"Gotham" (Fox TV)

Back to Gotham -

I thought last night's episode was most interesting.

Bruce learning what he did. What is that going to do for his future?

Saving Barbara and telling his girlfriend he loves her.

Penguin being a read sneaky bird.
last nights episode just proves the world is more violent than it ever has.Its disturbing to me that this show isnt even on a cable network and yet we saw rated R material in that show last night with slasher killings and practically nude people walking around and advertising how sleazy and sick minded they are with sex toys in the like.

Looks like we have two more episodes actually.they did not say next weeks was the season finale.

Watch The Following, or better yet, Hannibal. Those are both on network TV and closer to R rated than Gotham.

Back to Gotham -

last nights episode just proves the world is more violent than it ever has.Its disturbing to me that this show isnt even on a cable network and yet we saw rated R material in that show last night with slasher killings and practically nude people walking around and advertising how sleazy and sick minded they are with sex toys in the like.

Looks like we have two more episodes actually.they did not say next weeks was the season finale.

Watch The Following, or better yet, Hannibal. Those are both on network TV and closer to R rated than Gotham.

Oh I know.I am a HUGE kevin bacon fan with Footloose being my favorite move of all time-hollywood is clearly running out of ideas the fact they are making so many remakes with that new crappy remake they made CRAPLOOSE.

Since Bacon is in it I tried watching it a couple times and I have not brought myself back to watch a third episode since then nor will I in the future even with Bacon in the starring role.

Indeed.I think the reason we havent seen Mad Hatter yet and some of the others is because they dont want to rush things.You dont want to introduce ALL the bay guys in the same season.

What I dont understand is why Cobblepot-the future Penguin is getting all the attention.Why he is the one that gets all the special paid attention over the other featured villians.:confused:

I assume you used to watch Smallville? I feel good that this show wont get ruined like that show was eventually.

It was good the first couple years but after that,it lost its juice.That show got stupid after the first couple of seasons when they brought in Lois Lane. WTF?:wtf:

He never met Lois in Smallville for god sakes!!!!!! I tolerated it when they brought her in and kept watching it but the final nail in the coffin where i could not tolerate it anymore was after they killed off Jonathan Kent.

I had no problem with them killing him off.That wasnt the issue with me.What was the issue for me was they killed him off too soon.

I stopped watching it after the fourth season when they killed him off that year.He was a big part of the reason why that show was so great.

I was glad when that show FINALLY went off the air.It stayed on far too long.They should never have kept it on after the fifth season and certainly not for 10 seasons.:mad:

They did the same thing with that show that the did with beverly hills 90210. They had the parents leave the show way too early.that was part of the downfall of the show.same with smallville.

The other thing i hated about smallviile was so many people finding out his identity.Pete should have been the ONLY one to have found out.nobody else after that.When they had Chloe find out,it got beyond stupid.you just knew at that point eventually Lana was going to find out also.

same as 90210,a show that stayed on far too long than it should have.:mad:
Smallville painted themselves into a corner....once again Greg Berlanti showing how little he knows about comics....they made Clark look like a kryptonian retard ....every other Kryptonian could immediately fly except Clark....that show had a lot of holes in it....

did you stop watching it after the first five years as well when it got too stupid or did you stay till the end? I would like to find out if he ever ended up flying in the last season like in the last couple episodes or so,have any idea on that?

Back to Gothem now.another new episode tonight.I think this is the second to last new one for the year I believe.

did you stop watching it after the first five years as well
nope...kept going till the end,thats the way i am with Comic stuff....it has to be really bad for me not to watch....

and the last episode he flew costume and all in the last minute of the series.....

not a true statement at all from you since smallville DID get really bad after five years and ran out of juice.:biggrin:

well glad you were able to sit through all that crap for all those years since you knew the answer.

its almost as if that show copied off 90210.I really do believe they did,too many coincidences. within 5 years as in 90210,the parents leave the home only difference being the father did not die in 90210,one of the characters left after the first season,and most importantly,it ALSO stayed on for ten years. far too many similaritys.
you are telling me i watched crap and you are bringing up fucking 90210?....

the show only became crap after season two dude.first two seasons were awesome.

as I said,two shows that stayed on wayyyyyyy far too long than they ever should have been allowed to.:mad:

the facts are BOTH shows eventually became crap.smallville was fun longer than 90210 no doubit.It did not become crap till the middle of season four.90210 became crap after season two but what difference does it make since they BOTH became a couple of crapfest shows within five years.

the writers of both shows should be hung up by their balls for the crap they came up with eventually.

