Grocery store

the card i swipe is a debit card...how can you tell the difference? i have never noticed anyone like this....but this is more evidence of how american's attitudes have changed....we should be fighting the government not each other....

Just Google for EBT images....I am not saying we don't need to feed the poor. I just saying I don't see many poor people using the system. The poor grunt that holds down a mid to low paying job & paying taxes still has to budget & worry about whether his family can afford dog food or porterhouse steak. The people with these cards seem to have no problem with prices. They get the best every time.

ebt is a ration of money not bottomless. it still requires some budgeting. some of the mid to low-paying jobholders you are referencing are on benefits. all americans benefit from the system, some, like the proprietors of the grocery stores, more directly than others.

I'm not sheltered. And I'm telling you you're bigoted and there's no way for you to know enough about a woman in a check out line to make all the sweeping assumptions you're making about people on welfare.

Yes, they have issues. I promise you, those issues are real and make their lives a living hell.

Does that make the working man's issues any less real. Does calling me a bigot make you feel better?

I am as far from being a bigot as one can be. You are blind, and you have judged me based on your biased view on a few posts. Hypocrit!!!

I'm judging you based on what you've said in this thread. I have a lot more to work with than you did when you decided to despise a woman based on what she bought at the store, without ever talking to her.

I'm not sheltered. And I'm telling you you're bigoted and there's no way for you to know enough about a woman in a check out line to make all the sweeping assumptions you're making about people on welfare.

Yes, they have issues. I promise you, those issues are real and make their lives a living hell.

Does that make the working man's issues any less real. Does calling me a bigot make you feel better?

I am as far from being a bigot as one can be. You are blind, and you have judged me based on your biased view on a few posts. Hypocrit!!!

I'm judging you based on what you've said in this thread. I have a lot more to work with than you did when you decided to despise a woman based on what she bought at the store, without ever talking to her.

You say I come across as being this or that, I say you come across as being a hypocrit. So we are getting nowhere

I do not despise "HER". I despise the system that is so easily defrauded, and abused. And I despise the attitude that says if I criticize something I am despising or hating on a person.

That's what you say now, that's not what you were saying at first.

And you can say I'm a hypocrite all you like. I'm not, and there's nothing in this thread that shows me as a hypocrite. Once again, you're just blindly attacking because you think that will make you feel better about your own life.

And you can say I'm a hypocrite all you like. I'm not, and there's nothing in this thread that shows me as a hypocrite. Once again, you're just blindly attacking because you think that will make you feel better about your own life.

My life is fine, I handle whatever comes my way.

You are the one who called me a bigot, because I made an observation.I called no one a name until you and a couple of others called me a hater.

You know nothing of me. I know what you do for a living, but you do not know what I do. Because I choose to keep my life my own, I expect no one to fix anything for me

You sound more like a republican and not a conservative. You are also self righteous and arrogant. You are probably the very first person I have actually had a full blown arguement with on this forum.

I think the issue is really about your job, not my non existent hatred.:rolleyes: I hate what people choose to do sometimes, I do not hate the people, I feel sorry for them. But I also have a heart for those who do all they can to better themselves and cannot get ahead for big government programs bleeding them dry. But they keep on keeping on. I admire those people

You say I come across as being this or that, I say you come across as being a hypocrit. So we are getting nowhere

I do not despise "HER". I despise the system that is so easily defrauded, and abused. And I despise the attitude that says if I criticize something I am despising or hating on a person.

Just look at PixieStix avatar. She is thin & about to blow away. So invite her over for a porterhouse steak & baked potato. I'm sure you will get along just fine.

My life is fine, I handle whatever comes my way.

You are the one who called me a bigot, because I made an observation.I called no one a name until you and a couple of others called me a hater.

You know nothing of me. I know what you do for a living, but you do not know what I do. Because I choose to keep my life my own, I expect no one to fix anything for me

You sound more like a republican and not a conservative. You are also self righteous and arrogant. You are probably the very first person I have actually had a full blown arguement with on this forum.

I think the issue is really about your job, not my non existent hatred.:rolleyes: I hate what people choose to do sometimes, I do not hate the people, I feel sorry for them. But I also have a heart for those who do all they can to better themselves and cannot get ahead for big government programs bleeding them dry. But they keep on keeping on. I admire those people

I'm self-righteous and arrogant?

Read your own posts.

And I am a conservative. I've always worked in human services.

I don't care if you keep your life private or not. My judgment of you in this thread is based upon what you have said in this thread. You're hateful and resentful. You don't want to be perceived that way, don't talk that way.

