"Gotham" (Fox TV)

Lots of things annoy me about those shows. Primarily it's the poor writing. That is worse with The Flash, but occurs commonly in both shows. With The Flash, in almost every dangerous situation, he could easily escape or prevent whatever is happening simply by using his speed, but the writers continuously have him stop using that speed for dramatic effect, despite how ridiculous it is. With Arrow, there's the people learning to be martial arts masters in almost no time, people using guns always being incredibly terrible shots, etc. Both shows also go too heavily on the CW-style drama.
i blame that on writers who are not comic fans....Greg Berlanti the show runner of both shows is not as comic book savvy as he thinks he is....just by the way he has fucked up the Atom shows that.....and why not the Green Arrow,instead of just Arrow?.... i mean thats who the guy is supposed to be....

Actually, I'm fine with that part of it. I don't like Green Arrow all that much. Just getting rid of the hat is a huge improvement! :lol:

Not being comic fans might have something to do with it, but really, I think it's more to do with being on the CW. That network looks for a certain feel to their shows which doesn't seem to lend itself to exceptional writing. They are more concerned with pretty young actors and angst. :p
i agree with what you said about the CW,but right now they are the no.1 network doing comics....maybe Netflix will change how the CW looks at things....and if the guy is supposed to be the Green Arrow....thats what he should be called...i agree about that dumbass hat ....never understood how it stayed on his head.....

Actually, I think that CW keeps shows on the air with far lower ratings than the major networks. I don't think Arrow or Flash would have gotten extensions if they were on NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox. CW has a lower viewership so is willing to accept fewer viewers.

I think The Walking Dead is far, far better than anything that's ever been on CW. If I had to choose between watching Walking Dead or watching Arrow, Flash, and whatever the spinoff from those shows is going to be, I'd go with TWD. So for me, AMC is currently the best network doing comics. Netflix did a great job with Daredevil and have more Marvel shows in the works, so I'd put them at 2. :)
how can AMC be the no 1 network with only 1 show?....CW has 2 with i believe 2 more on the way....Netflix has one with a couple more on the way....AMC? 1 with how many coming up?....none that i can see.......

I would say AMC is #1 in two ways. First, in quality. The Walking Dead is so much better than Arrow and Flash, the one show is worth more than the two on CW. The second way is ratings. I don't know the numbers, but The Walking Dead is one of the highest rated shows on cable in terms of viewership. Arrow and Flash, from what I've read, are not nearly so widely watched. I think that TWD has gotten as many as 20 million viewers for an episode, while Arrow's best is something like 4 million. I don't know if Flash has exceeded Arrow or not, but I doubt it would be by much if it has.

So more people watch The Walking Dead and it is a far, far better show than Arrow or Flash. AMC may only have 1 comic book based show, but it is the best and most popular such show.

i blame that on writers who are not comic fans....Greg Berlanti the show runner of both shows is not as comic book savvy as he thinks he is....just by the way he has fucked up the Atom shows that.....and why not the Green Arrow,instead of just Arrow?.... i mean thats who the guy is supposed to be....

Actually, I'm fine with that part of it. I don't like Green Arrow all that much. Just getting rid of the hat is a huge improvement! :lol:

Not being comic fans might have something to do with it, but really, I think it's more to do with being on the CW. That network looks for a certain feel to their shows which doesn't seem to lend itself to exceptional writing. They are more concerned with pretty young actors and angst. :p
i agree with what you said about the CW,but right now they are the no.1 network doing comics....maybe Netflix will change how the CW looks at things....and if the guy is supposed to be the Green Arrow....thats what he should be called...i agree about that dumbass hat ....never understood how it stayed on his head.....

Actually, I think that CW keeps shows on the air with far lower ratings than the major networks. I don't think Arrow or Flash would have gotten extensions if they were on NBC, CBS, ABC or Fox. CW has a lower viewership so is willing to accept fewer viewers.

I think The Walking Dead is far, far better than anything that's ever been on CW. If I had to choose between watching Walking Dead or watching Arrow, Flash, and whatever the spinoff from those shows is going to be, I'd go with TWD. So for me, AMC is currently the best network doing comics. Netflix did a great job with Daredevil and have more Marvel shows in the works, so I'd put them at 2. :)
how can AMC be the no 1 network with only 1 show?....CW has 2 with i believe 2 more on the way....Netflix has one with a couple more on the way....AMC? 1 with how many coming up?....none that i can see.......

I would say AMC is #1 in two ways. First, in quality. The Walking Dead is so much better than Arrow and Flash, the one show is worth more than the two on CW. The second way is ratings. I don't know the numbers, but The Walking Dead is one of the highest rated shows on cable in terms of viewership. Arrow and Flash, from what I've read, are not nearly so widely watched. I think that TWD has gotten as many as 20 million viewers for an episode, while Arrow's best is something like 4 million. I don't know if Flash has exceeded Arrow or not, but I doubt it would be by much if it has.

