Gun Control Compromise

Conceal carry in any state or municipality?

Correct.
It has to be more than just that.

UBC for no restrictions at all on anyone who is cleared by a UBC. And I would like to know what the disqualifiers would be in advance and have a limiting clause so they can't add new disqualifiers after the fact.

A discussion to be had, for sure. I just laid out something relatively simple.
No, you attempted to propagate a ridiculous lie.

Again: there has been no ‘chipping away’ at Second Amendment rights.

The evolution of Second Amendment jurisprudence has in no manner been ‘one-sided.’

Current firearm regulatory measures are perfectly Constitutional and consistent with the Second Amendment – their constitutionality determined solely by the Supreme Court.

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?

No. We have enough gun-toting nuts in our state, we don't need to import them from other states where they don[t bother to actually check if you are a crazy person or not.

[

And when serious gun legislation is proposed that "bans guns" you let me know.

They are serious about it in Colorado Springs. They banned all semi autos. Commie California has banned all kinds of firearms. They are doing it in Washington State. It took the Supreme Court to stop the banning in DC and Chicago. Any place the asshole Democrats have the authority they have imposed significant restrictions on the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms and that is despicable.

The filthy Left would do it in a New York minute any place if they thought they could get away with it.

Fuck that.

UBC for zero restrictions on all firearms.

If you can pass a UBC, you're safe with a machine gun, right?'

I'd be fine with that too. The point I'm making is that none of our existing laws were "compromises". They are one-sided restrictions.

Yes, so the compromise would be that it's THEIR turn to give something up, not us giving anything else.

Exactly.

That means I'm not conceding universal background checks, just FYI.

Understood. But I think you know as well as I do that the left won't volunteer a goddamn thing unless they think they're getting something they want.
This is as ignorant as it is idiotic and wrong.

Constitutional case law isn’t determined by anyone ‘volunteering’ anything – that’s a naïve, childish, and wrongheaded perception of how the law works.

Lawmaking entities enact firearm regulatory measures; those who oppose those measures may seek to have the laws repealed or are at liberty to challenge the laws in court.

Laws upheld by the courts are determined to be Constitutional and may continue to be enforced – where those who support a measure which has been upheld as Constitutional are not required to ‘give up’ or ‘volunteer’ anything for the continued enforcement of the measure.

If you want concealed carry reciprocity, then advocate for the enactment of such a measure absent whining about ‘liberals’ and lying about their position and intent.

Registration is the frst step to confiscation. How it happened in other countries. Never negotiate.
And another rightwing ignoramus chimes in with ridiculous lies and a slippery slope fallacy.

Background checks in no manner require ‘registration.’

In jurisdictions with registration no firearms have been ‘confiscated.’

UBC for no restrictions at all on anyone who is cleared by a UBC. And I would like to know what the disqualifiers would be in advance and have a limiting clause so they can't add new disqualifiers after the fact.

We're still left with a burden on law-abiding citizens, to prove that they meet some arbitrary qualification, before they are allowed to exercise an essential Constitutional right. This is not acceptable.

The burden needs to be on government, if it wishes to deny such a right to any individual, to prove, through due process of law, that there is something extraordinary about that individual that makes it necessary to prevent that individual from exercising that right. The government needs to prove that the denial of a right is necessary and justifiable, in each individual case where it seeks to deny that right. Anything else is unconstitutional.

Well maybe they're is a trade there as well.

We will let them ask questions to qualify owning a gun, and we get to have a short test before people can vote. Nothing too hard, just questions like who is the VP, what party are they from, who is the Speaker of the House, who has the majority in the Senate, just simple things like that.

If you can't pass the test, you can't vote. Good bye Democrat leadership forever.

Correct.

The evolution of Second Amendment jurisprudence has in no manner been ‘one-sided.’

Current firearm regulatory measures are perfectly Constitutional and consistent with the Second Amendment – their constitutionality determined solely by the Supreme Court.
Baloney ........your side can't win against the Constitution so you are trying to do it through the back door..........Ammunition..........making laws that will basically do the same thing..........Like the Wankers in Oregon are trying to pass now.....Limits to 5 rounds...............Blow me.

Registration is the frst step to confiscation. How it happened in other countries. Never negotiate.
And another rightwing ignoramus chimes in with ridiculous lies and a slippery slope fallacy.

