Gov. Snyder (R-MI) Asks Feds To Foot The Bill For Flint

Several people on this M/B predicted Snyder would be begging the Obama Administration for a Federal Government bailout... good call!

Snyder asks for more Medicaid support for Flint

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder announced Sunday that he has asked for expanded Medicaid support for about 15,000 Flint residents, especially for pregnant women and those under 21, in the wake of the city’s water crisis.

Then...

Obama administration to offer more benefits in Flint

WASHINGTON — Obama administration officials on Friday told Democratic members of Congress that they anticipate providing a Medicaid expansion that will cover lead blood-level monitoring, behavioral health services and nutritional support for children and pregnant women in Flint as a result of the water crisis there.

I thought government sucks?

How is running to uncle Sam running the state like a business? Hard to turn a profit running a government like this Rick. Maybe to offset this you should switch all our water to flint river water.

Because 90% of the time the federal government has the kind of cash and the ability to get things done. Certainty, it isn't perfect but we'd be a much poorer and less capable nation without a stable federal government that helps us work together as one!

Fuck Snyder, Fuck the EPA, Fuck the DEQ, and Fuck those stupid tax payers in Flint that weren't paying attention.

Shit, I'll bet none of you have ever read any of the FB feeds or tweets coming out of that city. It GD pathetic.

None of you know what you are talking about.

When the donated water is being resold by businesses. . . .

When it is being taken back and returned to Walmart to make a buck by folks to buy beer and smokes. . . . this is just infucking sane.

Folks from the surrounding communities that haven't been poisoned are driving in to get free water. . . .

Are you serious? Can you put up links that show people are using this issue as a scam now?

If this shit happened in my town I'd want fucking action instead of bs!!! Only a idiot would sit on their dick and be slowly poisoned.

I'd vote out everyone that didn't take action to correct the fuck up in my government until someone does something.

Several people on this M/B predicted Snyder would be begging the Obama Administration for a Federal Government bailout... good call!

Snyder asks for more Medicaid support for Flint

Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder announced Sunday that he has asked for expanded Medicaid support for about 15,000 Flint residents, especially for pregnant women and those under 21, in the wake of the city’s water crisis.

Then...

Obama administration to offer more benefits in Flint

WASHINGTON — Obama administration officials on Friday told Democratic members of Congress that they anticipate providing a Medicaid expansion that will cover lead blood-level monitoring, behavioral health services and nutritional support for children and pregnant women in Flint as a result of the water crisis there.

I thought government sucks?

How is running to uncle Sam running the state like a business? Hard to turn a profit running a government like this Rick. Maybe to offset this you should switch all our water to flint river water.

Because 90% of the time the federal government has the kind of cash and the ability to get things done. Certainty, it isn't perfect but we'd be a much poorer and less capable nation without a stable federal government that helps us work together as one!

Well the EPA did cover up the soaring thru the roof lead levels for months on end to keep it "in house" so after allowing the poisoning of Flint children they owe it to the community to do fucking something eh?

Heads have already rolled at the EPA. Why is Snyder's head still intact?

A woman got to resign instead of being criminally charged with poisoning Flint and you call that heads rolling? Bwahahahahaha. Right Carb.

You know nothing about this. Your best bet is to shut up.

It's you that obviously knows nothing about this, take your own advice, toad. Heads rolled? Good grief, you lie at every turn

A woman got to resign instead of being criminally charged with poisoning Flint and you call that heads rolling? Bwahahahahaha. Right Carb.

Hey you have no idea how much I know about this. I've been a water conservationist for years Carb. I'm seething about what went down here. And I dont give a good God damn on an R or a D. This is fucking criminal asshole and I want to see people in orange jumpsuits with silver bracelets on.

Stop your god damn lying, she was allowed to resign. That was it. No heads rolled.

Who's stopping Snyder from resigning?

Why should he? He was lied to. The DHHS and MEQ and the EPA all lied.