BTW, I'm not convinced you know what "hypocrite" means and I challenge you to show evidence that I'm hypocritical.

some of the mid to low-paying jobholders you are referencing are on benefits. all americans benefit from the system, some, like the proprietors of the grocery stores, more directly than others.

I do not benefit & that explains the rising cost of food. First earnings are taken from me & my food cost goes up. Farmers can't sell directly to the public any more & they can't take EBT cards. Farmers get the same low price for their livestock & crops, but the grocer keeps upping the margins because to the EBT customer price is no object. Like everything government gets into prices sky rockets. Looks like I need to open a grocery store.

Last edited:
some of the mid to low-paying jobholders you are referencing are on benefits. all americans benefit from the system, some, like the proprietors of the grocery stores, more directly than others.

I do not benefit & that explains the rising cost of food. Farmers get the same low price for their livestock & crops, but the grocer keeps upping the margins because to the EBT customer price is no object. Like everything government gets into prices sky rockets. Looks like I need to open a grocery store.

virtually any participant in the economy benefits. no escape. republican participants cant see how for lack of information and pronounced selfishness.

food is subsidized by the government so farmers can make out alright, often times a killing, and to cook the books on the CPI. derr, maybe you could go into farming, too.

first, open a grocery store and try your margin-upping generalization, rather than functioning in a competitive market like all the other grocers. report back.

I do not benefit & that explains the rising cost of food. Farmers get the same low price for their livestock & crops, but the grocer keeps upping the margins because to the EBT customer price is no object. Like everything government gets into prices sky rockets. Looks like I need to open a grocery store.

virtually any participant in the economy benefits. no escape. republican participants cant see how for lack of information and pronounced selfishness.

food is subsidized by the government so farmers can make out alright, often times a killing, and to cook the books on the CPI. derr, maybe you could go into farming, too.

first, open a grocery store and try your margin-upping generalization, rather than functioning in a competitive market like all the other grocers. report back.

You are a fucking idiot. There ain't no farmers making a killing farming. It is thankless hard back breaking work & most live below the poverty line. The corporations like Monsanto, Potash, ADM, & Cargill make big money.

But I see grocery stores like Glazier Foods Company own The NFL team Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You know grocery is big business. The farmer receives 5 cents from every $4 box of corn flakes sold at the grocery store. From that 5 cents the farmer must pay Monsanto, BASF, glyphosate producers, Potash, Exxon, & many others.

Wall street investors always flock to consumer food staples just before a recessions because of EBT food stamps. They know profit margins rise because the major increase in food stamps issued during recessions causes a huge increased profit margins. I never totally understood that until now. They buy up Safeway, Kellogg's, Kroger, General Mills, ConAgra, Tyson, Dole, Whole Foods, Kraft, & others.

Last edited:

You are a fucking idiot. There ain't no farmers making a killing farming. It is thankless hard back breaking work & most live below the poverty line. The corporations like Monsanto, Potash, ADM, & Cargill make big money.

But I see grocery stores like Glazier Foods Company own The NFL team Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You know grocery is big business. The farmer receives 5 cents from every $4 box of corn flakes sold at the grocery store. From that 5 cents the farmer must pay Monsanto, BASF, glyphosate producers, Potash, Exxon, & many others.

Wall street investors always flock to consumer food staples just before a recessions because of EBT food stamps. They know profit margins rise because the major increase in food stamps issued during recessions causes a huge increased profit margins. I never totally understood that until now. They buy up Safeway, Kellogg's, Kroger, General Mills, ConAgra, Tyson, Dole, Whole Foods, Kraft, & others.

youre a comedian.

there are multi-millionaire farmers who break their back golfing just as sure as there are sharecroppers to this day breaking their back in fields. there aint no...:rolleyes: get a clue.

...now youre getting the picture about how the entire economy benefits... although transitioning to consumer commodoties away from electronics luxuries and investment banks when the economy is sour has little to do with ebt, dork. we just live in a society where it is not necessary to starve, something which has far-reaching effects which you personally benefit from.

youre a comedian.

there are multi-millionaire farmers who break their back golfing just as sure as there are sharecroppers to this day breaking their back in fields. there aint no...:rolleyes: get a clue.

...now youre getting the picture about how the entire economy benefits... although transitioning to consumer commodoties away from electronics luxuries and investment banks when the economy is sour has little to do with ebt, dork. we just live in a society where it is not necessary to starve, something which has far-reaching effects which you personally benefit from.

There are millionaire farmers, we have some around here. Michelle Bachman's family are millionaire farmers. She collects farming subsidies too. (Welfare)

Don't think anybody is forgetting that little nugget.

Forum List

Back