Gov. Snyder (R-MI) Asks Feds To Foot The Bill For Flint

Ironically, while the RWnuts are trying to pin this on the EPA for not doing enough,

these same nuts come right out of the crowd that thinks there should be no EPA.

This just proves why there should be a epa and that epa should be allowed to do its job. Certainly we have disagreements but overall we're better off for the epa and the regulations.

The elephant in the room is the EPA's negligence is part of the Flint problem. Try again

Heads have already rolled at the EPA. Why is Snyder's head still intact?

Stop your god damn lying, she was allowed to resign. That was it. No heads rolled.

Who's stopping Snyder from resigning?

Why should he? He was lied to. The DHHS and MEQ and the EPA all lied.

"January 2015

Detroit’s water system offers to reconnect to Flint, waiving a $4 million connection fee. Three weeks later, Flint’s state-appointed emergency manager, Jerry Ambrose, declines the offer."

That was AFTER problems had already been encountered. Snyder's man could have ended the problem there. Period.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/21/us/flint-lead-water-timeline.html

He was being lied to by DHHS AND DEQ. They were fabricating data that the water was safe. All the way up to the feds. Virginia Tech had to sue via FOIA to get the data. They were the ones that busted this wide open.

Don't even try to fuck with me on this Carb. I do really know what I'm talking about here. And what we need is an environmental Jihadi John to start chopping heads. The EPA knew and didn't do jack shit.

"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s top Midwest official said her department knew as early as April about the lack of corrosion controls in Flint’s water supply — a situation that likely put residents at risk for lead contamination — but said her hands were tied in bringing the information to the public.

Starting with inquiries made in February, the federal agency battled Michigan’s Department of Environmental Quality behind the scenes for at least six months over whether Flint needed to use chemical treatments to keep lead lines and plumbing connections from leaching into drinking water. The EPA did not publicize its concern that Flint residents’ health was jeopardized by the state’s insistence that such controls were not required by law.

Instead of moving quickly to verify the concerns or take preventative measures, federal officials opted to prod the DEQ to act, EPA Region 5 Administrator Susan Hedman told The Detroit News this week. Hedman said she sought a legal opinion on whether the EPA could force action, but it wasn’t completed until November."

EPA stayed silent on Flint’s tainted water

Ironically, while the RWnuts are trying to pin this on the EPA for not doing enough,

Nixon gave us the EPA by the way. It was a great idea at the time. But it has become this behemoth that is out of control and does nothing but feed itself. Look at this insanity in Flint.

They knew the lead levels were thru the roof but they didnt do a damn thing. Jack shit. They fucking did jack shit. Meanwhile they are trying to figure out a way to charge farmers for cow farts to stop global warming.

Oh and trying to pin this on the EPA? Are you insane? The EPA knew in February 2015 did nothing and I and others are being meanies trying to pin it on the EPA?

Nixon gave us the EPA by the way. It was a great idea at the time. But it has become this behemoth that is out of control and does nothing but feed itself. Look at this insanity in Flint.

They knew the lead levels were thru the roof but they didnt do a damn thing. Jack shit. They fucking did jack shit. Meanwhile they are trying to figure out a way to charge farmers for cow farts to stop global warming.

Oh and trying to pin this on the EPA? Are you insane? The EPA knew in February 2015 did nothing and I and others are being meanies trying to pin it on the EPA?

The EPA is a bureaucratic nightmare, my parents had to deal with them over a retention pond a few years back, pure insanity ensued, if it wasn't so sad and frustrating it would have been comical

Last edited:

This just proves why there should be a epa and that epa should be allowed to do its job. Certainly we have disagreements but overall we're better off for the epa and the regulations.

skeptical.gif

Trust me here. The EPA does more harm than good.

This was the EPA's JOB! What the hell good is the EPA if it doesn't prevent something like this? NOTHING! Get rid of the useless organization. YESTERDAY!

It's costing the tax payers money and giving them a false sense of security. It is causing them to believe that our environment is being protected.

It would be far better if we had private interest groups doing the same work. They would be far more reliable as they would not be loaded with insiders from the very same industries they're charged to monitor and political hacks who just want to grow the bureaucracy rather than protect the people.

Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding
Geologist predicted EPA would intentionally pollute Animas River to secure federal funding

A July 30 letter to the editor of a local newspaper from a retired geologist appears to have predicted the Environmental Protection Agency's disastrous chemical spill into a major Colorado River tributary that happened just days later.

Stupid bitch wanted to keep it "in house". Hells mother fucking bells people were drinking this water and this stupid bitch wanted to " convince " them to treat the water?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! It's lead. Only thing worse than mercury.

"An EPA water expert, Miguel Del Toral, identified potential problems with Flint’s drinking water in February, confirmed the suspicions in April and summarized the looming problem in a June internal memo. The state decided in October to change Flint’s drinking water source from the corrosive Flint River back to the Detroit water system.

Critics have charged Hedman with attempting to keep the memo’s information in-house and downplaying its significance.

As soon as the lack of corrosion controls became apparent, state and federal officials should have acted to protect the public, said Virginia Tech researcher Marc Edwards, whose water analysis in 2015 helped uncover Flint’s lead contamination.

“At that point, you do not just have smoke, you have a three-alarm fire and should respond immediately,” said Edwards, who, along with the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan, has obtained dozens of key documents related to Flint’s crisis through public record requests.

“There was no sense of urgency at any of the relevant agencies, with the obvious exception of Miguel Del Toral, and he was silenced and discredited.”

EPA stayed silent on Flint’s tainted water

The EPA is a bureaucratic nightmare, my parents had to deal with them over a retention pond a few years back, pure insanity ensued, if ti wasn't so sad and frustrating it would have been comnical

Pardon my french in some of my posts but this deal in Flint gets my blood boiling. The EPA can declare milk a hazardous substance they have the time to measure cow farts BUT the scumbuckets let lead poisoning go on every day in Flint for months on end?

Politically this will hurt the next GOP nominee in 2018
Bullshit.

If Flint doesn't give a shit about itself, why should anyone else?

All government sucks. People suck.
If it doesn't hurt Republicans then the citizens deserve whatever the GOP dish out
Hell, you live in Michigan as well.

You know what those poor motherfuckers in Flint are doing.

You know as well as I that 75% of that emergency aid is being squandered.

Most of the folks down there would no more be bothered to buy organic than they would be to go get clean water. They just don't give a shit.

I have friends of friends with links to people with FB feeds to what is going on down there. It's insane the corruption. I was born there and went to Uni with friends with family there. It's terrible.

My son and I used to give to the water aid.

Not any more. Not once I found out what it was going to. Fuck that.

If you don't put a black marker over the UPC, you can't be sure they don't just return it for beer.

THEY DON'T CARE about the lead.

The only one's that do are the college educated soccer mom's. And let's be honest, how many of those are in Flint?

The folks that care, can afford to take care of themselves and have the resources to manage. The one that don't, just don't care. They are screwed and are going to die. They would rather just get drunk and die.

It's like a zombie apocolypse, it is really sad.

I'm sure there are some great people in that mess, but the chaos and corruption are ruining it for everyone. That is how this mess began. It's just another symptom of the decay. It is all because of government meddling in the economy. . .

If the government had just stayed out, the auto industry would have been able to compete, and Flint would have never lost it's car industry. But the government said this, the corporations said that, the Unions said fuck off, and corporations said NAFTA? The government said sure, the industry moved to Mexico, and the town was fucked.

And now the whole town drinks poisoned water because they can't afford to drink clean water. Soon they will all be rioting brain dead zombies . . . . .
I'll give you one thing. Katrina drove a lot of rats out of new Orleans. The bankruptcy in Detroit ran 700,000 out of Detroit and maybe Snyder is poisoning flint citizens to break up that failure of a city.

The EPA is a bureaucratic nightmare, my parents had to deal with them over a retention pond a few years back, pure insanity ensued, if ti wasn't so sad and frustrating it would have been comnical

Pardon my french in some of my posts but this deal in Flint gets my blood boiling. The EPA can declare milk a hazardous substance they have the time to measure cow farts BUT the scumbuckets let lead poisoning go on every day in Flint for months on end?
That's because the EPA is a political arm of which ever party controls the administration.

It's bullshit and needs to be eliminated. It is costing too much money.

Bullshit.

If it doesn't hurt Republicans then the citizens deserve whatever the GOP dish out

Most of the folks down there would no more be bothered to buy organic than they would be to go get clean water. They just don't give a shit.

