The Knick:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
The most engrossing and enjoyable type of movie or tv production is, for me, one that transports me from the now via a credible and reasonably realistic replication of another time. The Knick is a new Cinemax series which is based on the practice of medicine at New York City's Knickerbocker Hospital ("The Knick") in 1901 -- and the realism is amazing. The sets and the costumes alone deserve an Emmy!

So far, Clive Owen's performance as Dr. John Thackery, an opium-addicted but dedicated and proficient senior surgeon couldn't be better. And I am eagerly looking forward to the next trip.

Last edited:
The most engrossing and enjoyable type of movie or tv production is, for me, one that transports me from the now via a credible and reasonably realistic replication of another time. The Knick is a new Cinemax series which is based on the practice of medicine at New York City's Knickerbocker Hospital ("The Knick") in 1901 -- and the realism is amazing. The sets and the costumes alone deserve an Emmy!

So far, Clive Owen's performance as Dr. John Thackery, an opium-addicted but dedicated and proficient senior surgeon couldn't be better. And I am eagerly looking forward to the next trip.

if you like series that go back in time to witness the early days and how things progressed, BBC America had 2 shows that they ran for 2 years Copper and Ripper Street....Copper was about early Detective work in NYC during the civil war era.....Ripper Street was kinda the same thing but it took place in London in 1889....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_(TV_series)

Ripper Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if you like series that go back in time to witness the early days and how things progressed, BBC America had 2 shows that they ran for 2 years Copper and Ripper Street....Copper was about early Detective work in NYC during the civil war era.....Ripper Street was kinda the same thing but it took place in London in 1889....

Thanks!

Thanks!

:thup: