Gun Control Compromise

I'd be fine with that too. The point I'm making is that none of our existing laws were "compromises". They are one-sided restrictions.

Yes, so the compromise would be that it's THEIR turn to give something up, not us giving anything else.

Exactly.

That means I'm not conceding universal background checks, just FYI.

Understood. But I think you know as well as I do that the left won't volunteer a goddamn thing unless they think they're getting something they want.

I think you know as well as I do that the left won't volunteer a damned thing AT ALL.

Probably, so we will remain stalemated. But I'm done with giving away something for nothing.

I'd be fine with that too. The point I'm making is that none of our existing laws were "compromises". They are one-sided restrictions.

^^^^^This. OK, I'll compromise. Repeal NFA 1934, GCA 1968, the 1986 full auto ban, and every state, and city law that restricts the Second Amendment, then they can have UBC's which is really just thinly veiled REGISTRATION.

which is really just thinly veiled REGISTRATION.

I wouldn't concede to that. What I would propose is a watered down, civilian version of NICS, where private sellers could run the ID's or SS#'s of a prospective buyer to check whether they are a felon/prohibited from owning a gun or not. That's it. No recording of anything that identifies a firearm or it's transfer.

The bonus to this is that it could be used by all kinds of people for a variety of things - IE employers who want to verify if an applicant is a felon or not. This further dilutes the possibility of any particular gun owner being tracked by government.

Conceal carry in any state or municipality?

Correct.
It has to be more than just that.

UBC for no restrictions at all on anyone who is cleared by a UBC. And I would like to know what the disqualifiers would be in advance and have a limiting clause so they can't add new disqualifiers after the fact.

A discussion to be had, for sure. I just laid out something relatively simple.

No, I get it. The problem with discussing and laying out any compromise is that it contains the premise of us giving something to get something. We've already done that, many times, and gotten nothing except for more demands and vilification.

You've given up nothing. Your statement is laughable.

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?
Fuck that.

UBC for zero restrictions on all firearms.

If you can pass a UBC, you're safe with a machine gun, right?'

Yes, so the compromise would be that it's THEIR turn to give something up, not us giving anything else.

"Us"?

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?

Deal. That was easy.

^^^^^This. OK, I'll compromise. Repeal NFA 1934, GCA 1968, the 1986 full auto ban, and every state, and city law that restricts the Second Amendment, then they can have UBC's which is really just thinly veiled REGISTRATION.

I think we need full registration.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?

Deal. That was easy.

Great. Now tell your legislators.

Deal?
Never compromise on the 2 nd Amendment.

Nope. You're never getting that. And as evidenced by various registration & banning attempts in the Northeast, even if you did manage to pass legislation requiring registration virtually nobody would comply.

Deal?
Never compromise on the 2 nd Amendment.

Oh we both know the left would never actually DO this.
This thread is more of a thought project.

Registration is the frst step to confiscation. How it happened in other countries. Never negotiate.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?
Fuck that.

UBC for zero restrictions on all firearms.

If you can pass a UBC, you're safe with a machine gun, right?'

That is how the term "compromise" is used in american society, yes.
so the left is not a part of our american society. got it.

Registration is the frst step to confiscation. How it happened in other countries. Never negotiate.

You mean like how the gummint confiscated everybody's cars?

Oh wait.

Ah well it's only been 116 years. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Any day now.
hair-fire.gif

Deal?
ever hear about the equal protections clause?

Equal Protection Clause
The Equal Protection Clause is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The clause, which took effect in 1868, provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws".
Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause

So you have the federal government which states that homosexual marriage certificates(state given) have to be recognized by other states. If this is true then any concealed carry permit(state given) must be recognized by other states.

Oh wait.

Ah well it's only been 116 years. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Any day now.
hair-fire.gif

They don't have to confiscate them when they can dictate how/when/and if you are allowed to used them at will. They also make for fantastic revenue generators through their various taxes and compliance requirements. But go on, make some more dumb ass comparisons.

Oh wait.

hair-fire.gif

They don't have to confiscate them when they can dictate how/when/and if you are allowed to used them at will. They also make for fantastic revenue generators through their various taxes and compliance requirements. But go on, make some more dumb ass comparisons.

So much butthurt from a simple thud tackle.

The poster opined that "registration is the first step to confiscation". It's sitting right there above even now. And I threw it to the ground wid a quickness. Deal with it.

Nope. You're never getting that. And as evidenced by various registration & banning attempts in the Northeast, even if you did manage to pass legislation requiring registration virtually nobody would comply.

Then they would be in violation and would lost the right to possess firearms. Pretty simple really.

Forum List

Back