Government Can Take Your Money – Without Charges

Who buys a new tractor of 47K and pays cash for it? More curiously...why would anyone risk carrying AND losing 47K to buy a new tractor when you can carry a check, a debit card, or a cashiers check?

Sure...you can say...."its my money and I can spend it on what I want and in anyway I want"...I get it.

But that does not explain to me why one would risk losing it (and not being able to replace it) as opposed to using a check, a debit card, or a cashier check...all a no risk way to spend the money

because it's likely he couldn't deposit the funds through legitimate channels... if gets cash and don't pay taxes on it... that's when you buy things for $47,000 in cash.

Actually, that's not it at all. I have direct deposit for two pensions. I leave about $1,000 in my checking and the rest resides at my residence in my safe. I PROMISE you - it's absolutely safe.

When I worked (before I retired) I operated in the same manner. My Wife does likewise. I have never bought into turning my assets over to a bank. Don't trust them now and will NEVER trust them.

Not safe if your house burns down...leaving you penniless.

Been doing it the same way for nearly 50 years. never been robbed, never had my house burn to the ground, never had occasion to worry.

what is being ignored here is the fact that he was carrying all of that cash. We have strict laws where if, in fact, you are engaged in a cash transaction of 10K or more, it must be reported to the IRS. If you deduct 10K or more from your personal/business account, the bank will ask you what it is for and report it to the IRS.
It is a way to prevent washing of money and also a way to prevent unrecorded cash transactions.

Now, in a day where we have ATM's, bank branches all over the country, internet banking, internet purchasing, paypal as well as the traditional paper check....why would anyone carry 16K in cash?
Yeah...and that is another bullshit example of government intrusion on our lives.
It is no one's business how much or little in cash we carry.
And these laws are not enforced on foreign tourists who tend to carry large amounts of cash while on vacation here in the states.

what is being ignored here is the fact that he was carrying all of that cash. We have strict laws where if, in fact, you are engaged in a cash transaction of 10K or more, it must be reported to the IRS. If you deduct 10K or more from your personal/business account, the bank will ask you what it is for and report it to the IRS.
It is a way to prevent washing of money and also a way to prevent unrecorded cash transactions.

Now, in a day where we have ATM's, bank branches all over the country, internet banking, internet purchasing, paypal as well as the traditional paper check....why would anyone carry 16K in cash?
If they asked me what it is for, I'd tell them "it's for pussy and beer. Got any other stupid fuckin questions?"

Who buys a new tractor of 47K and pays cash for it? More curiously...why would anyone risk carrying AND losing 47K to buy a new tractor when you can carry a check, a debit card, or a cashiers check?

Sure...you can say...."its my money and I can spend it on what I want and in anyway I want"...I get it.

But that does not explain to me why one would risk losing it (and not being able to replace it) as opposed to using a check, a debit card, or a cashier check...all a no risk way to spend the money

because it's likely he couldn't deposit the funds through legitimate channels... if gets cash and don't pay taxes on it... that's when you buy things for $47,000 in cash.

Actually, that's not it at all. I have direct deposit for two pensions. I leave about $1,000 in my checking and the rest resides at my residence in my safe. I PROMISE you - it's absolutely safe.

When I worked (before I retired) I operated in the same manner. My Wife does likewise. I have never bought into turning my assets over to a bank. Don't trust them now and will NEVER trust them.

A good safe is impervious to fire up to 2000* F......Now unless a volatile accelerant such as kerosene or some such is used, the safe and contents will be fine.
Banks suck. If I did not have to have a checking account to pay bills, I'd never patronize a bank....

If one is traveling, never never admit to a cop you are carrying anything but pocket cash.....And I would not even answer the question.
I would simply reply with " not relevant" to a traffic stop"....

A good safe is impervious to fire up to 2000* F......Now unless a volatile accelerant such as kerosene or some such is used, the safe and contents will be fine.
Banks suck. If I did not have to have a checking account to pay bills, I'd never patronize a bank....

Indeed. Banks suck. I would STILL trust myself (and my safeguards) to a bank any day of the week and twice on Sunday. What the hell do banks REALLY have to offer? A debit card? a Credit card? A Savings account that offers $.01% interest? Debit cards and credit cards are hacked every day. Banks lose millions of dollars every year to Chinese hackers.

No thanks.

If one is traveling, never never admit to a cop you are carrying anything but pocket cash.....And I would not even answer the question.
I would simply reply with " not relevant" to a traffic stop"....