I just hope Gothem doesnt suffer the same fate they did in the future down the road.With hollywood though,I would not hold my breath.they always run out of creative ideas these days it seems which is why they are making so many remakes of tv shows and movies now that they have run out of ideas for new material.:mad:

Last edited:
Okay now that it has been established that both shows 90210 and Smallville became UTTER CRAP within five years,back to the topic of the thread here. Gothem.

I actually am optimistic that Gothem wont suffer the same fate that Smallville did and become utter crap within five years and feel good that it could actually remain a good quality show for at least ten years because of my previous reasons for why Smallville turned into a joke.

This is what doomed smallville.

1.Everybody was finding out his identity.Nobody other than Pete should have discovered that.

Well all these events in Gothem take place while he is a kid and growing up so that wont be an issue here.

2.Lex Luther was the only real villian you got to see the origin of.You just had ONE future villain you got to see transform,there is only so much you can do with one future villain.

Gothem doesnt have that problem,it holds your attention the fact we are getting to see so many of them in their younger days before they became known for their namesake.they can bulid that up for many years.that will be fun to watch,with so many of them to work with,this show can last a long time i believe.

3.bringing Lois Lane into smallville was what did in this show.I remember countless number of fans back then saying the same thing ,that they also thought that was so stupid when they brought her to smallville since he is not suppose to see her till he goes to metropolis,let alone meet her in high school no less.freaking idiots.:rolleyes-41: they could not overcome that goof.

That wont happen with Gothem.

4.then the ultimate monstrocity was killing jonathan kent off as soon as they did and have the parents leave the house so early.as i said before,i had nothing against them killing him off,just that it happened way wayyyyy too god damn early.:mad:

I tolerated it when Lois came into town and lived with them and had to hear the annoying -hey smallville crap from her,but the COMBINATION of those two was far too much for the show to overcome and became beyond stupid.

as i said before,it looks like they were clearly following the stupid path 90210 went down which was one of the things that ruined that show.

This also wont happen with Gothem because his parents have already been killed and alfred wont die until he at least becomes batman.

so none of the stuff that plauged smallville will happen in Gothem which makes this show look promising the fact they can do so many stuff with the multiple characters over the years and introduce the new villains along the way each year as well.

When did they actually start showing new shows for the 2nd season for Gotham?
I watched about 4 shows that said they were new, when they were reruns, so I stopped watching.

Last edited:
Back to Gotham -

The Following is the DUMBEST show on TV.

Did Joe escape AGAIN?

Back to Gotham -

The Following is the DUMBEST show on TV.

Did Joe escape AGAIN?

I've only seen the first 2 seasons, so I have no idea lol. I thought the first season was very good, then it tapered off in the second. It's a premise that has a shelf life, at least if you use the same characters.

I think all of the characters are interesting.

The young girl who will become Cat Woman.
Cobblepot.
All of them.
I like the way the plot is moving along.
its one of the best done Comic related shows that has been on....

Of the shows on now based on comics, I'd rank them like this :

The Walking Dead
Daredevil
Constantine/Gotham (tie)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Arrow
The Flash
Agent Carter
The Strain

I gave up on The Strain and Agent Carter after a few episodes. Arrow and Flash annoy me too often, I find myself thinking I might be better off not watching them. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten better, although it's still not great. Gotham and Constantine are both quality network shows. Daredevil was quite good. The Walking Dead is probably the best show on TV right now.
what annoys you about arrow and the flash?.....what i dont like right now is how they are portraying the atom.....if they dont have him shrinking soon and getting rid of that pathetic costume i may not watch either.....
The Arrow is made up and the Flash was miscast. The Flash in the conics was not a Milennial. He was a real man who could actually carry someone over 100 pounds a half block.

