Greatest Guitarist of Alltime!

Sort of a guitar...

Tiny_Tim_PR_still_Photocred_Ed_Thrasher.jpg

Who is the greatest guitarist of all time?
  1. Jiminy Hendrix
  2. Eric Clapton
  3. Jeff Beck
  4. Jimmy Page
  5. Eddie Van Halen
  6. Stevie Ray Vaughn
  7. Carlos Santana
  8. Randy Rhoades
  9. Al Dimeola
  10. Bonamassa
So who is it? I'm a victim of my generation; I see Hendrix and Clapton as 1A and 1B.
No Zappa?
Shame on you.

Who is the greatest guitarist of all time?
  1. Jiminy Hendrix
  2. Eric Clapton
  3. Jeff Beck
  4. Jimmy Page
  5. Eddie Van Halen
  6. Stevie Ray Vaughn
  7. Carlos Santana
  8. Randy Rhoades
  9. Al Dimeola
  10. Bonamassa
So who is it? I'm a victim of my generation; I see Hendrix and Clapton as 1A and 1B.
None of the above, even though all those dudes are good.
You didn't even put Chet Atkins or Floyd Rose or Les Paul? Really? What about Roy Clark? Charo?
Andres Segovia?
Okay, it's freakin' acid-head Steve Vai.

Most talent ever and is well disciplined actually as well.

None of the above, even though all those dudes are good.
You didn't even put Chet Atkins or Floyd Rose or Les Paul? Really? What about Roy Clark? Charo?
Andres Segovia?
Okay, it's freakin' acid-head Steve Vai.

Most talent ever and is well disciplined actually as well.

Floyd Rose? I know he invented the double locking tremolo system, but I've never heard his name mentioned amongst the greats.

How many nameless studio guitarists could walk into a session and play anything from Flamenco to the latest thrash at the drop of a hat, with minimal run-throughs.

Yeah, you can't name them either, but I'd put them up there with the biggest brand names.
Yep, Steve "never heard of him" Hunter did both the solo on Aerosmith's "Train Kept a Rollin'" (a personal favorite) and the intro to "Sweet Jane" on Lou Reed's Rock n' Roll Animal - the latter is considered by many to be an all-time classic.

Yep, Steve "never heard of him" Hunter did both the solo on Aerosmith's "Train Kept a Rollin'" (a personal favorite) and the intro to "Sweet Jane" on Lou Reed's Rock n' Roll Animal - the latter is considered by many to be an all-time classic.
Nobody would know who Matt Murphy is, if he wasn't with the Blues Brothers.....That dude can play anything.

I think I'M one of the greatest guitarists of all time. LOL.

Well at least I don't suffer from excessive modesty
:biggrin:

Best?

Damn.

Glenn Campbell
Roy Clark
Albert Lee
Doyle Dykes (Grand Old Opry)
Guthrie Govan
John McLaughlin (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
Eric Johnson
Steve Morse (Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs)
Joe Bonomassa
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Aaron Currie (The Judds)

As a guitarist, I always found Hendrix to be sloppy a lot of the time; same with Jimmy Page. Obviously, Jimi's approach to playing guitar changed the game forever, but he just wasn't a clean player...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back