"Green Joe" all set to auction off 80,000,000 acres of oil leases in the Gulf of Mexico?! WTF?? (Poll)

Do you support Biden's "Energy Policies", shutting down AK & Keystone but Opening the Gulf??????

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Biden shuts down ANWR & Keystone-XL, but now is opening up the Gulf of Mexico with oil leases larger than the state of FLORIDA???

"The Biden administration is preparing to sell off more than 80 million acres of the Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas drilling companies in the largest federal offshore drilling auction in U.S. history—less than a week after the UN climate change conference COP26, where nearly 200 nations promised to reduce fossil fuel emissions.
The annual Gulf of Mexico lease sale is planned for November 17 in New Orleans.
The 80 million acres on sale is expected to produce around 1.12 billion barrels of oil and 4.2 cubic feet of natural gas over the next 50 years."

YET BIDEN STOPPED DRILLING IN ANWR and the KEYSTONE-XL Pipeline??

Biden administration suspends Trump-era oil and gas drilling leases in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge​

"The Biden administration is suspending oil and gas drilling leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, reversing one of former President Donald Trump's final environmental decisions before leaving office. The administration plans to further explore the environmental impacts of drilling in the fragile Alaskan region.
On his first day in the White House, President Joe Biden issued an executive order placing a temporary ban on the leases. Citing the "legal deficiencies" of the current program and "inadequacy" of the previous review, Secretary Deb Haaland suspended all activities in the region on Tuesday, pending a comprehensive analysis."

Attachments

• 1637283054231.png
    1637283054231.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 49
He's not doing anything that wasn't done under Obama.

Now I see the question being improperly set out. It should be noted that the oil pipeline that was shut down was Canadian oil. Are these leases for American companies and American oil? Is that not what we should be doing?

Now I see the question being improperly set out. It should be noted that the oil pipeline that was shut down was Canadian oil. Are these leases for American companies and American oil? Is that not what we should be doing?
1. Very good! I forgot that Obama sold 119-million acres of oil leases. So "green energy" is bullshit?

2. True that Keystone-XL carried Canadian oil, but the pipeline jobs were American. The oil is fungible, and would have helped keep gas prices down.

3. Yes, this is what we should be doing, but why sell leases in the Gulf and close leases in ANWR? Doesn't Joe's inconsistent approach to "climate change" make any sense to you?

1. Very good! I forgot that Obama sold 119-million acres of oil leases. So "green energy" is bullshit?

If this question is a simple "Is this highly hypocritical", I will say it is.

2. True that Keystone-XL carried Canadian oil, but the pipeline jobs were American. The oil is fungible, and would have helped keep gas prices down.

3. Yes, this is what we should be doing, but why sell leases in the Gulf and close leases in ANWR? Doesn't Joe's inconsistent approach to "climate change" make any sense to you?

No it makes no sense to me but the question needed properly presented. IMO.

If this question is a simple "Is this highly hypocritical", I will say it is.

No it makes no sense to me but the question needed properly presented. IMO.
1. Yes, that is the basic point of the OP. Joe just returns from the "Green Summit", and then sells 80-million acres of new oil leases. How do you "cut carbon emissions in half by 2030" and then open up the Gulf to oil drilling?? That seems hypocritical to me. I'm waiting for oil companies to insist on no interference with drilling before bidding.

2. OK, not sure how to wordsmith the question any better. Joe's energy policies are making everyone mad, car owners and "greens".

If the question is simply is this hypocritical, it is. If the question is whether it's wrong to promote US oil over Canadian, we go back to my initial post.

Seems to me that many may feel this is typical hypocrisy but I would think they would fully support it.

Biden shuts down ANWR & Keystone-XL, but now is opening up the Gulf of Mexico with oil leases larger than the state of FLORIDA???

"The Biden administration is preparing to sell off more than 80 million acres of the Gulf of Mexico to oil and gas drilling companies in the largest federal offshore drilling auction in U.S. history—less than a week after the UN climate change conference COP26, where nearly 200 nations promised to reduce fossil fuel emissions.
The 80 million acres on sale is expected to produce around 1.12 billion barrels of oil and 4.2 cubic feet of natural gas over the next 50 years."

