Government Can Take Your Money – Without Charges

I don't worry about the Sheriff. He's a long time friend. it's urban police forces that you have to keep your eye on.

Local law rarely is a problem for locals, at least in small towns. But I don't live in your town and wouldn't trust your sheriff not to rob me. Too many departments are treating this as a revenue source.

Where I live the police - in full swat gear - broke in on a peaceful poker game. It was high stakes, but the players could afford it. They confiscated about $70,000 and the excuse they gave to the press was while the players were peaceful and unarmed (thus the need for swat) the games were sometimes robbed. Which was true, it was robbed that very night. The police then returned half the money and kept the other half. No court order on that. They just decided to keep half. And that was legal.

Armed robbery should not be legal, no matter what the robbers are wearing.

Was the house taking a cut? Usually poker games aren't considered "gambling" because you are not playing against the house.

In NYC, as long as the place hosting only charges for the table (a flat fee usually) its 100% legal.

I'm not disputing it was an illegal game. That's not the issue. The police, on their own, just decided to take a piece of the action.

you should look up the laws on forfeiture. whether you agree with those laws or not. perhaps it will explain what you seem not to understand.
which laws on "forfeiture" are those? We Only have eminent domain in our supreme law of the land; public policy must constitute public use.

we live in a common law country. our LAWS are comprised of the constitution, caselaw and statute.

you're welcome.

Didn't know this? Well, here's a story of a guy riding a train west, During a stop at the Amtrack station in Albuquerque, NM, DEA agents stopped a man and confiscated the $16,000 he was carrying. They left him penniless and he wasn't even detained.

A DEA agent boarded the train at the Albuquerque Amtrak station and began asking various passengers, including Rivers, where they were going and why. When Rivers replied that he was headed to LA to make a music video, the agent asked to search his bags. Rivers complied.

Rivers was the only passenger singled out for a search by DEA agents – and the only black person on his portion of the train, Pancer said.

Rivers was left penniless, his dream deferred

How long can this continue? When is someone going to stand up and put a stop to this?

Read more @ Prison Planet.com The DEA Strikes Again Agents Seize Man s Life Savings Under Civil Asset Forfeiture Without Charges with links.

Prison Planet.com is the website we use to identify retards and nutters. (Those who post it as a source)

It is why some on the left are willing to argue, that there can be no War on Drugs without wartime tax rates to prove that exigency exists.

want to restate that in english?
it is in English; you merely need a clue and a Cause.

no. poor sentence structure and bizarre statements do not constitute comprehensible communication.

perhaps an education would help you communicate better.

I know we disagree on a lot, but a warning: Danielpalos is either a really really annoying troll, or a blithering idiot who makes up things to sound smart.

Get involved in a discussion with him at your own risk.

Why anyone would carry that much money in cash is beyond my understanding. Why they would do it without a GUN to defend it with (either from the police or a potential thief) is utter insanity so far as I'm concerned.

Why anyone would carry that much money in cash is beyond my understanding. Why they would do it without a GUN to defend it with (either from the police or a potential thief) is utter insanity so far as I'm concerned.

You are suggesting people engage in a gun fight with police?

Here's how thus would go down with me.....

Officer: We're confiscating this $1.00 from you.

Me: What are you charging me with?

Officer: Nothing.

Me: You've got three options..... Give me my money back, charge me with a crime, or be prepared for me to COMMIT a crime at your expense.

Me: You've got three options..... Give me my money back, charge me with a crime, or be prepared for me to COMMIT a crime at your expense.

Sure it would.

Local law rarely is a problem for locals, at least in small towns. But I don't live in your town and wouldn't trust your sheriff not to rob me. Too many departments are treating this as a revenue source.

Where I live the police - in full swat gear - broke in on a peaceful poker game. It was high stakes, but the players could afford it. They confiscated about $70,000 and the excuse they gave to the press was while the players were peaceful and unarmed (thus the need for swat) the games were sometimes robbed. Which was true, it was robbed that very night. The police then returned half the money and kept the other half. No court order on that. They just decided to keep half. And that was legal.

Armed robbery should not be legal, no matter what the robbers are wearing.

Was the house taking a cut? Usually poker games aren't considered "gambling" because you are not playing against the house.

In NYC, as long as the place hosting only charges for the table (a flat fee usually) its 100% legal.

I'm not disputing it was an illegal game. That's not the issue. The police, on their own, just decided to take a piece of the action.

you should look up the laws on forfeiture. whether you agree with those laws or not. perhaps it will explain what you seem not to understand.
which laws on "forfeiture" are those? We Only have eminent domain in our supreme law of the land; public policy must constitute public use.

we live in a common law country. our LAWS are comprised of the constitution, caselaw and statute.

you're welcome.
nothing but diversion; i get it; Only one body of laws is the most supreme in Any conflict of laws.

It is why some on the left are willing to argue, that there can be no War on Drugs without wartime tax rates to prove that exigency exists.

no. poor sentence structure and bizarre statements do not constitute comprehensible communication.

nope; it merely indicates you are probably just a shill.

I know we disagree on a lot, but a warning: Danielpalos is either a really really annoying troll, or a blithering idiot who makes up things to sound smart.

only fullers of fallacy, say that.

Stop wasting oxygen that can be put to better use by others.

Stop wasting oxygen that can be put to better use by others.
thanks for proving me right :p

see, you and I disagree, but we've always been respectful to each other.

you're clearly right about him. what a waste of bandwith...

and air.

Then you are shredded in a hail of about 200 shots, at least six of which actually hit you.

And the sooner the better!

Forum List

Back