Dumb Deer spews nonsense then when caught he tries the "I know more than anyone" garbage.

It's you that obviously knows nothing about this, take your own advice, toad. Heads rolled? Good grief, you lie at every turn

Did you read what that bitch that heads the EPA had the balls to say? That the EPA did its job and the local rep resigned for the good of the community? I was spitting bullets. These whack jobs need to be fired and then be charged for negligence to have allowed this situation.

and why shouldn't he? Aren't the Feds in charge of everything and everyone according to you lefties? what business is of you people if you don't live in the State?
go find a life

i don't know idiot. how long did it take the rightwingnuts to give money for the first responders who got sick because baby bush didn't know how to understand a pdb?

Did you read what that bitch that heads the EPA had the balls to say? That the EPA did its job and the local rep resigned for the good of the community? I was spitting bullets. These whack jobs need to be fired and then be charged for negligence to have allowed this situation.

She's an Obama crony, hence why she was allowed to resign and the "supposed intellectual elite" NYDumbdeer is defending her

Stop your god damn lying, she was allowed to resign. That was it. No heads rolled.

"January 2015

Detroit’s water system offers to reconnect to Flint, waiving a $4 million connection fee. Three weeks later, Flint’s state-appointed emergency manager, Jerry Ambrose, declines the offer."

That was AFTER problems had already been encountered. Snyder's man could have ended the problem there. Period.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/21/us/flint-lead-water-timeline.html

Politically this will hurt the next GOP nominee in 2018
Bullshit.

If Flint doesn't give a shit about itself, why should anyone else?

All government sucks. People suck.
If it doesn't hurt Republicans then the citizens deserve whatever the GOP dish out
Hell, you live in Michigan as well.

You know what those poor motherfuckers in Flint are doing.

You know as well as I that 75% of that emergency aid is being squandered.

Most of the folks down there would no more be bothered to buy organic than they would be to go get clean water. They just don't give a shit.

I have friends of friends with links to people with FB feeds to what is going on down there. It's insane the corruption. I was born there and went to Uni with friends with family there. It's terrible.

My son and I used to give to the water aid.

Not any more. Not once I found out what it was going to. Fuck that.

If you don't put a black marker over the UPC, you can't be sure they don't just return it for beer.

THEY DON'T CARE about the lead.

The only one's that do are the college educated soccer mom's. And let's be honest, how many of those are in Flint?

The folks that care, can afford to take care of themselves and have the resources to manage. The one that don't, just don't care. They are screwed and are going to die. They would rather just get drunk and die.

It's like a zombie apocolypse, it is really sad.

I'm sure there are some great people in that mess, but the chaos and corruption are ruining it for everyone. That is how this mess began. It's just another symptom of the decay. It is all because of government meddling in the economy. . .

If the government had just stayed out, the auto industry would have been able to compete, and Flint would have never lost it's car industry. But the government said this, the corporations said that, the Unions said fuck off, and corporations said NAFTA? The government said sure, the industry moved to Mexico, and the town was fucked.

And now the whole town drinks poisoned water because they can't afford to drink clean water. Soon they will all be rioting brain dead zombies . . . . .

Ironically, while the RWnuts are trying to pin this on the EPA for not doing enough,

these same nuts come right out of the crowd that thinks there should be no EPA.

This just proves why there should be a epa and that epa should be allowed to do its job. Certainly we have disagreements but overall we're better off for the epa and the regulations.

"January 2015

Detroit’s water system offers to reconnect to Flint, waiving a $4 million connection fee. Three weeks later, Flint’s state-appointed emergency manager, Jerry Ambrose, declines the offer."

That was AFTER problems had already been encountered. Snyder's man could have ended the problem there. Period.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/21/us/flint-lead-water-timeline.html

He was being lied to by DHHS AND DEQ. They were fabricating data that the water was safe. All the way up to the feds. Virginia Tech had to sue via FOIA to get the data. They were the ones that busted this wide open.

Forum List

Back