Great Reagan Quotes

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I got this in the e-mail and it made me crack up.
Reagan really was a great guy.

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'- Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'- Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.' - Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'- Ronald Reagan'

The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'- Ronald Reagan

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.'- Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'- Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.'- Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'- Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation goneunder.'

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'- Ronald Reagan

My favorite.

Oh he's just got so many good ones.

"I do not know how many future generations we can count on before the Lord returns."

"Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere." <- Hahaha!

"In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages; nor will we."

"A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."

"If the question comes up at the Tower Board meeting, you might want to say that you were surprised." (Read the stage direction out loud).

"I don't remember, period."

"They are our brothers, these freedom fighters and we owe them our help. They are the moral equal of our founding fathers." <- On the Contra Terrorists. (How's that for hanging out with terrorists?)

"They're a two day's march from Arlington, Texas!"

Y'all republicans really need to get some new heroes.

Oh wait, I guess when you nominate Poppy Bush, Dan Quayle, Bob Dole, George W. Bush, John McCain, and Sarah Palin, you have to time travel back several decades to find someone to admire.

One of the worst presidents in history. Created conservatism as we know it today. A dumb man with even dumber policies. He created the America that we see today. That has worked out great, hasn't it? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back