TV sucks for sci-fi fans.

Ariux

Rookie
Mar 16, 2012
It's been a while, and it'll be a while longer without real sci-fi on TV. No Star Trek. No Doctor Who. No Stargate. Etc. There was Terra Nova, which sucked so bad it didn't even get one full season before being cancelled. Even Syfy channel isn't producing much in the way of sci-fi. (I don't count the plentiful supernatural dramas as sci-fi. That's fantasy fiction, not science fiction).

I don't ever remember such a sci-fi dry spell. But, on the bright side, lots of good sci-fi movies at the theater this year.

Books.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Crash-Bantam-Spectra-Book/dp/0553380958]Snow Crash[/ame].

Still rocks 20 years later.

One of Time magazine's 100 all-time best English-language novels.

It's been a while, and it'll be a while longer without real sci-fi on TV. No Star Trek. No Doctor Who. No Stargate. Etc. There was Terra Nova, which sucked so bad it didn't even get one full season before being cancelled. Even Syfy channel isn't producing much in the way of sci-fi. (I don't count the plentiful supernatural dramas as sci-fi. That's fantasy fiction, not science fiction).

I don't ever remember such a sci-fi dry spell. But, on the bright side, lots of good sci-fi movies at the theater this year.

Doctor Who will be back soon. Fox is negotiating with NetFlix to pick up Tera Nova.

Stream netflix though your game console you get all the sci fi stuff you want

Doctor Who will be back soon. Fox is negotiating with NetFlix to pick up Tera Nova.

I just can't get behind the 11th Doctor. The 10th Doctor is a hard act to follow, so I give the 11th some slack. But still...I just don't like him much.

Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) more than makes up the difference, though. Her first appearance in that police costume. Hooooooly smokes...:eusa_drool:

Last edited:

I just can't get behind the 11th Doctor. The 10th Doctor is a hard act to follow, so I give the 11th some slack. But still...I just don't like him much.

Amy Pond more than makes up the difference, though. Hooooooly smokes...:eusa_drool:

Yeah, she's another one I'd tap until she or I broke ;)
karen.jpg

Matt Smith is pretty good, give him a chance. True, David Tennant is a tough act to follow, but I've been able to find things I like in almost every 'Doctor' since Jon Pertwee (first one I ever saw). The only 'Doctor' I never really liked was Colin Baker. There was just something... off... about his portrayal.

BTW... building a TARDIS in my back yard soon. Just finished the design and plans, will start construction in a few weeks. It's the Barry Newberry model, from the Tom Baker era (my personal favorite 'Doctor'). I'll have a thread for the ongoing construction over at Movie Props, Costumes and Scale Models | the RPF

Last edited:

Forum List

Back