Grover Norquist losing his grip

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
GOP lawmakers want out of tax pledge - TheHill.com

Grover Norquist’s grip on the House Republican Conference is loosening.

A growing number of GOP lawmakers have disavowed Norquist’s pledge against supporting tax increases in recent days, telling The Hill they no longer feel bound to uphold a document that they signed, in some cases, more than a decade ago.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:thanks:

A growing number of GOP lawmakers have disavowed Norquist’s pledge against supporting tax increases in recent days, telling The Hill they no longer feel bound to uphold a document that they signed, in some cases, more than a decade ago.

Would be nice if we could eventually drown his extremist organization in a bathtub.

Well, he's already lost his mind. Repubs are so crazy with the people they latch onto and hold up as leaders.

• Banned
I'm daring to dream.

Over at Fark, somebody made the point that yesterday's voting results may have been a wake-up call for the Republicans.

I'm daring to dream.

Over at Fark, somebody made the point that yesterday's voting results may have been a wake-up call for the Republicans.

Can't we call it a wake-up kick in the groin instead? I like that image better these days.

As his grip on reality has been long gone.

Perhaps there’s a chance House republicans will realize they have a responsibility to the Nation as a whole, not just to those who voted for them.

On Radio Moscow this evening I heard a similar line of reasoning by a GOP operative: republicans will need to have something to show after two years; right now they have nothing.

so someone who is irrelevant is remaining irrelevant.

Not really that amazing new.

What grip?

I can't understand your fascination with "international Jew" manipulators in the Republicans party. There are never actual principles, ideas, concepts. Only button pushers and wire pullers scuttling around behind the walls controlling the robot Republican masses.

Grover Norquist, Rush Limbuagh, the Brother Koch, ad nauseum. Conservatives never had an idea, only a puppet master. Oddly this concept is imbedded worst in the least reflective democrat posters. The fax bots accusing the rest of us of being fox bots.

What grip?

I can't understand your fascination with "international Jew" manipulators in the Republicans party. There are never actual principles, ideas, concepts. Only button pushers and wire pullers scuttling around behind the walls controlling the robot Republican masses.

Grover Norquist, Rush Limbuagh, the Brother Koch, ad nauseum. Conservatives never had an idea, only a puppet master. Oddly this concept is imbedded worst in the least reflective democrat posters. The fax bots accusing the rest of us of being fox bots.
Whew......

I'm guessin' you got dropped-on-your-head, a lot, as a child, right??

323.png

You lost your grip months ago, you meltdown asswipe assclown
Kinda hung-up on other peoples' posteriors, aren't ya'??

:eusa_whistle:

What It Means: An Oath Of, By, and For the 1 Percent

The GOP’s oath to Grover Norquist has serious practical consequences — consequences that are bad for our country. Here are just a few examples of what Republicans oppose en masse as a result of the oath they apparently hold most dear:
  • Republicans oppose making the wealthiest Americans pay their fair share
  • Republicans oppose making huge corporations pay their fair share (or even any taxes at all in some cases)
  • Republicans oppose ending unfair tax loopholes that allow millionaires and billionaires to pay a lower tax rate than middle class Americans
  • Republicans oppose ending unfair handouts to hedge fund billionaires
  • Republicans oppose ending tens of billions of dollars in handouts to Big Oil
  • Republicans oppose ending unfair tax loopholes that pay companies to ship jobs overseas
  • Republicans oppose ending unfair tax loopholes for vacation homes and yachts
  • Republicans oppose ending unfair and ridiculous tax loopholes for things like wealthy horse breeders or corporate jets

:eek:

Progress Reports - ThinkProgress

Last edited:

The Grover Controlled Party is exactly that. Norquist has bucks, RePugs love money.

While a few may bolt, by-in-large they love all that green they get.

Count on those that do not take his filthy lucre to be targeted by the Armey of Dick and Koch Suckers.

Forum List

Back