Greatest Movie of All Time?

The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, Key Largo, and The African Queen of course.

No Cain Mutiny?

"and then there was the strawberry incident...."
Opps! One of my best
They were all disloyal officers!

I used geometric logic.

Bogart's best three roles were characters who were, or went absolutely ape shit nuts. Dixon Steele in In a Lonely Place, Fred C. Dobbs in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and Commander Quintin Queeg in The Caine Mutiny.

Last edited:
To Kill a Mockingbird is one the few movies that's as good as the book. It deals with a very serious subject but yet it's filled with warmth and humor. It will forever be one of my favorites.

To Kill a Mockingbird is one the few movies that's as good as the book. It deals with a very serious subject but yet it's filled with warmth and humor. It will forever be one of my favorites.
To Kill a Mockingbird was written and filmed from the kid's point of view. That's where the warmth and humor comes from. Any other treatment of such a story would come off as either preachy or cold.

"Things to Come", a 1936 Sci-Fi written by H.G. Wells that show just how bad we are at predicting the future. It certainly not my favorite movie, but it's certainly different.

There once was a time when Hollywood made great films. Stories, characters, fascinating cinematography and direction and themes smart people could relate to. And there was a new breed of director who worked apart from the collapsing studio system. Film makers like Hal Ashby, Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Roman Polanski and Robert Altman produced wonderful, thoughtful films.

Then came the blockbuster. Jaws, the Star Wars franchise and other such 'stuff' killed the movies. I suggest you take a look at what measures movie success: the revenue. That metric has made it damn near impossible for anyone who is not a fifteen year old comic book fan to find an interesting film.

Damn Spielberg and Lucas to the fiery regions for their part in making movies stupider by money.

There once was a time when Hollywood made great films. Stories, characters, fascinating cinematography and direction and themes smart people could relate to. And there was a new breed of director who worked apart from the collapsing studio system. Film makers like Hal Ashby, Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Roman Polanski and Robert Altman produced wonderful, thoughtful films.

Then came the blockbuster. Jaws, the Star Wars franchise and other such 'stuff' killed the movies. I suggest you take a look at what measures movie success: the revenue. That metric has made it damn near impossible for anyone who is not a fifteen year old comic book fan to find an interesting film.

Damn Spielberg and Lucas to the fiery regions for their part in making movies stupider by money.
I agree movies like Jaws and Star Wars are certainly not very thought provoking or orginal yet I find them entertaining which is what the industry is all about, making money entertaining people.

This from the guy that thinks there are handguns with no metal parts and it takes special ammunition to penetrate bullet resistant vests.

Sorry, what were you saying about stupid? Or do you just believe everything you see in the movies?

This from the guy that thinks there are handguns with no metal parts and it takes special ammunition to penetrate bullet resistant vests.

Sorry, what were you saying about stupid? Or do you just believe everything you see in the movies?
Blockbuster movies such as Star Wars, Jaws, the whole Spiderman franchise and The Avengerswere not produced to make smart people happy at the movies. They were made to make money off of stupid people and little kids. Sophistication is lost on modern movie makers, as it appear to be lost on you.

Blockbuster movies such as Star Wars, Jaws, the whole Spiderman franchise and The Avengerswere not produced to make smart people happy at the movies. They were made to make money off of stupid people and little kids. Sophistication is lost on modern movie makers, as it appear to be lost on you.

Again calling other people stupid! :lol: Need a spoon to slurp up that bowl of irony?

Please thrill us with your intelligence as relates to plastic guns and magic bullets. :popcorn:

Again calling other people stupid! :lol: Need a spoon to slurp up that bowl of irony?

Please thrill us with your intelligence as relates to plastic guns and magic bullets. :popcorn:
Which thread is this? Oh! ONE ON MOVIES!

Perhaps once reading comprehension is taught at your school, you'll be more interesting to chat with. Have a nice summer! I hope you like your teacher next Autumn.

Perhaps once reading comprehension is taught at your school, you'll be more interesting to chat with. Have a nice summer! I hope you like your teacher next Autumn.

I see you can dodge your claim of intelligence on this thread as well as another thread in which you demonstrate profound ignorance and stupidity...then ran away like a school child. What was that about a teacher in the Autumn? :lol::lol::lol:

I see you can dodge your claim of intelligence on this thread as well as another thread in which you demonstrate profound ignorance and stupidity...then ran away like a school child. What was that about a teacher in the Autumn? :lol::lol::lol:

Are you still here? Doesn't Mommy have chores for you to do?

Don't question my knowledge of cinema. I have seen and own more great films you have never heard of. Every genre, the entire catalog of Hitchcock, Kubrick, Welles, Ford, Capra and Wellman are in my extensive collection.

Go shoot your gun and have what amounts to big fun. I'll watch classic cinema and get enlightenment.

Go shoot your gun and have what amounts to big fun. I'll watch classic cinema and get enlightenment.

Great, then your should probably stick to what you know and stop calling others stupid and touting your own intellectual superiority. Your track record in that regard is dismal. Enjoy your movies.

I was called ignorant and stupid. Yet when I point out stupidity, I get called on it. What a wonderful morality! If one is stupid, one cannot be called stupid, yet he is free to do so toward others. It must be a Conservative value.

Sometimes it's a terrible thing being the smartest guy in the room.

Forum List

Back