Great Britain fines free speech during Olympics

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Ravi, but undercover officers (who I'm assuming are Special Branch) are supposed to be on the look-out for threats posed to the security of the audience and the structure the event's being held in; not some drunken idiot making a fool of himself.

I have to ask depending on how many Blacks or Africans in the crowd, letting this guy continue to make an ass out of himself could have started some shit.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Ravi, but undercover officers (who I'm assuming are Special Branch) are supposed to be on the look-out for threats posed to the security of the audience and the structure the event's being held in; not some drunken idiot making a fool of himself.

I have to ask depending on how many Blacks or Africans in the crowd, letting this guy continue to make an ass out of himself could have started some shit.

I've yet to read one single opinion in this thread suggesting that he shouldn't have been removed from the event, forcibly if necessary.

What many of us find objectionable is charging him with a crime, and making him plead guilty and pay a fine to avoid going to jail.

Public drunkenness is not speech. :rolleyes:

sigh....you went off into a tangent. I was merely making the point to Swaggert (or was it you) that public drunkenness is a security threat and THAT IS WHY the police were "infiltrating" the drunks.

sigh....you went off into a tangent. I was merely making the point to Swaggert (or was it you) that public drunkenness is a security threat and THAT IS WHY the police were "infiltrating" the drunks.

Still doesn't justify criminal prosecution IMO.

It's ok if your opinion on the matter differs from mine, it just means I value freedom more than you do (but that doesn't make you special by any stretch).

Jesus wept, it's even worse than I thought. From Ravi's Yahoo article:

Undercover police infiltrated the crowd and seized the man during the game between Lithuania and Nigeria at the basketball arena in the Olympic Park

Yea, paying police to go undercover to word police? That's the epitome of waste and governmental deviance.

It's ok if your opinion on the matter differs from mine, it just means I value freedom more than you do (but that doesn't make you special by any stretch).
:rolleyes:

The Brits are perfectly within their rights to compel order at the Olympics. So too would be anyone else. There was nothing unreasonable done nor was anyone's free speech threatened. No one is required to provide a platform for stupidity.

:rolleyes:

The Brits are perfectly within their rights to compel order at the Olympics. So too would be anyone else. There was nothing unreasonable done nor was anyone's free speech threatened. No one is required to provide a platform for stupidity.

I always knew you only pay lip service when it comes to supporting individual liberty and rights (except for the right to kill babies of course, that one you hold dear).

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. :thup:

How come you aren't free to express yourself by pulling out your pecker in the crowd?
And why isn't he upset about THAT violation of free speech, lol.

I suppose not being able to rank on black people in public feels particularly oppressive to manifail, as of course whipping it out had never even occurred to him since it would probably expose his pubes as longer than his puny pecker...

How come you aren't free to express yourself by pulling out your pecker in the crowd?

I suppose not being able to rank on black people in public feels particularly oppressive to manifail, as of course whipping it out had never even occurred to him since it would probably expose his pubes as longer than his puny pecker...
I just wish he was brave enough to make ape noises and throw around Hitler salutes at the next football game he attends. :lol:

I just wish he was brave enough to make ape noises and throw around Hitler salutes at the next football game he attends. :lol:

He should do that at an NBA Basketball game in Washington DC or Detroit.

you are only really free if you can be an ass without consequences.

you are only really free if you can be an ass without consequences.

I don't think anywhere is like that.

Forum List

Back