"Governor signs bill mandating sex ed in schools across California"

That is true. Even my high school biology class failed in those regards. I had a hard, and I do emphasize the word "hard" enough time with the mini-skirts and the tight sweaters.
You surely must have been a late bloomer, or more likely, you didn't know what the hell to do with it. We pretty much had it figured out by halfway through the first six weeks of 7th grade.

Well, I learned quite a bit when I was twelve from a fourteen year old girl down the road from me.

That makes you a rapist! Are you proud to be one?

Of course it does. Two under-aged kids. You need to read the law.

The law has changed. Once upon a time, when the moron I called a rapist was a teen, only the male child was charged with statutory rape. Today both children are charged.

Nice try, too bad your ignorance has been exposed to those of us informed. In fact when he committed that act he bragged about, he was a rapist.

I wasn't a teen fool. I was twelve. She was fourteen. Both under-age.

Well make it a choice than... Indoctrination is second nature to any government.
The good parents can do their duty and enthusiastically will, the bad parents can let some stranger indoctrinate their kids.

But, make it a choice for gods sake.

So parents teach kids and it's okay, schools teach the same thing and it's indoctrination. Hmmm.

But then again even if it's indoctrination (it's not usually) they're less likely to get STDs and be teenage parents. I'd say that kind of indoctrination is worth it, wouldn't you?

If you read the OP it says parents do have the choice.

Firstly, they have the choice to not send their kids to school.
Secondly they have the choice to take them out of sex ed.

Is that not enough choice for you?
There again, it should be a choice. Mandatory and choice are two different words, is that hard for you?

If the parents what the school to do the parenting, fine.
But, good parents want that responsibility all their own and want just basics taught and leave it at that.
And don't want do gooder teachers, schools and politicians meddling in their duty.

I agree. It appears to me that all these folks want is the government to everything for them and assume all their personal responsibilities for them.

Rubbish. All people want is a decent education for all. Not a "you won't get STDs if you're lucky and your parents are one of the few parents who actually teach their kids about sex".

You seem to think that all education should be carried out by the parents. You're going back to the 1800s here. We're way beyond that in terms of development, well, I should say MANY people are way beyond that, some people need to move to Amish country.
The fact remains, teachers make for really sh!tty parents of other people's kids.

Lazy parents = misbehaved kids

But then again we're not talking about teachers becoming parents for other kids. We're talking about teachers educating kids.

Now, we do know that teachers telling kids about sex ed is far more effective than leaving it to the parents to do. This is a FACT.

Also, lazy parents will always exist. So you're not offering a solution, you seem to be talking about a potential utopia that could happen if many humans weren't lazy. But some are lazy. So what you going to do about it? Just point fingers and say they're lazy while their kids get STDs and kids? And become lazy parents whose children get STDs and are teenage parents?

So parents teach kids and it's okay, schools teach the same thing and it's indoctrination. Hmmm.

But then again even if it's indoctrination (it's not usually) they're less likely to get STDs and be teenage parents. I'd say that kind of indoctrination is worth it, wouldn't you?

If you read the OP it says parents do have the choice.

Firstly, they have the choice to not send their kids to school.
Secondly they have the choice to take them out of sex ed.

Is that not enough choice for you?
There again, it should be a choice. Mandatory and choice are two different words, is that hard for you?

But, good parents want that responsibility all their own and want just basics taught and leave it at that.
And don't want do gooder teachers, schools and politicians meddling in their duty.

I agree. It appears to me that all these folks want is the government to everything for them and assume all their personal responsibilities for them.

Rubbish. All people want is a decent education for all. Not a "you won't get STDs if you're lucky and your parents are one of the few parents who actually teach their kids about sex".

You seem to think that all education should be carried out by the parents. You're going back to the 1800s here. We're way beyond that in terms of development, well, I should say MANY people are way beyond that, some people need to move to Amish country.
The fact remains, teachers make for really sh!tty parents of other people's kids.

But then again we're not talking about teachers becoming parents for other kids. We're talking about teachers educating kids.

Now, we do know that teachers telling kids about sex ed is far more effective than leaving it to the parents to do. This is a FACT.

Also, lazy parents will always exist. So you're not offering a solution, you seem to be talking about a potential utopia that could happen if many humans weren't lazy. But some are lazy. So what you going to do about it? Just point fingers and say they're lazy while their kids get STDs and kids? And become lazy parents whose children get STDs and are teenage parents?
Lazy is lazy... No excuses.

We're not looking for excuses. We're looking for solutions in how to educated their kids. Do you not get it?

We're not looking for excuses. We're looking for solutions in how to educated their kids. Do you not get it?
It's easy...
Teachers do your job and teach the basics(reading, writing and arithmetic).
Parents don't be lazy doing your job(raising your kids to be a responsible member of family, there for not being LIABILITYS to society)

Simple as that... Priorities

It's easy...
Parents don't be lazy doing your job(raising your kids to be a responsible member of family, there for not being LIABILITYS to society)

Welcome to the 1800s. You're clearly living so far in the past I wonder how the hell you're using the internet.

