Govt about to arrest woman, for 2ND TIME, for unattractive yard!!!

a2b762140ef23a391954eb9cd75f26dc

What's the point of that picture of a junky yard? You do have some intelligence, don't you. You know that's the "after" picture of "before and after".

That picture is one broken down garden tractor short of being my lawn. :lol:

[
This has nothing to do with big govt. It has to do with small govt. Like city ordinances. What you propose is that people cannot order their own affairs democratically. Once they do, that order become big govt. It doesn't. The government's job, and its only job, is to protect property rights. Even at the local level. A city really is responsible for home values, which is why city governments don't permit situations to get out of hand and destroy those values.

Wow, that's a new take on rightwing 'property rights'. What happened to the old view, where a person's rights to do with their property what they wanted (within reason) and NOT be subject to any government coming in and telling them this and that,

for the 'common good'?

It's freedom, it's not license, it's not anarchy, it's called freedom and with freedom comes responsibility. A group of local people organize themselves into a city and establish rules, ordinances, that protect the property rights of all. This is an exercise of their freedom to establish rules to order their little insular society. They respect one another's freedom to conduct their lives according to their own desires as long as that desire does not infringe on another's property rights or values. This woman does not have the freedom to arbitrarily lower the values of her neighbor's property just because she feels like it. Her responsibilty is to respect her neighbor's need to preserve their own property values. She has violated that responsibility and violated the rules that the majority have put in place to protect one another from individuals like her!

No, really all she's done is broke the law.

Your argument is for respect for the law. You need to extend that to respect for state and federal laws.

No, Tenthers, property rights are not absolute. Build a pig farm next to several streets of homestead, and don't be surprised is someone arsons you out. I don't approve of such action, but I can certainly understand the motivation,.

Look at my post 118....i have a link to a page that has a few more pictures. I believe these are recent.

Yes, you posted a link to earlier pictures, of the woman's yard looking very bad But, I think the yard looked worse yet than those photos show, before the woman was first told to clean up her yard. Let's call those the half-way done photos.

What's the point of that picture of a junky yard? You do have some intelligence, don't you. You know that's the "after" picture of "before and after".
BULLSHIT!

There is no "after" picture because she refuses to clean up. that is why she has been threatened with jail.

Woman in Trouble Again for Untidy Yard - Mount Pleasant, SC Patch

Mount Pleasant asked Linda Ruggles to make the improvements in March, but there has been no change, officials say. She faces a June 4 deadline to make improvements or face a ticket.

I realize you're a moron because you're only human. But, doesn't your human brain give you enough commonsense to realize that if she was first told to clean up her yard in January that she might have attempted to do so? And, maybe your merely human brain can't understand that others have attempted to help her, before that photo was taken.

For example, look at the roof in your picture. How pretty. In a "before" photo, she had a crappy roof and piles of shingles that she couldn't afford to have installed on the roof. After she got in trouble, a roofer came and did it for free. Her yard trash has been picked up. Her yard had been manicured. Etc.

What is it with humans and their tiny brains? Look at the potted plants in the middle of the yard. Notice how they're just collected together, sitting in the grass. That's a reflection of someone's very temporary effort to organize the yard. None of those pots have been there for very long. And, they can't stay there.

See the trailer that was used to haul off a lot of junk?
I realize you're an :asshole: because you're only a CON$ervoFascist. But, doesn't your human brain give you enough commonsense to realize that the photos I linked to are from May 21, 2012 and the property looks exactly as cited! Those photos in my link are the condition of the property at the time of the most recent citation. No work has been done since she was served, so the pictures are the before and there is no after. The very fact that you think it is a photo after a clean up shows that there is really nothing to complain about.

I realize you're an :asshole: because you're only a CON$ervoFascist. But, doesn't your human brain give you enough commonsense to realize that the photos I linked to are from May 21, 2012 and the property looks exactly as cited! Those photos in my link are the condition of the property at the time of the most recent citation. No work has been done since she was served, so the pictures are the before and there is no after. The very fact that you think it is a photo after a clean up shows that there is really nothing to complain about.

Even for a human, you're very stupid. How am I a fascist? Fascists are authoritarians, and I'm very far from that. You hate me because I'm not a fascist.

You say those photos are from May 21. Yet, this woman went to jail in January according to the article you linked to. This thing with this woman has been going on for months, maybe years. It didn't start May 21. What you mean to say is that the city still isn't satisfied with the condition of her property, even in the current "after" condition.

If that were the "before" photo, she never would have been in trouble in the first place. But, now that she's in trouble, she has to do better, especially given that the current condition of her yard is unsustainable.

Mount Pleasant woman tangling with town again over yard condition | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

Email this to everyone you can.

This Charleston suburb, Mount Pleasant, a haven for snobby liberals, is about to arrest this woman, AGAIN, because they dont approve of how she decorated her yard.

No public safety hazard the 1st time, or 2nd time. A 100% appearance issue. The neighbors and local govt dont like how her yard "looks". That simple. Purely aesthetics.

She went to jail for 6 days last year for the same thing. Now, Big Govt is about to arrest her AGAIN.

