Great Britain fines free speech during Olympics

Yea.

A Lithuania fan made Nazi gestures and monkey chants during a game against Nigeria on Tuesday. He pleaded guilty to a charge of "racially aggravated behavior" and was fined $3,910 by a London court. A lawyer for the fan said Wednesday his client believed such behavior was acceptable at sports events at home.

Yea.

A Lithuania fan made Nazi gestures and monkey chants during a game against Nigeria on Tuesday. He pleaded guilty to a charge of "racially aggravated behavior" and was fined $3,910 by a London court. A lawyer for the fan said Wednesday his client believed such behavior was acceptable at sports events at home.

Good. :clap2:

Fuck him.

Yea.

Fuck him.

Not good. You may not like what he said, but if you have a government that punishes speech then you have an oppressive government. And in fact, you don't even know exactly what he said that was supposed to have been worth $4K.

He may have just said something like, "get that monkey" off his back b/c he was fouling and all of the sudden it's considered "racism" and worthy of draining his bank account.

The man that gives away his liberties to word police, does not deserve them. You bob, do not deserve your free speech. You have happily accepted your lot.

How intolerant and culturally unaware of us. Surely LOCOG know that a strong sense of white nationalism prevails across most of Eastern Europe, and that there's a deep cultural suspicion of non-whites and Jews?

How intolerant and culturally unaware of us. Surely LOCOG know that a strong sense of white nationalism prevails across most of Eastern Europe, and that there's a deep cultural suspicion of non-whites and Jews?

I sorta doubt he was on that higher plane, but who knows. I do know that a government that fines speech seeks to intimidate and muzzle a person. And is he or the nation better off for it? Certainly the country gets to put an individual in his place and be a money machine feasting off the people when that occurs (I'm so glad that that money could go to unnamed bureaucrats and not towards his daughter's braces or something). Congrats GB on being oppressive like the Muslim nations you're warring against.

Last edited:
didn't you already do a thread on this...

good for britain

Nope...I mentioned another GB case like this in another thread. Likely, what you're thinking. And is it really good for GB? Are you going to pay me for the time you called me a "twit?" $4K please. Are you going to pay it or be a hypocrite?

I sorta doubt he was on that higher plane, but who knows. I do know that a government that fines speech seeks to intimidate and muzzle a person. And is he or the nation better off for it? Certainly the country gets to put an individual in his place and be a money machine feasting off the people when that occurs (I'm so glad that that money could go to unnamed bureaucrats and not towards his daughter's braces or something). Congrats GB on being oppressive like the Muslim nations you're warring against.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The whole politically correct, I'm offended on behalf of someone I believe should be offended circus has, and always will be, a feeding frenzy set aside exclusively for predatory lawyers and litigators to gorge upon. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yea.

Fuck him.

Yeah, another dramatic dope disillusioned by the notion that freedom means freedom from consequences for being an asshole in public... I'm sure this guy imagines every one of his meaningful gestures and precious utterances as certified artistic gold which deserve some sort of Government protection. Aww :lol:

good for britain

Nope...I mentioned another GB case like this in another thread. Likely, what you're thinking. And is it really good for GB? Are you going to pay me for the time you called me a "twit?" $4K please. Are you going to pay it or be a hypocrite?

you're still a twit... and if you disrupted an olympic ceremony by publicly saluting nazi's and making a general spectacle of yourself, you'd be an even bigger twit.

people here get arrested for drunk and disorderly. i'd get over it if i were you.

Yeah, another dramatic dope disillusioned by the notion that freedom means freedom from consequences for being an asshole in public... I'm sure this guy imagines every one of his meaningful gestures and precious utterances as certified artistic gold which deserve some sort of Government protection. Aww :lol:

Who says I don't believe in consequences? He was at a private event. He was likely kicked out of the game with no refund on the ticket he purchased as per the terms and conditions. Who says, he didn't have friends or family members ashamed of his behavior. I'm not of the "delusion" that there are never consequences. But I'm not going to pretend that it's a good idea for the government to juror and arbitrator of random speech. That's nonsense and society is not served by it. And it is a detriment when government becomes heartless and predatorial.

good for britain

you're still a twit... and if you disrupted an olympic ceremony by publicly saluting nazi's and making a general spectacle of yourself, you'd be an even bigger twit.

people here get arrested for drunk and disorderly. i'd get over it if i were you.

Small point__ it was a basketball game, not the opening ceremony.

And the article mentions that he made Nazi hand gestures, whatever that means. But specifically, I believe he was fined $4K for his "racist" comment; in other words a hurtful comment. You are making hurtful comments. Are you going to pay me $4K now or are you going to be a hypocrite?

And the article mentions that he made Nazi hand gestures, whatever that means. But specifically, I believe he was fined $4K for his "racist" comment; in other words a hurtful comment. You are making hurtful comments. Are you going to pay me $4K now or are you going to be a hypocrite?

Oh gee, I didn't realize you answered to disillusioned dramatic dope, but if the shoe fits wear it. I was talking about the loser who acted like an asshole at the Olympics.

Oh gee, I didn't realize you answered to disillusioned dramatic dope, but if the shoe fits wear it. I was talking about the loser who acted like an asshole at the Olympics.

Are you going to give me $4K for that name you called me? Or are you going to be a hypocrite too?

Are you going to give me $4K for that name you called me? Or are you going to be a hypocrite too?

Disillusioned dope
, it is! lol :thup:

Facts and Jillian parted company some time ago.

Facts and Jillian parted company some time ago.

:rolleyes: The FACT remains, the man was rightfully fined and removed from the venue.

Disillusioned dope
, it is! lol :thup:

So you can't answer me directly? You can only insult? Sorry I have no interest in childish antics. Consider this a warning. If you don't want to engage in serious dialogue then you shall be ignored like so many trolls before you.

So what is it? You going to give me $4k for your hurtful speech or are you going to admit it's wrong to fine free speech? If it's option c, then I'm going to need actual rationale that goes beyond a character attack of I'm "disillusioned." If you think that then shut the fuck up and don't ever talk to me.

Forum List

Back