greenhouse gas measurements keep rising

whats w/ all the newkular industry fluffers? where you people going to bury the waste? Yucca Mtn? :lol: Your back yard?

whats w/ all the newkular industry fluffers? where you people going to bury the waste? Yucca Mtn? :lol: Your back yard?

No, intelligent people who have actually gone to college know you can reprocess the majority of the waste and reuse it. Only anti-science nincompoops want to bury it. It's amazing how far nuclear science has come in time we have been using it. And how difficult it has been to bring it to the people, thanks to ignorant twits, like you!

Whatever Westwall, but besides being a qualified software developer (C/C++), I also studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and even completed two years of electronic engineering. So, please spare me that line. I will respect your view despite disagreeing with it, and trust you will do me the same courtesy.

Whatever Westwall, but besides being a qualified software developer (C/C++), I also studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and even completed two years of electronic engineering. So, please spare me that line. I will respect your view despite disagreeing with it, and trust you will do me the same courtesy.

I don't believe I have ever responded to one of your posts mate!:lol:

I will watch this later. Looks like they had a crossfire debate w/ Nader: CNN Films: Pandora's Promise - CNN.com

Got an idea. Why dont you watch first . B4 Nader tells you what to think..:eek:

What do you think he should watch first? The link is to the debate between Nader and Schellenberger. Unless you're talking about some other video, your comment doesn't make sense.

BTW, still waiting to hear your explanation re time span vs accuracy.

I will watch this later. Looks like they had a crossfire debate w/ Nader: CNN Films: Pandora's Promise - CNN.com

What do you think he should watch first? The link is to the debate between Nader and Schellenberger. Unless you're talking about some other video, your comment doesn't make sense.

We dont need debates between political hacks. We need folks to see for themselves what radiation is and its hazards in proportion to the risks.. And why the fuck are you meddling in this if you have no idea what I asked the poster to watch..

If you were smart --- you wouldnt be encouraging me to rip you to shreds publically. You should be researching how incredibly stupid your comment about averaging was.. Prereq for me embarrassing you would be to answer my questions..

1. Have u ever taken a ststistics course?

2.. How many atheists would u have to test IQ ---- in order to validate your intellectuall
superiority theory? Would 10 be better than just 2 data points?

3. How stupid would you have to be to keep stalking me when I feel sorry enough for u not to press this issue..Iff u truly insist, I want to do this in the USMB bullring and have our peers vote on the winner. OK?

We dont need debates between political hacks. We need folks to see for themselves what radiation is and its hazards in proportion to the risks.. And why the fuck are you meddling in this if you have no idea what I asked the poster to watch..

If you were smart --- you wouldnt be encouraging me to rip you to shreds publically. You should be researching how incredibly stupid your comment about averaging was.. Prereq for me embarrassing you would be to answer my questions..
2.. How many atheists would u have to test IQ ---- in order to validate your intellectuall

3. How stupid would you have to be to keep stalking me when I feel sorry enough for u not to press this issue..Iff u truly insist, I want to do this in the USMB bullring and have our peers vote on the winner. OK?
If you're going to rip into people, do so w/o making common spelling errors. :redface:

As to the program, I decided not to watch it because Nader gave it the thumbs down :eusa_snooty: He's smarter than anyone on this board save CrusaderFrank.

Last edited:

If you're going to rip into people, do so w/o making common spelling errors. :redface:

As to the program, I decided not to watch it because Nader gave it the thumbs down :eusa_snooty: He's smarter than anyone on this board save CrusaderFrank.

Ok Dotty --- my excuse? Sometimes I'm on a tablet. It's a toy. NOT a StarFleet communications platform.. I throw up my hands and resign myself to the fact that trying to position cursors and cut/pasting and shifting keyboards --- is NOT the point of a USMB post.. I apologize.

Sure --- go with Nader.. But I'll stick with Franky.. As Crusaders go -- he's got more wins than Nader. :eusa_angel:

When YOU have a stalker itching for a beatdown on your ass --- I'll show the same compassion.. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm willing to put everything on the table EXCEPT going over 50% nuclear at this time.

Quite damn reasonable. Would make a huge dent in your imaginary CO2 crisis.

But realize that we've ignored the existing nuclear plants so long that to get to 50% safely, you'd have to retool or replace the 50 or so EXISTING plants over 60 years old just to get started.

If we could get our scientists to go all-in, like in the space race, on fusion reactors (like Matthew said) instead of developing more drones & bombs we'd get there quicker.

If we could get our scientists to go all-in, like in the space race, on fusion reactors (like Matthew said) instead of developing more drones & bombs we'd get there quicker.

Lots of ways to get there quicker. I'm a fan of "pre-certification".. Let the DOE test the top 4 new designs out in the Nevada test site and CERTIFY a couple winners. Test them to the limits, including stresses approaching breakage levels.. Many of the newer designs have no chance of "melt-down" by design. Because the fuel is modular and only enough to sustain the plant is ever in the reactor at one time.