I have friends of friends with links to people with FB feeds to what is going on down there. It's insane the corruption. I was born there and went to Uni with friends with family there. It's terrible.

If you don't put a black marker over the UPC, you can't be sure they don't just return it for beer.

The only one's that do are the college educated soccer mom's. And let's be honest, how many of those are in Flint?

The folks that care, can afford to take care of themselves and have the resources to manage. The one that don't, just don't care. They are screwed and are going to die. They would rather just get drunk and die.

I'm sure there are some great people in that mess, but the chaos and corruption are ruining it for everyone. That is how this mess began. It's just another symptom of the decay. It is all because of government meddling in the economy. . .

If the government had just stayed out, the auto industry would have been able to compete, and Flint would have never lost it's car industry. But the government said this, the corporations said that, the Unions said fuck off, and corporations said NAFTA? The government said sure, the industry moved to Mexico, and the town was fucked.

And now the whole town drinks poisoned water because they can't afford to drink clean water. Soon they will all be rioting brain dead zombies . . . . .
I'll give you one thing. Katrina drove a lot of rats out of new Orleans. The bankruptcy in Detroit ran 700,000 out of Detroit and maybe Snyder is poisoning flint citizens to break up that failure of a city.
Snyder has been good for the State and you know it.

So you wish the EPA would be more heavy handed in dictating to the states on matters of the environment.

lol, so do I.

and why shouldn't he? Aren't the Feds in charge of everything and everyone according to you lefties? what business is of you people if you don't live in the State?
go find a life

That was the most liberal pile of dog shit I've ever read.

A woman got to resign instead of being criminally charged with poisoning Flint and you call that heads rolling? Bwahahahahaha. Right Carb.

You know nothing about this. Your best bet is to shut up.

It's you that obviously knows nothing about this, take your own advice, toad. Heads rolled? Good grief, you lie at every turn

Did you read what that bitch that heads the EPA had the balls to say? That the EPA did its job and the local rep resigned for the good of the community? I was spitting bullets. These whack jobs need to be fired and then be charged for negligence to have allowed this situation.

She's an Obama crony, hence why she was allowed to resign and the "supposed intellectual elite" NYDumbdeer is defending her

keep lying, loony toon

Last edited:

So you wish the EPA would be more heavy handed in dictating to the states on matters of the environment.

lol, so do I.

didn't the court just tie the EPA;s hands?

why yes, i believe the did

Anyone beside me bother to look at the funding cuts to the EPA that the Republicans have brought about?

The head of the EPA warned that with continued cuts, the agency would have a difficult time doing its job.

And here we go. An example of the EPA not being effective.

Maybe the Repubs in COngress will cut some more money out of the EPAs budget. Cause it worked so well this time around.

lol, so do I.

No. When a government agency can fuck up this badly because of politics it needs to be revamped big time. The EPA is not doing it's job at all. It's lost its sense of purpose. And the EPA needs a serious overhaul like starting yesterday.

You are becoming tiresome with your lies. Switching to Flint River was only forced on the people of Flint by Detroit Water and Sewage throwing a hissy fit because Flint signed a long term contract with KWA.

Who cares? Sourcing the water from Flint River was not the problem. The problem was that the guy in charge decided "Well, we gots some water now, let's just use the same treatments we used before, and not even bother to ask ourselves if this is the right way to do things, because new treatment regimens would be more expensive."

Bullshit.

Snyder has been good for the State and you know it.
Good and bad for middle class and poor.

When things are good Republicans don't seem so bad but they are

Anyone beside me bother to look at the funding cuts to the EPA that the Republicans have brought about?

The head of the EPA warned that with continued cuts, the agency would have a difficult time doing its job.

And here we go. An example of the EPA not being effective.

Maybe the Repubs in COngress will cut some more money out of the EPAs budget. Cause it worked so well this time around.

Ok asshole. What would it have cost in the EPA budget to go "treat your fucking water assholes" once you've got your agent on the ground finding out that the lead levels were thru the roof in Flint?

How much would that have that cost? The test results were in. No one in the EPA did jack shit.

How does a budget cut mean you don't have a voice to scream to the high and mighty that Flint has a real problem on its hands.

Forum List

Back