Racism according to the A.P.

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I will take no credit for this piece. I just thought it was funny.

BTW graham is a radio talk host and columnist for the Boston herald.

The Natural Truth | By Michael Graham

Over the weekend, the AP ran a (for lack of a better term) think piece entitled “Palin’s Words Carry Racial Tinge.” And what were those tinged words? According to the AP, these comments were racist:

By claiming that Democrat Barack Obama is "palling around with terrorists" and doesn't see the U.S. like other Americans, vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin targeted key goals for a faltering campaign.
And though she may have scored a political hit each time, her attack was unsubstantiated and carried a racially tinged subtext that John McCain himself may come to regret.
The terrorist pal in question is Bill Ayers, the unrepentant domestic terrorist who helped Sen. Obama launch his career. Mayor Bill Daley called Obama and Ayers “friends.” But he didn’t say “pals,” so I guess that makes Palin’s observation “unsubstantiated.”

But what makes it racist. Ayers is WHITE. So Obama is racist because of his years of work and support for a white terrorist? What—it’s an insult to the Black Panthers?

Actually, the (ahem) “thinking” goes like this:

Palin's words avoid repulsing voters with overt racism. But is there another subtext for creating the false image of a black presidential nominee "palling around" with terrorists while assuring a predominantly white audience that he doesn't see their America?

In a post-Sept. 11 America, terrorists are envisioned as dark-skinned radical Muslims, not the homegrown anarchists of Ayers' day 40 years ago. With Obama a relative unknown when he began his campaign, the Internet hummed with false e-mails about ties to radical Islam of a foreign-born candidate. Whether intended or not by the McCain campaign, portraying Obama as "not like us" is another potential appeal to racism. It suggests that the Hawaiian-born Christian is, at heart, un-American.

Most troubling, however, is how allowing racism to creep into the discussion serves McCain's purpose so well.

In other words, mentioning terrorism makes most Americans think of Islamist terrorists. And most Islamist terrorists are swarthy. And swarthy people have dark skin, but black people have even darker skin. Therefore, mentioning terrorism means you’re…A RACIST!

And so, concludes the Partisan Press, attending a racist, anti-semitic, anti-American church for 20 years is NOT evidence of racism, but mentioning a white terrorist from Chicago in public is actually the secret club greeting at the KKK.

If that makes sense to you, you must have gotten straight A’s in journalism school.

Argue if you will but saying that BHO is billy Ayers' friend is NOT racist it's just that a white chick is pointing out that BHO is friends with a bomber that is racist.

Nicely done! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I wonder when the MSM is going to get the hint that Americans are sick and tired of being labeled as a racist when no racism was spoken nor intended. What the MSM really does not seem to care about is that all this "crying wolf racism" cheapens and degrades any acts that are truly racist.

Or conversely can even promote racism from someone not normally predisposed to by engendering the attitude of "If I am going to constantly be accused of it, I might as well do it".

Nicely done! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I wonder when the MSM is going to get the hint that Americans are sick and tired of being labeled as a racist when no racism was spoken nor intended. What the MSM really does not seem to care about is that all this "crying wolf racism" cheapens and degrades any acts that are truly racist.

Or conversely can even promote racism from someone not normally predisposed to by engendering the attitude of "If I am going to constantly be accused of it, I might as well do it".

Truth is it's been done for so long now that nobody gives a shit. It's kinda like being called an asshole? It used to bother me, now I just laugh my ass off. Has anyone decided what we are supposed to call the "blackhole" now?

Truth is it's been done for so long now that nobody gives a shit. It's kinda like being called an asshole? It used to bother me, now I just laugh my ass off. Has anyone decided what we are supposed to call the "blackhole" now?

i believe hole of color is the approved descriptor now.

Forum List

Back