Govt about to arrest woman, for 2ND TIME, for unattractive yard!!!

Blaming this on Liberals. :lol: In South Carolina. :lol:

yep, leave it to Bucs, blaming the evil liberals....all it took was one very quick google to find out the town is Conservative...

Member Billy Swails

Mayor, Mount Pleasant South Carolina
billyswails.png
[FONT=&quot]Billy Swails is Mayor of Mt. Pleasant, SC a conservative and rapidly growing town across the river from Charleston. In addition to serving as Mayor, Swails has served as a member of the Charleston Area Regional Development Authority, the Patriot’s Point Development Authority, the Charleston County Transportation Committee, the Mount Pleasant Sertoma Club, the Mount Pleasant Rotary Club, and The Citadel Brigadier Club. Mayor Swails is a longtime resident and well-respected businessman in the community, owning a State Farm Insurance branch.[/FONT]

Let me play Devil's Advocate

-If the woman isn't hurting anyone, they should leave her alone....it is her property....

-This should not be a "gvt" issue, but an issue with her neighbors....settled outside of "big gvt"

-And her neighbors have every right to move somewhere else.

The gvt can not and should not be responsible for their citizen's home values going up or down. Her neighbors should not have bought in this woman's neighborhood...I am certain she has always had a junky yard, this probably is not something NEW for her and her yard...

Neighbors should have been neighborly when they saw the hording just beginning and helped her out back then....without reporting her to authorities...

-If the woman isn't hurting anyone, they should leave her alone....it is her property....

-This should not be a "gvt" issue, but an issue with her neighbors....settled outside of "big gvt"

The gvt can not and should not be responsible for their citizen's home values going up or down. Her neighbors should not have bought in this woman's neighborhood...I am certain she has always had a junky yard, this probably is not something NEW for her and her yard...

Neighbors should have been neighborly when they saw the hording just beginning and helped her out back then....without reporting her to authorities...

The woman IS hurting others by not caring - she's de-valued others property.

You're right, this shouldn't be a govt issue, but since the city had ordinances in place for this she should be following the rules. If she didn't like it, she should have found a home where it wouldn't have mattered. All cities have ordinances, and her yard was a major eyesore to everyone.

And this woman sounded to be pretty stubborn about it, especially when others DID offer to help. I don't think the neighbors offering to help her would have done any good, she didn't sound like she really cared and she probably would have told them to mind their own business. But, since the city did have rules in place for this, she was WRONG.

All of you that are arguing about her "rights" really surprises me. I usually agree with you guys about most things, but i can't about this. I'm definately not a liberal, i'm more conservative that a lot of people. But this woman has broken the rules, won't accept any help from others, and it seems she doesn't care that she goes to jail over it. She's basically saying F you to everyone else.

She never stepped foot on anyone elses property. IT IS NOT MY JOB, OR YOURS, OR HERS, OR THE FUCKING GOVERNMENTS TO GUARANTEE YOUR PROPERTY VALUES STAY UP. That is tyrannical fucking garbage. Fuck your property value. If I'm causing no harm to anyone, and not causing a public safety hazard, then it isn't your business. These people moved into a neighborhood with NO HOA, then whine when people dont comply with bullshit town ordinances. Where in the constitution did we grant the government (aka men with guns) the power to tell me how attractive I must keep my yard?

We the People have the right to tell Ms. Property Holder "keep your property picked up. Your right in property is not absolute." End of story, Buc90.

Goose Steppers have lost their minds. No rational sane individual would want to see this woman in Prison for an 'unattractive yard.' Get a grip Authority-Worshippers. SHEESH!

Last edited:
No...but a microcosm of Government gone too far...

IDIOT.

That's interesting. I would think that a Tenther like yourself should be clapping his hands. The Tenther philosophy demands that this kind of thing be supported, since it comes from the local government, whose power arises out of state grant.

Government intrusion is just that whether Federal/State/Local.

Therin YOU don't get it...and never will.

You're right, government intrusion is government intrusion. But the Tenther philosophy is that the federal government is restricted while state government is virtually unlimited. That's why you continually excuse intrusion by state government in order to justify claims of the federal government allegedly acting unconstitutionally. Insurance mandates, for example. The government forces you to buy car insurance, but since that's the state government that's A-okay. It all just goes to show that the entire Tenther perspective is a load of crap.

They dont care about those yards in the bad parts of town either. Its only in the snobbish liberal havens that they want men with guns to lock up their neighbor for having.....GASP.......dared to harm their property values.

Funny. Liberals hate wealth and profit for others, but will have you arrested if you dare threaten THEIR precious property values!

You sure that's not the assholish conservative part of town tryin gto keep their property value as high as possible? Do you know the politcal affilation of those who have complained?

This has nothing to do with big govt. It has to do with small govt. Like city ordinances. What you propose is that people cannot order their own affairs democratically. Once they do, that order become big govt. It doesn't. The government's job, and its only job, is to protect property rights. Even at the local level. A city really is responsible for home values, which is why city governments don't permit situations to get out of hand and destroy those values.

What's the point of that picture of a junky yard? You do have some intelligence, don't you. You know that's the "after" picture of "before and after".
BULLSHIT!

There is no "after" picture because she refuses to clean up. that is why she has been threatened with jail.