Biden administration suspends Trump-era oil and gas drilling leases in Arctic National Wildlife Refuge​

"The Biden administration is suspending oil and gas drilling leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, reversing one of former President Donald Trump's final environmental decisions before leaving office. The administration plans to further explore the environmental impacts of drilling in the fragile Alaskan region.
On his first day in the White House, President Joe Biden issued an executive order placing a temporary ban on the leases. Citing the "legal deficiencies" of the current program and "inadequacy" of the previous review, Secretary Deb Haaland suspended all activities in the region on Tuesday, pending a comprehensive analysis."

It is not inconsistent. The Artic National Wildlife Refuge and the area where Keystone went are environmentally sensitive areas. The location of the new leases is less so. There are inconsistencies among Republicans. When Trump proposed drilling of the US east coast, Republican governors in Florida, Georgia and SC opposed it. They knew what the damage of a oil spill would do to their state's economy. I would agree with drilling in ANWAR if it was done in a way that would provide strong protection to the environment. However Republicans could care less what happens to the environment.

1. Yes, that is the basic point of the OP. Joe just returns from the "Green Summit", and then sells 80-million acres of new oil leases. How do you "cut carbon emissions in half by 2030" and then open up the Gulf to oil drilling?? That seems hypocritical to me. I'm waiting for oil companies to insist on no interference with drilling before bidding.

2. OK, not sure how to wordsmith the question any better. Joe's energy policies are making everyone mad, car owners and "greens".

Are they going to get a better deal from Republicans? NO!.

It is not inconsistent. The Artic National Wildlife Refuge and the area where Keystone went are environmentally sensitive areas. The location of the new leases is less so. There are inconsistencies among Republicans. When Trump proposed drilling of the US east coast, Republican governors in Florida, Georgia and SC opposed it. They knew what the damage of a oil spill would do to their state's economy. I would agree with drilling in ANWAR if it was done in a way that would provide strong protection to the environment. However Republicans could care less what happens to the environment.

The oceans aren't environmentally sensitive?

The shit is, we don't know for sure who the winning bidder is going to be. Remember a couple days ago when it was reported that we auctioned off some of the oil reserves? Guess where they went to. "Asia", which could possibly mean China.

"About 1.6 million barrels of crude from the U.S. Strategic Petroleum Reserve -- a monthly record -- was shipped out in October, according to data from market intelligence firm Kpler. Three cargoes were loaded onto a supertanker in the U.S. Gulf Coast and are headed to Asia."

U.S. Is Already Exporting Oil From Strategic Reserve at Record Pace

I guess he doesn't remember the BP Deepwater Horizon spill. WTF, his daddy Obama did it, it must be OK.

And?

Do we know that these leases won’t go to foreign companies?

Also ,that Canadian pipeline, created American jobs, and not just for pipeline workers but spin off jobs as well in the surrounding communities.
There’s also a lot of people who live in the north eastern United States. It makes it easier and cheaper to pipe oil in from the north rather than sending it by ship and then rail car.
You need more than just lawyers running the country. You also need people who understand anything to do with business or supply and demand. Right now, Democrats are flush with political activists and very low on people with real world experience.

and that was my question - give me the best reasons why one was shut down first before you say this is totally opposite.

look at the whole picture, not just the pieces that fit your vision.

and that was my question - give me the best reasons why one was shut down first before you say this is totally opposite.

look at the whole picture, not just the pieces that fit your vision.

My guess would be that the Canadian pipeline was more notable. No one is paying attention to these new leases.

Very possibly areas that are low probability sites or where extracting the oil is extremely costly...This is the same shit that Barry Oboingo pulled.

"Green Joe" all set to auction off 80,000,000 acres of oil leases in the Gulf of Mexico?! WTF?? (Poll)​

You are only just now hearing about this?

I guess you've only been listening to propagandists who blame Biden for high oil prices.

Biden has also approved more oil leases than Trump did.

How much do you want to bet countries like China, Russia, Venezuela are given preferential choice in this? Russia will turn an oil rig in to a surveillance hub in a blink of an eye and so will China.

Joe is not doing this for anyone but his foreign financiers.

Forum List

Back