Background checks in no manner require ‘registration.’

In jurisdictions with registration no firearms have been ‘confiscated.’
You want registration...........then when you get temporary power you will try to do what left tard States are doing now...........Backdoor the LEGAL GUN OWNERS of this country..........Criminals aren't going to give up their guns............

Leftist BS in places like Canada have already done this...........We will not accept it here...............

Leave it alone............the ending will not be nice.

This is as ignorant as it is idiotic and wrong.

Constitutional case law isn’t determined by anyone ‘volunteering’ anything – that’s a naïve, childish, and wrongheaded perception of how the law works.

Lawmaking entities enact firearm regulatory measures; those who oppose those measures may seek to have the laws repealed or are at liberty to challenge the laws in court.

Laws upheld by the courts are determined to be Constitutional and may continue to be enforced – where those who support a measure which has been upheld as Constitutional are not required to ‘give up’ or ‘volunteer’ anything for the continued enforcement of the measure.

If you want concealed carry reciprocity, then advocate for the enactment of such a measure absent whining about ‘liberals’ and lying about their position and intent.

If it is Constitutional, then its over. Only an ignorant fool would suggest it can only remain Constitutional with restraints being placed upon it.

I see lefties frequently screech about how 2A supporters refuse to compromise. Well, that's because there's never BEEN a compromise, rather a one-sided chipping away of 2nd Amendment rights with nothing offered in return.

So here, I'll offer an actual compromise. You lefties want universal background checks? I can get behind that. But in exchange I want universal reciprocity on CCW permits.

Deal?
How about this: we get strong gun control, you kids can have your silly wall.

Deal?

That is not a functional proposal, as it would entail a conflict of state versus federal power. Congress can (theoretically) implement universal background checks. However, Congress does not have the power to mandate permit reciprocity, as licensing is a power reserved to the states.
Actually, Congress does have the authority to enact legislation authorizing state reciprocity with regard to concealed carry licenses and permits:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/38?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22concealed+carry+reciprocity+act%22%5D%7D

But you’re correct to note the hypocrisy of conservatives who claim to be ‘advocates’ of “states’ rights.”

Deal?
NO..............now walk out of the room and tomorrow I'll say you were having a tantrum...........LOL

Deal?
NO..............now walk out of the room and tomorrow I'll say you were having a tantrum...........LOL
Unlike tRump I don't have tantrums. I'm an adult.

Deal?

That is not a functional proposal, as it would entail a conflict of state versus federal power. Congress can (theoretically) implement universal background checks. However, Congress does not have the power to mandate permit reciprocity, as licensing is a power reserved to the states.

Oh, so NOW you lefties care about state rights?

Tell me then: if "licensing is a power reserved to the states" then why didn't you and your ilk respect that in regards to gay marriage?

Deal?

Tell me then: if "licensing is a power reserved to the states" then why didn't you and your ilk respect that in regards to gay marriage?

Although not the same thing, we can't forget why states now have seat belt laws and Blood Alcohol limits set by the feds. They threatened to cut highway funds to any state that didn't comply.

[Well maybe they're is a trade there as well.

We will let them ask questions to qualify owning a gun, and we get to have a short test before people can vote. Nothing too hard, just questions like who is the VP, what party are they from, who is the Speaker of the House, who has the majority in the Senate, just simple things like that.

If you can't pass the test, you can't vote. Good bye Democrat leadership forever.

You mean like the literacy tests that they used to use in parts of this country, to determine who could or couldn't vote?

No. Just no. You know that if any such tests are applied as you propose, they will end up being abused just as they were before.

Correct.

There hasn't?

Do explain then the states that have recently enacted laws in where legal age adults who have not been convicted of a felony or a DV are forbidden from buying firearms until they are 21.

Do explain then the states that have recently enacted "red flag" laws where mere hearsay can strip someone of their 2nd Amendment rights without due process?

And that's just in the past year or so.

Deal?

Because the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all citizens residing in the states the right to due process and equal protection of the law.

Unlike you and other ignorant rightists, liberals correctly understand that the states do indeed have rights – but the states do not have the authority to violate the rights and protected liberties of their residents; “states’ rights” do not ‘trump’ the rights of American citizens.

Deal?

Why don't you just tell us what gun control law you have hidden up your sleeve that magically stops criminals who don't give a flying fuck about laws to begin with?

Forum List

Back