I spent 5 years at the American Embassy in Moscow. Those people love their country - as we love ours. They (unfortunately) watched as the "State" began "taking care" of them. It required them giving up personal freedoms in order to be "safe". It required them bowing to the government for their livelihoods. They had to justify any trip outside their working radius. They were routinely stopped and "checked". They were required (upon order) to produce paperwork proving who they were and what their business was. God forbid that they- the "state" decided that you were a criminal. You would be rounded up, in the middle of the night, and shipped off to prison - often without trial (as was promised in their Constitution). Their "elections" were a joke - hard to decide when you only have one choice, right? Politicians were filthy rich and lived the high life while the "people" stood in bread lines - begging for a stale loaf of bread.

Sound familiar? If not - hang on. It's coming.

Indeed. Banks suck. I would STILL trust myself (and my safeguards) to a bank any day of the week and twice on Sunday. What the hell do banks REALLY have to offer? A debit card? a Credit card? A Savings account that offers $.01% interest? Debit cards and credit cards are hacked every day. Banks lose millions of dollars every year to Chinese hackers.

No thanks.
Banks offer FDIC insurance for your funds...the ability to buy on line without having to use a credit card...the ability to write a check when you need to...the ability to use a debit card when you have no cash on you...the ability to get cash when the banks are closed...or in your case, the ability to get cash without having to go home....
Hey, look...do as you please...but I am sure more people have lost their money doing it your way than have lost their money by keeping it in the bank.

No thanks.
Banks offer FDIC insurance for your funds...the ability to buy on line without having to use a credit card...the ability to write a check when you need to...the ability to use a debit card when you have no cash on you...the ability to get cash when the banks are closed...or in your case, the ability to get cash without having to go home....
Hey, look...do as you please...but I am sure more people have lost their money doing it your way than have lost their money by keeping it in the bank.

You may be right. However, here's the deal...if I wake up tomorrow and my cash is gone - I have no one to blame but myself. If you wake up tomorrow and the banks have all gone belly up - oh well......

It's coming partner. Sooner, rather than later. or as my Master Gunney Brother used to tell me constantly when we were kids - get your ass ready and you won't let your head down.

No thanks.

You may be right. However, here's the deal...if I wake up tomorrow and my cash is gone - I have no one to blame but myself. If you wake up tomorrow and the banks have all gone belly up - oh well......

It's coming partner. Sooner, rather than later. or as my Master Gunney Brother used to tell me constantly when we were kids - get your ass ready and you won't let your head down.
if the banks all go belly up, your money wont be worth anything. If a few banks go belly up, FDIC will cover it.

No thanks.

if the banks all go belly up, your money wont be worth anything. If a few banks go belly up, FDIC will cover it.

Well, sir, that's a chance I'm willing to take.

No thanks.

Well, sir, that's a chance I'm willing to take.
what if you were on that train with the 47K heading to the John Deere dealership? You would have lost it all if they searched you.

No thanks.

He pointed out that your deposits are insured.

You sound ridiculous.

No thanks.

You sound ridiculous.

His money, his risk, his choice.

No thanks.

You sound ridiculous.

Question for you.....Did I ask you? You want to play the "good citizen" - go for it. One day (soon) you will wake up to find that your money is gone. You have been warned. FDIC - yeah right.

No thanks.

You sound ridiculous.

Thank you! You have to love the left - damned sure that they know what is best for me. I OWN 260 acres in God's country. Paid cash for it. Everything I do - I pay in cash. Credit card debt? Hell no. If I don't have the cash for a purchase - I wait until I do. It has served me well for the past (nearly) 60 years. I don't mess with what works.

No thanks.

You sound ridiculous.

Thank you! You have to love the left - damned sure that they know what is best for me. I OWN 260 acres in God's country. Paid cash for it. Everything I do - I pay in cash. Credit card debt? Hell no. If I don't have the cash for a purchase - I wait until I do. It has served me well for the past (nearly) 60 years. I don't mess with what works.

That is a perfectly valid lifestyle, and you should not have to worry about some local police department supplementing their toy budget by confiscating your money.

Everything about civil forfeiture is fucking disgusting and the practice needs to end yesterday.

I cant fathom how anyone can defend such an asinine process.

You sound ridiculous.

That is a perfectly valid lifestyle, and you should not have to worry about some local police department supplementing their toy budget by confiscating your money.

I don't worry about the Sheriff. He's a long time friend. it's urban police forces that you have to keep your eye on.

Forum List

Back