In the modern world the US is competing with kids from China who spend 16 hours a day studying, their holidays are full of extra classes. They're not going to be taking manufacturing jobs in the future, they're going to be taking the high paid jobs in the future.
Without education that teaches kids the skills they need to live in the real world, to become skilled, and also to become decent adults, like sex education, food education etc, the US is going to be third world within two generations.

And here's you talking like some puritanical person with little to no education, saying how evil education is in the world.

Luckily you're not in charge of education, unfortunately there are too many people like you for education to really meet the needs of the modern world. Down the toilet goes the USA because it will never be able to fight for the things that are necessary in life.

You want simple. I get it, you can't do more than simple. But other people can, and should be aiming higher than being able to spell their fucking name.

It's easy...

Welcome to the 1800s. You're clearly living so far in the past I wonder how the hell you're using the internet.

In the modern world the US is competing with kids from China who spend 16 hours a day studying, their holidays are full of extra classes. They're not going to be taking manufacturing jobs in the future, they're going to be taking the high paid jobs in the future.
Without education that teaches kids the skills they need to live in the real world, to become skilled, and also to become decent adults, like sex education, food education etc, the US is going to be third world within two generations.

And here's you talking like some puritanical person with little to no education, saying how evil education is in the world.

Luckily you're not in charge of education, unfortunately there are too many people like you for education to really meet the needs of the modern world. Down the toilet goes the USA because it will never be able to fight for the things that are necessary in life.

You want simple. I get it, you can't do more than simple. But other people can, and should be aiming higher than being able to spell their fucking name.
Lazy parents and teachers are why the American kids are lagging... They can't do even the basics.
How to be a tranny does not help our world ranking...

Governor signs bill mandating sex ed in schools across California
The new law combines the previously required curriculum on HIV/AIDS prevention and sex education into one required set of knowledge and skills kids should be taught before the end of eighth grade, and one they should be taught before the end of high school.
“Our schools are a critical environment for providing young people with the knowledge and skills that they will need to protect their sexual health,” said the bill’s author, Assemblywoman Shirley Weber, D-San Diego, in a statement. “This is about empowering all young men and women — whatever their orientation or gender — to make the healthiest decisions possible.”

Does that include the instruction that the anus and colon are lower parts of the digestive tract and not sexual organs? And that the colon has a direct interface with the bloodstream where large particles like viruses have no barrier whatsoever or bodily defense from moving right across that permeable membrane directly into the bloodstream?

Does it include that nobody should ever stick anything in the anus or colon, most especially not a penis with HIV infected semen, condom (which break during rough sex like anal sex) or not?
Dang you just ruined all the fun for some...

You surely must have been a late bloomer, or more likely, you didn't know what the hell to do with it. We pretty much had it figured out by halfway through the first six weeks of 7th grade.

Well, I learned quite a bit when I was twelve from a fourteen year old girl down the road from me.

That makes you a rapist! Are you proud to be one?

Of course it does. Two under-aged kids. You need to read the law.

The law has changed. Once upon a time, when the moron I called a rapist was a teen, only the male child was charged with statutory rape. Today both children are charged.

Nice try, too bad your ignorance has been exposed to those of us informed. In fact when he committed that act he bragged about, he was a rapist.

I wasn't a teen fool. I was twelve. She was fourteen. Both under-age.

I suspect you were a teen fool, and an adult fool too.

Sex education which teaches abstinence is the most successful type of sex education, which reduces STDs, teenage pregnancies etc.

Abstinence only programs are the least successful, they lead to the highest levels of STDs and teenage pregnancies.

Well, the whole responsibility thing has shifted. Back in my day it was the male's responsibility to take care of things. All boys back then carried a condom in their wallets. If one failed in his responsibility, marriage was the alternative. There were few marriages because condoms cost from twenty-five cents each to fifty cents each. Today, it appears to be the female's responsibility and even with free condoms and contraceptives, the female is not enforcing the male to use a condom.

Well, it's about education. Back in the day people were worried about having a kid. In the modern world less so because that social stigma isn't so great as it was.

Education before was about fear. With that gone you have to make education about knowledge.

No. There was little education. The emphasis was on responsibility. That's where the emphasis should still be placed.

What I mean by education is how people learned. People learned to be responsible because the impact would have been much higher than now. Now people are able to be more free because life is more free than it used to be. Therefore responsibility means less than it did back then.

This is a problem. But it doesn't just go away by saying "young people need to be more responsible", the right often just use these sorts of things as reasons to do nothing.

Sex ed in schools is now an extremely important thing to learn, in order to be decent functioning adults.

