Gov’t Reportedly Ordered Church to Remove Pro-Life Signs

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
“Under the First Amendment, the government has no authority to pick and choose what type of speech it approves,” Rutherford Institute president John W. Whitehead said in a statement.

Gov t Reportedly Ordered Church to Remove Pro-Life Signs Within 10 Days or Face a Potential Fine. What Happened Next Has Officials Reversing Course. TheBlaze.com

I am pro-choice myself. But come on, it is a church. It is their right and even an obligation to protect their values with any means allowed by the Constitution. Are we allowed to preach? Definitely. So keep your hands off our rights and our freedom of speech.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it', as we say in the USA.

Overzealous government officials. Good decision.

Harrisonburg officials are currently examining the ordinance to explore which signs are appropriate for display, WHSV-TV reported.

“The city’s intent was not to regulate the content of the sign, simply to ensure the structure and material of the sign met the requirements of the ordinance,” read a statement from the local government.

Realize that if religious organizations control government, the censorship will be far worse.

The content of the signs should not be relevant to code compliance.
According to this quote from the OP's link, the content of the sign wasn't relevant.

“The city’s intent was not to regulate the content of the sign, simply to ensure the structure and material of the sign met the requirements of the ordinance,” read a statement from the local government.

According to this quote from the OP's link, the content of the sign wasn't relevant.

And yet, they have backed down, entirely because the Church has hired attorneys to complain of bullshit discrimination against the content of the signs (which apparently still do not meet the code that everyone else has to abide by).

FAIL! The content of the sign was not the issue, it was the material of the sign conveying the content.

We need a PSA for conservative media. Conservative media, Just Say No!

FAIL! The content of the sign was not the issue, it was the material of the sign conveying the content.

I think this is a great example of the right-wing political correctness movement. "Ooh, we need an exemption from the basic rules of society, because of our beliefs."

I think this is a great example of the right-wing political correctness movement. "Ooh, we need an exemption from the basic rules of society, because of our beliefs."

Sounds like left loons and homos on SSM

And yet, they have backed down, entirely because the Church has hired attorneys to complain of bullshit discrimination against the content of the signs (which apparently still do not meet the code that everyone else has to abide by).
Once again...religionists believe that the laws don't apply to them.

Actually, they are trying to join the basic institutions of society, and without doing any harm to them at that :rolleyes:

Actually, they are trying to join the basic institutions of society, and without doing any harm to them at that :rolleyes:

Yeah two hairy dudes poking each other in the rear and pretending to be married has been going on in society for centuries. AHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah two hairy dudes poking each other in the rear and pretending to be married has been going on in society for centuries. AHAHAHAHAHA

So, what basic rules of society are gays allowed to break that others are not?

Anyone who believes the structure and material of the sign prompted the complaint rather than the message is naïve or dishonest beyond hope.

“Under the First Amendment, the government has no authority to pick and choose what type of speech it approves,” Rutherford Institute president John W. Whitehead said in a statement.

Gov t Reportedly Ordered Church to Remove Pro-Life Signs Within 10 Days or Face a Potential Fine. What Happened Next Has Officials Reversing Course. TheBlaze.com

I am pro-choice myself. But come on, it is a church. It is their right and even an obligation to protect their values with any means allowed by the Constitution. Are we allowed to preach? Definitely. So keep your hands off our rights and our freedom of speech.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it', as we say in the USA.
'“The city’s intent was not to regulate the content of the sign, simply to ensure the structure and material of the sign met the requirements of the ordinance,” read a statement from the local government.'

Consequently, this was not a 'First Amendment issue,' to maintain otherwise is a lie.

So, what basic rules of society are gays allowed to break that others are not?
Forcing people to cater to their whims and wishes comes to mind, either you do as the gays say or the Government will fine you or arrest you.

Forum List

Back