitutional.

Deal?
This is a lie – as ignorant as it is wrong.

There has been no ‘chipping away’ of Second Amendment rights, ‘one sided’ or otherwise.

Indeed, it was a Republican-appointed, conservative Supreme Court majority that reaffirmed the fact that the Second Amendment right is not unlimited and subject to regulation and restrictions by government.

And the courts have determined that current firearm regulatory measures are perfectly consistent with the Second Amendment, in no manner ‘chipping away’ at that right.

The problem is criminals, and mass shooters, who are also criminals will GET GUNS no matter what laws are passed. They don't have to go through background checks, nor pay attention to what type of gun is legal anymore. They will always get them, and use them illegally. That is just what criminals do.

That's what lower-level criminals do. Higher-level criminals run for public office, and then once in office, try to get laws enacted that violate the Constitution, and strip citizens of their essential rights.

See also: Timothy Sullivan

Last edited:

Forum List

Back