Even then..... I know a guy who's doing a PhD in some biological thing, and he managed to get himself an STD even after having had sex ed.
What a way to learn;

39 million people
Standards.
HIV/AIDS. Global situation and trends: Since the beginning of the epidemic, almost 78 million people have been infected with the HIV virus and about 39 million people have died of HIV. Globally, 35.0 million [33.2–37.2 million] people were living with HIV at the end of 2013.
WHO | HIV/AIDS
www.who.int/gho/hiv/en/World Health Organization

It's easy...

Lazy parents and teachers are why the American kids are lagging... They can't do even the basics.

Lazy parents, lazy teachers, lazy politicians, basically no one is willing to do what is required.

Ever wondered why all great Empires went downhill? People get comfortable with their lives, they start to enjoy having free time. Clever countries work within this, stupid ones just say there's a problem and do nothing.

Sex education which teaches abstinence is the most successful type of sex education, which reduces STDs, teenage pregnancies etc.

Abstinence only programs are the least successful, they lead to the highest levels of STDs and teenage pregnancies.

Well, the whole responsibility thing has shifted. Back in my day it was the male's responsibility to take care of things. All boys back then carried a condom in their wallets. If one failed in his responsibility, marriage was the alternative. There were few marriages because condoms cost from twenty-five cents each to fifty cents each. Today, it appears to be the female's responsibility and even with free condoms and contraceptives, the female is not enforcing the male to use a condom.

Well, it's about education. Back in the day people were worried about having a kid. In the modern world less so because that social stigma isn't so great as it was.

Education before was about fear. With that gone you have to make education about knowledge.

No. There was little education. The emphasis was on responsibility. That's where the emphasis should still be placed.

What I mean by education is how people learned. People learned to be responsible because the impact would have been much higher than now. Now people are able to be more free because life is more free than it used to be. Therefore responsibility means less than it did back then.

This is a problem. But it doesn't just go away by saying "young people need to be more responsible", the right often just use these sorts of things as reasons to do nothing.

Sex ed in schools is now an extremely important thing to learn, in order to be decent functioning adults.

Even then..... I know a guy who's doing a PhD in some biological thing, and he managed to get himself an STD even after having had sex ed.
What a way to learn;

39 million people
Standards.
HIV/AIDS. Global situation and trends: Since the beginning of the epidemic, almost 78 million people have been infected with the HIV virus and about 39 million people have died of HIV. Globally, 35.0 million [33.2–37.2 million] people were living with HIV at the end of 2013.
WHO | HIV/AIDS

Yeah, would have been better had they been EDUCATED IN SCHOOL.

It's easy...

Lazy parents, lazy teachers, lazy politicians, basically no one is willing to do what is required.

Ever wondered why all great Empires went downhill? People get comfortable with their lives, they start to enjoy having free time. Clever countries work within this, stupid ones just say there's a problem and do nothing.
Agreed

It's easy...

Agreed

So the question is, how do you reduce STDs and teenage pregnancies working within the framework of lazy people?

How about one way which is proven to be to work. SEX EDUCATION IN SCHOOLS.

What a way to learn;

39 million people
Standards.
WHO | HIV/AIDS

You can't educate stupid and morals are the responsibility of parents; so in other words the next generation has it tough.

What a way to learn;

39 million people
Standards.
WHO | HIV/AIDS

You can't educate stupid and morals are the responsibility of parents; so in other words the next generation has it tough.

Some of what you've written doesn't make sense.

"You can't educate stupid"????

What?

As for morals being the responsibility of parents, this is rubbish. Morals have ALWAYS been a society based thing. Yes, morals start at home, but they are often taught in schools. You learn rights and things like that from the people around you.

But, if people like you with such a weird attitude to education take control, the US will be really fucked.

It's easy...

Agreed

So the question is, how do you reduce STDs and teenage pregnancies working within the framework of lazy people?

Let planned parenthood deal with the diseased, they say they what help the hopeless.
Just find someone other than the taxpayer to pay for lazy uneducated deadbeats.

They have an word for what goes around comes around, karma

What a way to learn;

39 million people
Standards.
WHO | HIV/AIDS

Some of what you've written doesn't make sense.

"You can't educate stupid"????

What?

As for morals being the responsibility of parents, this is rubbish. Morals have ALWAYS been a society based thing. Yes, morals start at home, but they are often taught in schools. You learn rights and things like that from the people around you.

But, if people like you with such a weird attitude to education take control, the US will be really fucked.
A self proclaimed weirdo calls out 'people like you',:lmao: .

Agreed

Let planned parenthood deal with the diseased, they say they what help the hopeless.
Just find someone other than the taxpayer to pay for lazy uneducated deadbeats.

They have an word for what goes around comes around, karma

You don't understand how society works. The US is going downhill because of this selfishness of people who have this idea that they don't have to give any responsibility to the country.

Forum List

Back