Greetings from one who has been exiled from a nameless political forum

Greetings to all of you on the US Message Board! My name is Dave and am a resident of Davenport, IA. I was an active member of another political forum but was banned last month after 7 or so years of membership because I dared use the words "G-D" in my signature line to express a political statement about Obama. That apparently deeply offended a certain moderator who was also a former Marine and probably never heard that sort of language before. Anyway, after protesting a 30 day ban for this, my first offense, I was permanently banned. I'd like to go back and continue my relationship with my former political forum, but I don't think it's in the cards as I don't think this particular Moderator understands compassion and forgiveness.

Anyway, even though I had a run in with a Moderator elsewhere, it doesn't mean that I'm planning to do that here. I pretty much get along with everybody and respect rules and understand why we have them. I'm not a trouble-maker and don't plan on being one here either.

Politically, I am conservative and don't have much use for liberalism; but I do try to have respect for the individual regardless of his/her political affiliation as long as I am respected for mine as well. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's views and hope I learn a few things in the process.

Best regards,

Dave

Hope you're a quick draw...ya have to be, to survive this town.

Hope you're a quick draw...ya have to be, to survive this town.

Yeah but at least it's not death by mod, laughing as he slams the door

gasp.gif
WAIT, is del on vacation?

Last edited:
hmm no questioning the mods/admins decisions in public....i should have been clearer on that...

Oh good. I asked if a mod could answer a question in a thread a few days ago, and if you hadn't cleared that up, I expected to be permanently locked out any minute.

Meanwhile I'm wondering if I'm a legend in my previous haunts. Probably, but not in a good way. I looked at Hannity's board once, but I've never posted there. Or am I a Myth? Probably just a mirage.

Anyhow , welcome new member. Put new batteries in your bullshit detector and make sure your bulletproof vest is in good working order and you're good to go.

Greetings to all of you on the US Message Board! My name is Dave and am a resident of Davenport, IA. I was an active member of another political forum but was banned last month after 7 or so years of membership because I dared use the words "G-D" in my signature line to express a political statement about Obama. That apparently deeply offended a certain moderator who was also a former Marine and probably never heard that sort of language before. Anyway, after protesting a 30 day ban for this, my first offense, I was permanently banned. I'd like to go back and continue my relationship with my former political forum, but I don't think it's in the cards as I don't think this particular Moderator understands compassion and forgiveness.

Anyway, even though I had a run in with a Moderator elsewhere, it doesn't mean that I'm planning to do that here. I pretty much get along with everybody and respect rules and understand why we have them. I'm not a trouble-maker and don't plan on being one here either.

Politically, I am conservative and don't have much use for liberalism; but I do try to have respect for the individual regardless of his/her political affiliation as long as I am respected for mine as well. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's views and hope I learn a few things in the process.

Best regards,

Dave

Wow...seven years...many of us didn't last that long...welcome.

Unfairly banned from that other place? lol, I still hold the record for unfairest banning.

No, I know who hold the most unfair banning. It was not you. I will not mention the name. But he did nothing to deserve a ban, then when I called the fascists on it, they talked it over on the phone and the gals decided that I should be punished, so one of the male mods gave me a 2 week infraction, he was under pressure :rolleyes:

The place went downhill from there. It never stopped, BTW, that was in 2007

2007 was the turning point there, downhll-wise, and maybe some don't know it but that is when the main hands-on mod supervisor left and what's-her-name got more power.

And I was banned for NO good reason, so no one can top that. I was in fact banned for revenge over some semi-private matters. C'est la vie.
Summer 2006 was when it was inevitable that the boards would never be the same again.

Stealth Republic, anyone? I know a handful of you remember that...

I thought you were talking Political Forum, and then I see Hannity. After leaving ( on my own ) the site where I was a member for a few years, I checked out both PF and Hannity.
Hated them both.

:welcome:

Yes I have been banned from both. Hannity sucks and I will never listen to that cocksucker again for the way the little Hitler runs his site. As for PF, well I am on my last month of temp ban over there. This is my last ban and when I am reinstated I plan on blasting the retard mods over there to make it final.

Do any of you old Hannity members remember Skytrooper? Back when there was a ***** sub forum? He was a personal friend and passed away back in 2008. Thought some of you that might remember him and would like to know. He was in a car wreck. This was a man that fought for this country, had a couple purple hearts and came home to be killed in a damn car wreck.

Do any of you old Hannity members remember Skytrooper? Back when there was a ***** sub forum? He was a personal friend and passed away back in 2008. Thought some of you that might remember him and would like to know. He was in a car wreck. This was a man that fought for this country, had a couple purple hearts and came home to be killed in a damn car wreck.

That is awful. R.I.P.

OMG. :redface::( :cry: RIP, I remember that guy quite well.

I thought you were talking Political Forum, and then I see Hannity. After leaving ( on my own ) the site where I was a member for a few years, I checked out both PF and Hannity.
Hated them both.

:welcome:

Yes I have been banned from both. Hannity sucks and I will never listen to that cocksucker again for the way the little Hitler runs his site. As for PF, well I am on my last month of temp ban over there. This is my last ban and when I am reinstated I plan on blasting the retard mods over there to make it final.
meh, just dont go back

i remember him, he was a good man
RIP

Okay, let's not turn a 'welcome fellow traveler' thread into a Hannity hate on. mmkay? I understand many grievances, but... not here.

i wonder if the last person out will shut off the lights ;)

welcome
Thanks DiveCon. [Gives secret handshake.] I wonder how somebody can get over 100,000 posts in just a five years and have a sex life or a life for that matter?
By using the admin function to inflate their post count by at least 30,000, that's how.

I had no idea! I remember Skytrooper well.

How fucking awful. Wish someone had said something sooner....or if they did, I missed it.

*cry* *cry* *cry*

I had no idea! I remember Skytrooper well.

How fucking awful. Wish someone had said something sooner....or if they did, I missed it.

*cry* *cry* *cry*

Me and Sky go way back. I met him in Ft Benning back in the mid 80's. We both went on to serve in Italy and at Bragg together. We even had orders to go to RIP together but I broke my arm in training before school started. Then we both were assigned to the 2/325th before he became a Black Hat at Airborne School.

The last time I saw him he was riding his motorcycle with his huge grin he always wore. I was a pallbearer at his funeral. Over a 1000 people attended. Not only military brass and his buddies but it seems he had a few friends from his home town of Moncks Corner SC. Everyone that met the guy loved him. He was buried in his family plot by his mother and father.

His son graduated from Airborne School in 2007. I pinned his wings on in place of his father. It was a honor to be friends and know such a great man that not only loved and fought for his country but was one of the most caring and nicest guys you ever wanted to meet.

RIP Top

A fine tribute Soul. I didn't know him even on USMB, but you've made me like and respect him, and appreciate you for the good friend that you certainly were/are.

Forum List

Back