Green energy, solar and wind are collapsing....it can't happen fast enough.

Why not, you take climate change information from the oil and gas people.

I do? Funny, I take about 90% of my information on climate change from geology and evidence of past interglacials and other past climate events. I honestly can't think of any times off the top of my head where I have done as you are claiming here.

Care to give an example? Or are you just vomiting up a standard default response whenever you are challenged?

And I notice, you do not even respond to the fact that your two references contradicted each other.

I do? Funny, I take about 90% of my information on climate change from geology and evidence of past interglacials and other past climate events. I honestly can't think of any times off the top of my head where I have done as you are claiming here.

Care to give an example? Or are you just vomiting up a standard default response whenever you are challenged?

And I notice, you do not even respond to the fact that your two references contradicted each other.
And how does that study inform us on human caused climate change.

And how does that study inform us on human caused climate change.

shakes head in disbelief

Got it, you are unable to actually provide where I have done what you claim, then spin in another direction.

Let me know if you ever want to have a grown up discussion, instead of spinning and attacking.

shakes head in disbelief

Got it, you are unable to actually provide where I have done what you claim, then spin in another direction.

Let me know if you ever want to have a grown up discussion, instead of spinning and attacking.
Again, how does historical natural climate changes (slow over 1000s of years) inform you on our current change caused by humans.

Again, how does historical natural climate changes (slow over 1000s of years) inform you on our current change caused by humans.

You fail to point out where I was pulling up oil company statistics, or even apologize for making a false claim. Or address the huge contradictions between your two posts that I pointed out. Yet demand I answer your accusation?

As I already said, let me know when you are willing to have a conversation like a grownup. All I see is a child throwing around attacks and not at all willing to actually have a conversation.

As for your repeated screaming as to what the past has to do with the present, I will just tell you to read up on George Santayana, and wish you a good day.

You fail to point out where I was pulling up oil company statistics, or even apologize for making a false claim. Or address the huge contradictions between your two posts that I pointed out. Yet demand I answer your accusation?

As I already said, let me know when you are willing to have a conversation like a grownup. All I see is a child throwing around attacks and not at all willing to actually have a conversation.

As for your repeated screaming as to what the past has to do with the present, I will just tell you to read up on George Santayana, and wish you a good day.
So, you’re unwilling or unable to answer.

Noted

And I just want to point out to you how wrong you are in this statement.

The onset of the Little Ice Age was very rapid. With the climate in most of Europe changing from the Medieval Warm Period to in less than 25 years the continent once again returning to Ice Age conditions, with glaciers once again growing and expanding. With much of the countryside transitioning once again from warm temperate landscapes to almost tundra like conditions with massive die-offs of plants from the Netherlands to Italy.

Or the Younger Dryas. Almost the exact same thing, but even larger and more pronounced. When in less than a century the climate changed from not that much cooler than today right back into a return of ice age conditions for over 7,000 years.

Hell, for as much as people scream repeatedly about how it is currently the hottest things have ever been, we have yet to hit the average temperatures of the Medieval Warm Period, and are barely equal to the Roman Warm Period.

You talk about "slow"? This is why I am not taking you or your accusations at all seriously, because you do not seem to actually know what you are talking about. This is why studying geology and the history of climates in the past is so important, because it gives one an idea of what the "baseline" actually is when talking about the climate of our planet. And the simple fact is, for roughly the past 2.5 my we have been trapped in a cycle of temperatures that are far below the standard temperatures for our planet. And the planet keeps trying to bring itself back up to what it should be, but primarily the current placements of the continents are preventing that. So we keep going through these cycles of extreme cold temperatures.

You really think what we are going through is rapid? There is nothing in evidence in the geological record that shows there is any abnormality between the current era and any previous interglacial.

But here, let me scare you a bit. Expect hurricanes and typhoons to increase in strength, as we will soon see some absolutely huge ones, geologically speaking. With global sea levels at least 6.5 and likely over 7 meters higher than they are today. Most of Florida will vanish below the ocean. Just as it has in every other interglacial. Expect surface temperatures at least 5c higher than they are now (roughly 10f). And say goodbye to the Polar Ice Cap, it will completely vanish. As it has in every previous interglacial.

And it will get so warm, that most of Canada and Alaska will more closely resemble the climate of around 35 north latitude (roughly LA to the Carolinas). That the "Palm Tree Line" which currently is in around Central California will continue to move northward until it is at roughly Anchorage.

And guess what, bubba? All of that would have happened even if humans had never evolved to be hairless apes that were good at making tools with rocks and sticks.

This is why I simply can not take you seriously. You think "historical climate change" is slow? Even before we were making advanced composite tools by combining rocks with sticks, the climate of the entire climate changed drastically in less than 100 years. Hell, such a climate change is likely what "put paid" to the oldest recognized culture in North America, the Clovis People. And it is believed to have done that in less than 100 years.

Sorry, all you are doing is screaming your ignorance of the past, and what climate change is really like on our planet. Or even that ice caps are an aberration and only exist now because of something that happened geologically 2.5 mya that has dropped our global temperature far below what it should be. But if you think that is bad, good thing you will not be around in around 100 my in the future. Because by that time the continental placement would have changed yet again. Antarctica will have split in two and started its move North, so no more Antarctic Ice Cap. And in addition to the Pacific growing again and the Atlantic shrinking the gap between North and South America would open yet again. In preparation for Pangea Ultima.

And if you think things are warm now, try looking into the climate during the era of Pangea.

The funny thing is, you really do not know what you are talking about. Simply attacking over and over, and outright dismissing anything you do not like.

As I said, let me know if you want to have a discussion like a grown-up instead of acting like a child and attacking nonstop.

So, you’re unwilling or unable to answer.

You refuse to retract your false claim from earlier. You also refuse to address the contradictions I pointed out earlier.

I am very willing, as I just did. However, I do not see the point in having a discussion with an individual who only wants to act in an aggressive and hostile manner.

You are the one that is very much unwilling to have a conversation. You only want to attack anybody that refuses to believe what you do.

And I simply do not engage in debates with religious zealots.

Where is this collapse?

1705925693525.png

1705925738028.png

1705925770974.png

The goal isn't to produce more, reliable, cheaper, efficient energy....the goal of the left is to limit access to energy to give them more control over the life choices we have....

Hopefully the scam of green energy will collapse at an accelerated rate...

The OP's article contains nothing indicating a "collapse" of solar and wind. The bulk of the comments concern EV's. Data posted in this thread show no downturn in the growth of non-emitting energy sources.

Forum List

Back