great books to read in the age of corona, let's start with "The Age Of Surveillance Capitalism"

I like a number of authors- James Lee Burke, Michael Connelly, David Baldacci, Joseph Finder, C.J. Box, to name a few-

iu

Well, I am so behind on my reading that this stay at home on my days off is working out pretty well. I've been working on this book for the past six months...

https://amzn.to/33DI0BW

I finished it in one sitting yesterday afternoon.

But that leaves me with what to read next. Undecided so far.

Conversely, a book like The Stand by Stephen King is probably good to avoid right now. It's a great book, my favorite by King, but the subject matter may hit too close to home for some readers. Another book in the same vein, Swan Song, by Robert McCammon, is also a great read.

The Stand would be a great read unless you are one of those idiots that can't separate a book from reality.

Conversely, a book like The Stand by Stephen King is probably good to avoid right now. It's a great book, my favorite by King, but the subject matter may hit too close to home for some readers. Another book in the same vein, Swan Song, by Robert McCammon, is also a great read.

The Stand would be a great read unless you are one of those idiots that can't separate a book from reality.
Agree. I can't recommend that book enough to those who haven't read it. Swan Song by McCammon, is almost as good, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.

Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie

Ficciones - Jorge Luis Borges

The Buried Giant - Kazuo Ishiguro

The Essential Ellison: A 50-Year Retrospective - Harlan Ellison

Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie

Ficciones - Jorge Luis Borges

The Buried Giant - Kazuo Ishiguro

The Essential Ellison: A 50-Year Retrospective - Harlan Ellison
I own the Ellison book, in hardback, and it's SIGNED by him. I met him a couple times at lectures he gave in the Phoenix, Arizona area. He was the funniest and most intelligent person I've heard. Of course, his story A Boy And His Dog fits today's atmosphere. And I can't recommend his work enough, practically ANY of his work, to those who haven't read anything by him. He was a brilliant writer.

I had some face time with Harlan. The guy was as brilliant and unique as they come. And yes, funny as hell. A walking audiobook of comic relief.

surveillance capitalists spy on YOU (the customer), and their interest is not your best interest, but their own. there lies the problem!

Zuckerberg
Cuckerberg is a cookie cutter
It's uh- *burps* it's amazing!
It's amazing!
A leaked document reveals Facebook conducted research to target emotionally vulnerable and insecure youth, so they're programming people literally!

Facebook is literally a cuck factory

Everything you see today has been done before and it's been done by social scientists and eugenicists and theologians and physicists, and people, get together and go, "How can we screw with people, how can we steer people into our direction?"

it felt so good i'll say it again

Facebook is literally a cuck factory

the "free flow of information" is not more important than our DIGNITY, my friends!

Forum List

Back