Woman in Trouble Again for Untidy Yard - Mount Pleasant, SC Patch

Mount Pleasant asked Linda Ruggles to make the improvements in March, but there has been no change, officials say. She faces a June 4 deadline to make improvements or face a ticket.

That person, by not caring and letting her home become a pig sty, IS hurting my chance of selling my home for what it should be worth...or at least at what is owed. I just like some of you that could care less about others as long as you get to do what you want.

Well it sounds like some of you...as long as you get what you want and do whatever you want, you couldn't care less if your hurting someone else by your actions. If i can't sell my home because of your non-caring, then yes...you're hurting ME. Where's my RIGHT?
I'm sure these people wouldn't mind a bit if such a pig were to move in right next door to them.

The woman sounds unstable. Her refusal to accept free help from officials who bent over backward to assist her and her complaint that she's being prosecuted by the "town enforcement officer" tells me she's loopy as hell.

Of course. Because anyone who dares to disagree with Big Brother, must be 'loopy as hell.' Big Brother knows what's best for us. He would never lie to us. He loves us. Man, you Goose Steppers are the ones who sound loopy as hell.

Well I tell ya, your version of Big Brother is a pussy. Why offer this lady help numerous times when they have an order to fine her or jail her. A real Big Brother_Globalist would have lock her up, then confiscate her property. Sell it and put the money in the public coffers.

We must have gotten Libo_Pauli's Big_Globullist_Gubment from Sears or something........

[
This has nothing to do with big govt. It has to do with small govt. Like city ordinances. What you propose is that people cannot order their own affairs democratically. Once they do, that order become big govt. It doesn't. The government's job, and its only job, is to protect property rights. Even at the local level. A city really is responsible for home values, which is why city governments don't permit situations to get out of hand and destroy those values.

Wow, that's a new take on rightwing 'property rights'. What happened to the old view, where a person's rights to do with their property what they wanted (within reason) and NOT be subject to any government coming in and telling them this and that,

for the 'common good'?

That's true....once the value of your home decreases, the city is going to get less in taxes. The higher they can keep your value, the more taxes they can collect....
If the value goes down (because of having people like this woman next door) then the city doesn't get as much in taxes.

[

Wow, that's a new take on rightwing 'property rights'. What happened to the old view, where a person's rights to do with their property what they wanted (within reason) and NOT be subject to any government coming in and telling them this and that,

for the 'common good'?

It's freedom, it's not license, it's not anarchy, it's called freedom and with freedom comes responsibility. A group of local people organize themselves into a city and establish rules, ordinances, that protect the property rights of all. This is an exercise of their freedom to establish rules to order their little insular society. They respect one another's freedom to conduct their lives according to their own desires as long as that desire does not infringe on another's property rights or values. This woman does not have the freedom to arbitrarily lower the values of her neighbor's property just because she feels like it. Her responsibilty is to respect her neighbor's need to preserve their own property values. She has violated that responsibility and violated the rules that the majority have put in place to protect one another from individuals like her!

The resolution of the matter might be for the neighbors to have their own property reappraised and sue her directly for the dimunition in value of their homes, forclose on her property, fix it up and sell it.

The resolution of the matter might be for the neighbors to have their own property reappraised and sue her directly for the dimunition in value of their homes, forclose on her property, fix it up and sell it.
Gee, what a surprise, NOT! The anti-tort people when it comes to your health are pro-tort when it involves property.

What's the point of that picture of a junky yard? You do have some intelligence, don't you. You know that's the "after" picture of "before and after".
BULLSHIT!

There is no "after" picture because she refuses to clean up. that is why she has been threatened with jail.

Mount Pleasant asked Linda Ruggles to make the improvements in March, but there has been no change, officials say. She faces a June 4 deadline to make improvements or face a ticket.

I realize you're a moron because you're only human. But, doesn't your human brain give you enough commonsense to realize that if she was first told to clean up her yard in January that she might have attempted to do so? And, maybe your merely human brain can't understand that others have attempted to help her, before that photo was taken.

For example, look at the roof in your picture. How pretty. In a "before" photo, she had a crappy roof and piles of shingles that she couldn't afford to have installed on the roof. After she got in trouble, a roofer came and did it for free. Her yard trash has been picked up. Her yard had been manicured. Etc.

What is it with humans and their tiny brains? Look at the potted plants in the middle of the yard. Notice how they're just collected together, sitting in the grass. That's a reflection of someone's very temporary effort to organize the yard. None of those pots have been there for very long. And, they can't stay there.

See the trailer that was used to haul off a lot of junk?

BULLSHIT!

I realize you're a moron because you're only human. But, doesn't your human brain give you enough commonsense to realize that if she was first told to clean up her yard in January that she might have attempted to do so? And, maybe your merely human brain can't understand that others have attempted to help her, before that photo was taken.

For example, look at the roof in your picture. How pretty. In a "before" photo, she had a crappy roof and piles of shingles that she couldn't afford to have installed on the roof. After she got in trouble, a roofer came and did it for free. Her yard trash has been picked up. Her yard had been manicured. Etc.

What is it with humans and their tiny brains? Look at the potted plants in the middle of the yard. Notice how they're just collected together, sitting in the grass. That's a reflection of someone's very temporary effort to organize the yard. None of those pots have been there for very long. And, they can't stay there.

See the trailer that was used to haul off a lot of junk?

Look at my post 118....i have a link to a page that has a few more pictures. I believe these are recent.

Forum List

Back