What in the hell has our country come to?
:lol:

Republican Governor Nikki Haley.
Republican Senator Lindsey Graham.
Republican Senator Jim DeMint.
Republican Representative Tim Scott.
Republican Representative Joe Wilson.
Republican Representative Jeff Duncan.
Republican Representative Trey Gowdy.
Republican Representative Mulvaney.

And have voted consistently for Republican Presidents since 1980.

Yeah..that's a state chock full of liberals.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even for a human, you're very stupid. How am I a fascist? Fascists are authoritarians, and I'm very far from that. You hate me because I'm not a fascist.

You say those photos are from May 21. Yet, this woman went to jail in January according to the article you linked to. This thing with this woman has been going on for months, maybe years. It didn't start May 21. What you mean to say is that the city still isn't satisfied with the condition of her property, even in the current "after" condition.

If that were the "before" photo, she never would have been in trouble in the first place. But, now that she's in trouble, she has to do better, especially given that the current condition of her yard is unsustainable.
Not only do I say the photos are from May, 2012 the foliage says the photos are recent photos taken in warm weather. That is the condition of the property from the most recent complaint made by the snobby CON$ervoFascist neighbors.

There are no leaves on the tree in front of the house to the left of the bush in the older pictures linked to by others. They are older winter pictures and have nothing to do with the present 2012 complaint. the pictures I posted are the before photos, there are no after photos, as she said she will fight the complaint.

This Charleston suburb, Mount Pleasant, a haven for snobby liberals, is about to arrest this woman, AGAIN, because they dont approve of how she decorated her yard.

When I was in college we rented a house in a nice neighborhood during my senior year. We had an old boat in the front yard.

3 of the wealthiest families in town drafted a letter telling us the boat was ugly and hurt the value of the neighborhood.

We asserted our right to own and store a boat on a property that we were lawfully renting.

Then we got a visit by the cops, who were acting very servile to the powerful/wealthy families.

We discovered that "Government" is owned by the wealthy.

There are no real laws or rights. There are only wealthy people and the Washington puppets who work for them.

Son, the world is owned.

Last edited:
We had someone put a $4,000 putting green in their front yard. It didn't comply with city ordinances and was removed. Very nicely done, just not legal apparently.

<Shrugs>

Mount Pleasant woman tangling with town again over yard condition | The Post and Courier | Charleston SC, News, Sports, Entertainment

No public safety hazard the 1st time, or 2nd time. A 100% appearance issue. The neighbors and local govt dont like how her yard "looks". That simple. Purely aesthetics.

She went to jail for 6 days last year for the same thing. Now, Big Govt is about to arrest her AGAIN.

She should trim her bush.

Police will often try and get you to do what they want. If you question whether you actually have to do it, whether they have the legal ability to carry it out, they back down. If you know the law, things turn out okay.

Uh huh, lets put this woman in Prison with heinous murderers & rapists, for having an 'unattractive yard.' Seriously, get a bleepin grip you Goose Stepping morons.

Way down at the end of the article they say she collects scrap metal and other stuff to make ends meet. Who would want to live next to a junk collector? Is the scrap a hazard to kids? If you thinks this incident is bad wait until Barry's health plan clicks in and IRS agents start handcuffing people for failure to buy health insurance or the health cops start locking up people for eating junk food.

Way down at the end of the article they say she collects scrap metal and other stuff to make ends meet. Who would want to live next to a junk collector? Is the scrap a hazard to kids? If you thinks this incident is bad wait until Barry's health plan clicks in and IRS agents start handcuffing people for failure to buy health insurance or the health cops start locking up people for eating junk food.

I agree with the second half of your comment. The Mandate is Unconstitutional, and Un-American.

Uh huh, lets put this woman in Prison with heinous murderers & rapists, for having an 'unattractive yard.' Seriously, get a bleepin grip you Goose Stepping morons.

I don't know how her yard looked originally, but I'm very sure it looked like a real eyesore.

She chose to live close to others, in the city, so she has some responsibility to keep up the appearance of her home. No expense is required of her, other than occasionally mowing the lawn. All the city wanted is for her to get the junk out of her front yard. This is as simple as caring it to the back yard. Nothing oppressive. You don't want your neighbor's yard to look like an Afro lives there.

Apparently, she was even offered help, but she initially rejected it. It took some jail time to move her to reason. But, she still has a bit to go.

If she had moved to a community with a covenant, she might be required to water and mow her lawn weekly, to put wood shingles on her roof, etc. And, this would be reasonable, because she chose to live there.

Good for mount pleasant! :thup:

DAMN...... i wish a few more cities.....mine included.... would do that!!!

I would love to force owners and tenets to maintain their property!

No owner's piece of property in a community is independent of its obligations to other property owners.

Next, the Goose Steppers here will be calling for Big Brother to storm and seize her home too. Send her to Prison with brutal murderers & rapists and then seize her home. All for what? Having an 'unattractive yard?' My God, what has happened to my Nation? Looks like we've become a nation of Authority-Worshipping mutants. May God help us.

Forum List

Back