Gov. Rick Perry is Obama's Worst Nightmare

IOW, he didn't threaten to secede...glad we got that straight

No, but he didn't rule it out either

Now where'd I put that "move the goalpost" smiley?

I don't think that standing up for your country is too much to expect of one of our Governors. The implied threat is there. Any real American would be offended at the very mention of their state seceding and tell any nut jobs in his state that they are dead wrong in wanting secession

I love that...since he didn't say he wanted to succeed but said that it was totally possible, it's seen as some sort of profile in Statesmanship!

When eye of Newt lost his staff (due to internal conflicts stemming from idiotic decisions and inactivity by eye of Newt), my understanding is that they moved -- almost as one -- down to hook up with Perry.

Obviously it takes more than acquiring a good staff second hand but on the cheap to make a run for the Presidency, but that kind of fortuitous activity cannot hurt.

Rumors are starting to be heard.

Perry is more likely than ever now to bust a move.

He. Just. Might. Go. All. The. WAY!

Well at least two of Newt's top staff have worked as top very close aids for Perry in Perry's campaigns for years. These guys did not bail Newt ALL AT ONE TIME for no reason. Partly because of Newt's personal campaigning methods, but I suspect the main reason was Rick Perry is going to run. And at this point, only a very few people would know for sure. One unavoidable fact is Perry has always until just days ago said he was happy being Governor of Texas and would not run. He also has said in the past that if he felt he ever needed to run he might. He has said several times recently he "may run", I think that really means he will. If Romney didn't have Romney Care hanging over his head, I'm sure Perry would be happy to stay in Texas..

You see with Mit Romney's RomneyCare problem, its very possible Romney could get defeated, even by Obama in 2012, by splitting the Idependant and Conservative votes.

I'm sure Perry is cramming foreign affairs and other issues. If Perry runs he really just needs to make a good showing in the debates not necessarily win even just one. He has excellent State Governing experience and track record to help propel him. We all know that the next President will NOT be one who has absolutely NO Governing experience of any kind. That may NEVER happen again after this Obama disaster.

Last edited:
IOW, he didn't threaten to secede...glad we got that straight.

Glad you want a President who has to have subtitles. I never felt better about not being in the GOP until today.

Perry will say whatever the crowd wants to hear; in other words, he's a typical Republican.

No.

That's exactly what he said. That Texas can Secede. Glad we got that straight.

It's on the fucking video tape.

No serious politician, after the civil war, should even be bringing that up..and not be put up for treason.

Or at least be made a laughingstock by true Americans.

Glad you want a President who has to have subtitles. I never felt better about not being in the GOP until today.

Perry will say whatever the crowd wants to hear; in other words, he's a typical Republican.

No.

That's exactly what he said. That Texas can Secede. Glad we got that straight.

It's on the fucking video tape.

No serious politician, after the civil war, should even be bringing that up..and not be put up for treason.

Or at least be made a laughingstock by true Americans.

My real cat could easily kick your fake faggy doggy's ass.

To be honest, I'm selfish. I hope Perry stays in Texas. But its pretty obvious he is going to run. We are doing just fine with Rick Perry and his administration running this State. I don't want to see our state's economy go to crap. But if he does run, and does eventually defeat Obama then it will be best for the Nation. And the Nation should come first. I drove through the Rust Belt not long ago. I've never seen so many closed businesses and homes for sale. It was just sad. I got a real dose of reality on that trip.

Last edited:
No, but he didn't rule it out either

I don't think that standing up for your country is too much to expect of one of our Governors. The implied threat is there. Any real American would be offended at the very mention of their state seceding and tell any nut jobs in his state that they are dead wrong in wanting secession

Do you ever get tired of being a broken record?

Perry choosing to suck up to secessionist rather than stand up for his country reveals a lot about his character

Perry choosing to suck up to secessionist rather than stand up for his country reveals a lot about his character

I guess your answer would be NO.

On 11 April 1987, Senator Gore of Tennessee announced his candidacy. He stated that he believed he could offer, "clearer goals" than the other candidates.[1] Current Texas Governor, Republican Rick Perry, who at the time was a Democrat, was Gore's campaign chairman in Texas for his 1988 campaign.[2]

Al Gore presidential campaign, 1988 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He obviously has a great capacity for learning.
Unlike most of the Democratic posters on this site.

To be honest, I'm selfish. I hope Perry stays in Texas. But its pretty obvious he is going to run. We are doing just fine with Rick Perry and his administration running this State. I don't want to see our state's economy go to crap. But if he does run, and does eventually defeat Obama then it will be best for the Nation. And the Nation should come first. I drove through the Rust Belt not long ago. I've never seen so many closed businesses and homes for sale. It was just sad. I got a real dose of reality on that trip.

The man is an arogant wind bag. All this talk about how good Perry is doing yet no comment on what or how or when. You guys remind me of the folks out at Jones town. Tell me something, What would you say the folks who live down by Laredo think of old Dick Perry ? They think he is nothing more then a nice hair cut who waiste thousands of dollars flying around in a helicopter and doing interviews with Fox News. He is a fuck head and you can have him.

Perry doubled Texas's debt. He will make for a fine Republican Candidate....lol.

You guys need to do your own research instead of regurgitating the liberal talking points.

It turns out that transportation is responsible for most of the added debt load [16 billion] under Perry, increasing from basically nothing in 2000 to $11.8 billion outstanding as of Aug. 31 2009.

That's because before 2001, the Texas Department of Transportation lacked the authority to borrow money to pay for road projects. Voters gave it that power in 2001 when they approved a constitutional amendment that Perry supported.

PolitiFact Texas | White says Texas debt has doubled under Perry

Perry doubled Texas's debt. He will make for a fine Republican Candidate....lol.

You guys need to do your own research instead of regurgitating the liberal talking points.

It turns out that transportation is responsible for most of the added debt load [16 billion] under Perry, increasing from basically nothing in 2000 to $11.8 billion outstanding as of Aug. 31 2009.

That's because before 2001, the Texas Department of Transportation lacked the authority to borrow money to pay for road projects. Voters gave it that power in 2001 when they approved a constitutional amendment that Perry supported.

Odd, since politifact judged the fact that Perry doubled the debt to be true. Your own source disagrees with you.

From your own source: Perry is one of four members on the Bond Review Board, which ultimately approves most state debt transactions. And over the years, we found, he was a leading advocate for expanding state debts to pay for transportation projects and to combat cancer.

laugh my fucking ass off.​

Odd, since politifact judged the fact that Perry doubled the debt to be true. Your own source disagrees with you.

From your own source: Perry is one of four members on the Bond Review Board, which ultimately approves most state debt transactions. And over the years, we found, he was a leading advocate for expanding state debts to pay for transportation projects and to combat cancer.

laugh my fucking ass off.​

Read for comprehension.

I didn't say it wasn't true, I said that $11.8 billion of the $16 billion spent was borrowed for transportation via a voter approved constitutional amendment that was passed just before Perry was elevated to governor.

The option for borrowing for transportation projects was not available before Perry gain the office...that voter approved change accounts for the vast majority of the debt added under Perry.​

I hope this treasonous, murdering and traitorous piece of filth does run. Perry's from a state filled with traitors. And there will be a national spotlight on that.

Impossible he's any worse than that murdering, sell America out traitor currently in the White House.

The option for borrowing for transportation projects was not available before Perry gain the office...that voter approved change accounts for the vast majority of the debt added under Perry.

Who signed off those bills?

Unfortunately, you are a typical Republican who cannot accept responsibility. Instead, you blame everyone else.

Forum List

Back