greenhouse gas measurements keep rising

You've issued the USMB Bullring challenge. That allows me to specify some conditions.

We each get to select three judges. If any selected do not wish to participate, we can select others. We have a finite pool of potential judge. If, for any reason, either of us cannot find three acceptable judges willing to participate, the number of judges on both sides will be reduced to the minimum number available. I am willing to go to 1 judge each if need be.

We will each compose a post representing our argument. After both are posted, we will each compose and post a response. After both are posted, we will each compose and post a summation. End of debate. At this point an audience comment period could take place but this doesn't concern me. You and I are not allowed to post further comments or refer to this debate at any other USMB location during its full course. When time has passed for comments, begin the voting.

I don't know about you, but I have a full-time job. I cannot access this site from ~0700 to ~1730 on workdays which occasionally include weekends and holidays. I also travel for my job including going to sea on naval vessels. I am on travel as I write this. I am in a hotel in Jacksonville, Florida (which I got to via a Sunday drive) and will begin dockside work on a new test vessel later this morning (a holiday). In a few days, I will need to meet this vessel at sea for the testing we're doing on her. For that I will be traveling out of the country and I may or may not have internet access; the installation's facilities are limited. On this upcoming trip will be working on two different vessels: one an overnight trip and the other a day trip, so my free time between the 18th and the 23rd will be severely restricted.

So, I suggest we either start this quickly so that our portions may be completed before the 18th, when I fly out or that we wait till the 23rd when I return.

I suggest we be allowed 48 hours for the production and posting of each of the three portions (argument, response, summation). Both arguments must be in place before a response may be posted. Both responses must be in place before a summation may be posted.

I suggest no limits on the length or format of these documents (unless USMB has posting limits). Graphics are allowed, but must be original. The source(s) of any external data presented or used in the creation of a graph must be identified.

For my three judges, I choose posters Orogenicman, IfItzMe and PMZ

The debate topic will be :
The length of time over which wind speed is averaged has no bearing on the accuracy of the result.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Whatever Westwall, but besides being a qualified software developer (C/C++), I also studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and even completed two years of electronic engineering. So, please spare me that line. I will respect your view despite disagreeing with it, and trust you will do me the same courtesy.

I don't believe I have ever responded to one of your posts mate!:lol:

Sorry, responded to wrong person. Head down in shame! :redface:

Still getting the hang of using this site.

Off to work.

I looked at the bullring forum but will not post a challenge their till you get back on my suggested conditions.

You've issued the USMB Bullring challenge. That allows me to specify some conditions.

We each get to select three judges. If any selected do not wish to participate, we can select others. We have a finite pool of potential judge. If, for any reason, either of us cannot find three acceptable judges willing to participate, the number of judges on both sides will be reduced to the minimum number available. I am willing to go to 1 judge each if need be.

We will each compose a post representing our argument. After both are posted, we will each compose and post a response. After both are posted, we will each compose and post a summation. End of debate. At this point an audience comment period could take place but this doesn't concern me. You and I are not allowed to post further comments or refer to this debate at any other USMB location during its full course. When time has passed for comments, begin the voting.

I don't know about you, but I have a full-time job. I cannot access this site from ~0700 to ~1730 on workdays which occasionally include weekends and holidays. I also travel for my job including going to sea on naval vessels. I am on travel as I write this. I am in a hotel in Jacksonville, Florida (which I got to via a Sunday drive) and will begin dockside work on a new test vessel later this morning (a holiday). In a few days, I will need to meet this vessel at sea for the testing we're doing on her. For that I will be traveling out of the country and I may or may not have internet access; the installation's facilities are limited. On this upcoming trip will be working on two different vessels: one an overnight trip and the other a day trip, so my free time between the 18th and the 23rd will be severely restricted.

So, I suggest we either start this quickly so that our portions may be completed before the 18th, when I fly out or that we wait till the 23rd when I return.

I suggest we be allowed 48 hours for the production and posting of each of the three portions (argument, response, summation). Both arguments must be in place before a response may be posted. Both responses must be in place before a summation may be posted.

I suggest no limits on the length or format of these documents (unless USMB has posting limits). Graphics are allowed, but must be original. The source(s) of any external data presented or used in the creation of a graph must be identified.

For my three judges, I choose posters Orogenicman, IfItzMe and PMZ

The debate topic will be :
The length of time over which wind speed is averaged has no bearing on the accuracy of the result.

Your thoughts?

You got a lot of issues dontcha? I gave you a chance to drop this.. And your demands that the discussion just be composed of 3 sections is ludricrous.. As is the demand for only "original" graphics..

Don't care about your personal demands. I won't burden you with mine. Enough horse shit. I will pick the time and place and terms.

Forum List

Back