Greatest Non-Pitching Basebll Player in MLB History?

The_Lyrical_Miracle

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2021
I'll divide this up (and probably start a pitcher's only thread in a few moments)...

So many to choose from, but only one names comes to my mind.

Barry Bonds.

Here's why...

1. Bonds had the power with the likes of Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, and Mark McGwire
2. Bonds played elite defense with 8 gold gloves in his career, like Ken Griffey Jr, Willie Mays, and Joe Dimmaggio
3. Bonds could steal bases like a theif rivaling the levels of Ricky Henderson

Of all the skills in baseball, Bonds had it all in his career, and he had the most anyone ever had. But let's dig deeper.

He Has 7 MVP's in his career, the next closest is 3 by Stan Musial.

He has the most Gold Gloves in Left Field in MLB history.

He is #1 in all of MLB history in
- Home runs (762)
- Walks (2,558)
- Intentional Walks (688)

Other Stats he is all-time high at:
- Extra Base Hits (2nd)
- Total Bases (2nd)
- RBI (3rd)
- Runs (3rd)
- On-Base Percentage (3rd)
- Slugging Percentage (7th)
- Doubles (14th)
- Stolen Base Percentage (29th)
- Hits (32)

In his 22 year career, he never played with another hall of famer, unlike Ruth, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, etc.

Bonds stopped the game of baseball when he came up to bat. He was walked with the bases loaded. He was the most feared hitter I've ever seen in my life.

RobertoClementeatBat.jpg

ClementeFamily.jpg

Debuted in Pittsbrugh at the age of 21
Joined the Giants at age 29.
Hit 73 HR's at age 37

But yeah, comparing a 21 year old photo to a 37 yr old photo is a totally reputable argument LOL

Looks like he doubled his weight, all muscle.

1646365682663.png

1646365724625.png

Looks like he doubled his weight, all muscle.

View attachment 610434

View attachment 610435
Yeah...he was juiced to the effin gills.

As a guy who has dabbled in testosterone...35 is NOT your peak of natural production.

35 is generally when production starts to drop off.

Improvement, by those measures, after 35?

Sheeeit.

Last edited:
Bonds was a cheater, a cancer in the clubhouse, and deserves zero accolades for his "records" since clearly he was using performance enhancing drugs.

I'll divide this up (and probably start a pitcher's only thread in a few moments)...

Barry Bonds.

Here's why...

1. Bonds had the power with the likes of Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, and Mark McGwire
2. Bonds played elite defense with 8 gold gloves in his career, like Ken Griffey Jr, Willie Mays, and Joe Dimmaggio

Of all the skills in baseball, Bonds had it all in his career, and he had the most anyone ever had. But let's dig deeper.

- Home runs (762)
- Walks (2,558)

- Extra Base Hits (2nd)
- Total Bases (2nd)
- RBI (3rd)
- Runs (3rd)
- Doubles (14th)
- Hits (32)

In his 22 year career, he never played with another hall of famer, unlike Ruth, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, etc.

Bonds stopped the game of baseball when he came up to bat. He was walked with the bases loaded. He was the most feared hitter I've ever seen in my life.
sure he did........

“Don’t be confused, the Hall of Fame vote has nothing to do with the results of the legal cases against Bonds and Clemens. Those were decided based upon complicated legal technicalities,” said Parrella. “The only question is, did they use steroids? The evidence is incontrovertible. It’s scientifically certain, and corroborated by the surrounding facts and circumstances.”

Im not sure what your deal is with Bonds and your weird obsession with holding on to the idea that he wasnt taking PEDs.

Barry Bonds.

Here's why...

- Home runs (762)
- Walks (2,558)

- Extra Base Hits (2nd)
- Total Bases (2nd)
- RBI (3rd)
- Runs (3rd)
- Doubles (14th)
- Hits (32)

Griffey Jr was better and he didn’t cheat

Forum List

Back