Greedy Companies And Their Greedy Price Increases

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
The left would have you believe that a lot of inflation is due to greedy companies taking advantage of us by greedily raising prices to make more profits while the rest of us suffer from their higher prices. Apparently that is debunked. The actual truth and facts are that federal tax revenue receipts are down because company profits are down.

Not exactly.
There are You Tube videos by professional repair techs that go over some of the devious and dishonest ways appliance manufacturers go out of their way to ensure that their appliances fail within a specific time frame.

I've seen this personally. Maytag dishwashers for example have spray arms, rack rollers and other parts that are made with materials that will literally dissolve after so many hours of use. For the same cost, (or probably less) they could have made them with commonly available materials and processes and they would have lasted for years and years.

I have no doubt that most appliance manufacturers today have larger "Planned obsolescence" research budgets than quality and R&D departments.
Frigidaire is the same. They are ALL like this today as far as I know.
OTOH, some of these problems could be related to sourcing parts from China with cost reduction as a priority.

Please explain why a company that made hundreds of millions in profit if not billions, Needs constantly TO keep raising prices?

The left would have you believe that a lot of inflation is due to greedy companies taking advantage of us by greedily raising prices to make more profits while the rest of us suffer from their higher prices. Apparently that is debunked. The actual truth and facts are that federal tax revenue receipts are down because company profits are down.

Biden could splash acid in a liberal's face and it would blame Trump.

Forum List

Back