I think all of the characters are interesting.

The young girl who will become Cat Woman.
Cobblepot.
All of them.
I like the way the plot is moving along.
its one of the best done Comic related shows that has been on....

Of the shows on now based on comics, I'd rank them like this :

The Walking Dead
Daredevil
Constantine/Gotham (tie)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Arrow
The Flash
Agent Carter
The Strain

I gave up on The Strain and Agent Carter after a few episodes. Arrow and Flash annoy me too often, I find myself thinking I might be better off not watching them. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten better, although it's still not great. Gotham and Constantine are both quality network shows. Daredevil was quite good. The Walking Dead is probably the best show on TV right now.
what annoys you about arrow and the flash?.....what i dont like right now is how they are portraying the atom.....if they dont have him shrinking soon and getting rid of that pathetic costume i may not watch either.....
The Arrow is made up and the Flash was miscast. The Flash in the conics was not a Milennial. He was a real man who could actually carry someone over 100 pounds a half block.
the Arrow is made up?....no shit.....and so in the comics the Barry there was a few years older?.....wow what a difference....

I watched about 4 shows that said they were new, when they were reruns, so I stopped watching.
Gotham is about to end their 1st season of 22 episodes....you got messed up somewhere in the beginning....

yeah she must have been getting Gothem mixed up with Sleep Hollow i guess since that show comes on afterward and this is THEIR second season.

i thought this WAS the first season?:wtf:

It was the 1st season- then it was off the air for 2 or 3 weeks (I don't know why) then came back on with repeat episodes saying that it was new episodes.
I thought that it was the 2nd season when it came back on after being off the air for about 2 or 3 weeks.
I guess is was still the 1st season, but why did it go off for 2 or 3 weeks and then showed old episodes when it came back on again?

Gotham is about to end their 1st season of 22 episodes....you got messed up somewhere in the beginning....

yeah she must have been getting Gothem mixed up with Sleep Hollow i guess since that show comes on afterward and this is THEIR second season.

I am not getting them mixed up.

It was the 1st season- then it was off the air for 2 or 3 weeks (I don't know why) then came back on with repeat episodes saying that it was new episodes.
I thought that it was the 2nd season when it came back on after being off the air for about 2 or 3 weeks.
I guess is was still the 1st season, but why did it go off for 2 or 3 weeks and then showed old episodes when it came back on again?

Lots of shows do mid-season breaks.

Lots of shows do mid-season breaks.

Yes
Gotham went off the air for their mid-season break, after the March 2nd- episode18th showing.
Then they showed reruns that started on March 23rd, 30th and the 6th.
If they had just stayed off the air like most shows do and then started the19th episode on April 13th I think that more people would have stayed with the show.
When they kept doing the reruns I stopped watching like many did and I had no idea when the new episodes started.
I found out later that it was new on April 13th.

Gotham,according to their episode guide,and at least where i live, showed their first 10 episodes without a break from Sept 22nd to Nov 24th,then was off too Jan.5th....then ran without a break until March 2nd.....

Gotham,according to their episode guide,and at least where i live, showed their first 10 episodes without a break from Sept 22nd to Nov 24th,then was off too Jan.5th....then ran without a break until March 2nd.....

Yes that is why I am saying that many viewers got turned off by doing the shows that way.
I really like the show but I'm not going to keep checking when they come on again and continue to watch reruns till there are new shows.

Yes that is why I am saying that many viewers got turned off by doing the shows that way.
I really like the show but I'm not going to keep checking when they come on again and continue to watch reruns till there are new shows.
i agree.....the constant breaks,especially the longer ones are turning people off.....one of the reasons companies like Netflix are getting so popular,you create your own breaks....

Forum List

Back