Once those designs are certified --- allow them to proceed to be replicated with a lot less interference than before. Focus on the ACCURACY of the replication, not recertify every build.

I agree w/ flacaltenn, we need real simulations in the desert as opposed to computer models.
Computer simulations are good BUT they remind me of the HAL9000 series too much

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002900/quotes
I've just picked up a fault in the AE35 unit. It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours.

we don't want to put ourselves into the hands of a heuristic program w/ hidden directives.

I had to get that in :D

Last edited:

Cause this is a discussion board and you don't get to control who responds to the things you post.

If you were smart --- you wouldnt be encouraging me to rip you to shreds publically.

You've already classified me as "stupendously ignorant". So don't be surprised if I say something like "Yes, I want you to explain to all of us how measuring windspeed for ten minutes gives a more accurate result than measuring it for one minute". Cause I really do.

You should be researching how incredibly stupid your comment about averaging was..

I think I'm pretty well committed to my position. I think it's YOUR turn to start researching how you're going to answer my question instead of getting more and more creative with your attempts at decoy and distraction.

Prereq for me embarrassing you would be to answer my questions..

Like this. You keep adding more hurdles. I wonder why. You don't like me. You don't care for my well being. Do you actually expect us to believe that you're holding back because you don't want to embarass me?

1. Have u ever taken a ststistics course?

Two semesters. Aced both. And its spelled "statistics".

One. Me. I made no claims about atheists. For that matter, I made no claims about myself. This just seems to be your response to my attacking your religion.

Anywhere you like sweetheart.

Last edited:
Hope they get this thing fixed. In France too. CERN is in Switzerland.

ITER Fusion Reactor to Postpone Basic Physics Research | LiveScience
The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) is being built in southern France to test the so-called tokamak method in which deuterium and tritium, two hydrogen isotopes, are heated to millions of degrees to form hot plasma; magnetic fields are then used to confine the plasma and produce energy from fusion reactions.

Last edited:

Cause this is a discussion board and you don't get to control who responds to the things you post.

If you were smart --- you wouldnt be encouraging me to rip you to shreds publically.

You've already classified me as "stupendously ignorant". So don't be surprised if I say something like "Yes, I want you to explain to all of us how measuring windspeed for ten minutes gives a more accurate result than measuring it for one minute". Cause I really do.

I think I'm pretty well committed to my position. I think it's YOUR turn to start researching how you're going to answer my question instead of getting more and more creative with your attempts at decoy and distraction.

Like this. You keep adding more hurdles. I wonder why. You don't like me. You don't care for my well being. Do you actually expect us to believe that you're holding back because you don't want to embarass me?

Two semesters. Aced both. And its spelled "statistics".

One. Me. I made no claims about atheists. For that matter, I made no claims about myself. This just seems to be your response to my attacking your religion.

Anywhere you like sweetheart.

You lied about -----

What an UNTRUSTABLE ATHEIST SOB you are.... THIS is what you said..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...e-liberals-or-tea-partiers-3.html#post8013071

The smarter you are, the more educated you have become, the greater likelihood that you will not believe in the supernatural (ie, religion) and that you will be a political liberal.

It is a completely natural and unavoidable result of human's interface with reality. Strong
conservatism and a belief in god(s) requires a substandard intellect; one prone to profound errors.

Obviously, you're also lying about having studied ANY statistics or you wouldn't have made such an imbecilic statement as "longer times periods will HAVE NO EFFECT on the accuracy" [of finding an average value].

As for....
You don't like me. You don't care for my well being. Do you actually expect us to believe that you're holding back because you don't want to embarass me?

The answer is yes. You might not know it being as devoid of compassion as you seem to be --- but I'm still smarting from destroying a fellow poster a couple weeks ago.. He's AWOL to the forums now because I decided to disarm him of some science misconceptions he had. I actually liked him too. And I need to limit the beatdowns to one a month for the sake of my reputation.

As for you stupid statement and your insistence on debating it... THis is what you said in response to the discussion of AVERAGE or Sustained hurricane wind speeds (Not gust speeds or max speeds).

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/323191-philippine-catastrophe-10.html#post8123830

You don't even know the meaning of the word. The length of time over which the wind speed is averaged HAS NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on how accurate the measurement might be. It is simply a different measurement. We could average it over a day or a week or a month or a year.

That should be the topic of the challenge. Familiarize yourself with the operating rules of the Bullring here..

Make sure you select the option for judges and no time limit on the debate.
Also -- I want a days prep before we start, so I can end this in the first couple rounds.

And make sure you know --- this choice is SOLELY YOURS to make. I will not be stalking you on this as you have stalked and insisted on challenging me..

To make it worth my while, I might need some kind of stakes to motivate me to kick your butt... Open for suggestions....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back