So more people watch The Walking Dead and it is a far, far better show than Arrow or Flash. AMC may only have 1 comic book based show, but it is the best and most popular such show.
The Walking Dead is so much better than Arrow and Flash
matter of opinion....people seem to have a fascination with zombies and vampires...when that fascination starts to fade watch the ratings fade... .the super hero shows are watched mostly by the comic book crowd and their ratings have been pretty consistent with that viewership for years....many who watch TWD can care less about shows dealing with super heros.......a different crowd.....and AMC has a new show coming up..."Fear of the Walking Dead".... yet another zombie show.....what i found funny is i was reading comments about the popularity of TWD....this one lady who is a major fan was asked if she watches the Vampire Diaries....she said that show is silly.....but a bunch of mindless dead people running amok is not i guess....its all what you like.....

matter of opinion....people seem to have a fascination with zombies and vampires...when that fascination starts to fade watch the ratings fade... .the super hero shows are watched mostly by the comic book crowd and their ratings have been pretty consistent with that viewership for years....many who watch TWD can care less about shows dealing with super heros.......a different crowd.....and AMC has a new show coming up..."Fear of the Walking Dead".... yet another zombie show.....what i found funny is i was reading comments about the popularity of TWD....this one lady who is a major fan was asked if she watches the Vampire Diaries....she said that show is silly.....but a bunch of mindless dead people running amok is not i guess....its all what you like.....

The Walking Dead has better production, writing, and acting than Arrow or The Flash. :D Of course most of this is subjective, but just as a matter of internal consistency I'll take TWD over either of the CW shows.

As to watching the ratings fade, TWD has had at least 5 times as many viewers for an episode as Arrow ever has. Even if the viewership wanes, I'm confident that Arrow will never reach the kind of popularity that TWD has. The show simply isn't well made enough. Another comic book show might do as well (Daredevil showed me that comic book hero shows can be done very well) but the CW just has not, to this point, made the kinds of shows that appeal to large audiences.

The Walking Dead has better production, writing, and acting than Arrow or The Flash. :D Of course most of this is subjective, but just as a matter of internal consistency I'll take TWD over either of the CW shows.

As to watching the ratings fade, TWD has had at least 5 times as many viewers for an episode as Arrow ever has. Even if the viewership wanes, I'm confident that Arrow will never reach the kind of popularity that TWD has. The show simply isn't well made enough. Another comic book show might do as well (Daredevil showed me that comic book hero shows can be done very well) but the CW just has not, to this point, made the kinds of shows that appeal to large audiences.
like i said.....the majority of viewers of super hero shows are fans of super hero comics.....the Walking Dead is watched by many people who have never picked up a Flash or Batman comic in their life and probably never will...many young girls have been swept up in the craze,especially the Vampire thing......i will take a super hero show over fucking zombies any day of the week....

like i said.....the majority of viewers of super hero shows are fans of super hero comics.....the Walking Dead is watched by many people who have never picked up a Flash or Batman comic in their life and probably never will...many young girls have been swept up in the craze,especially the Vampire thing......i will take a super hero show over fucking zombies any day of the week....

I don't think young girls are a big demographic of The Walking Dead. :lol:

well older women are, the younger ones are into the Vampires....either way the great majority of the viewers of that show could not tell you who the Flash is....

well older women are, the younger ones are into the Vampires....either way the great majority of the viewers of that show could not tell you who the Flash is....

Comic book movies have been popular enough that, if the show is good enough, I'd think they would get a decent amount of non-comic reading audience. Maybe DC needs to put out some more good movies first. :p

Comic book movies have been popular enough that, if the show is good enough, I'd think they would get a decent amount of non-comic reading audience. Maybe DC needs to put out some more good movies first. :p
going to a movie is a lot different than watching TV......the only people that will watch a super hero show on TV week after week are the people into super hero type of stuff.....the comic book readers or those who did at one time in their lives.....if WD gets 18 million viewers,14 million of them can care less about the Flash,no matter how good it may be....

going to a movie is a lot different than watching TV......the only people that will watch a super hero show on TV week after week are the people into super hero type of stuff.....the comic book readers or those who did at one time in their lives.....if WD gets 18 million viewers,14 million of them can care less about the Flash,no matter how good it may be....

TV and movies certainly are different. My point, though, is that the popularity of comic book movies should lead to more people at least giving comic book TV shows a chance. It wasn't just comic book readers who got the first Avengers movie to $1.5 billion. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the first episode viewers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were non-comic readers. Of course, the show wasn't good enough to hook most of them. :lol:

I hope that someday in the future that since we have now had the story of Supermans adventures when he was growing up learning his powers in Smallville-"like I said,the first couple seasons were good,got way too stupid after that though and should have never gone past 5 seasons."

With Smallville and now Gotham,I would like them to someday make a spiderman show with him as a kid growing up as well like they are with Gothem,spiderman being my favorite marvel character and all.

Show the time he spent with his parents and the events that led them to have his uncle and aunt adopt him.they could talk about his scientific genius and we could see the future villains origins before they went bad as well like they are doing with Gothem.

they could do the same thing with captain stacy they are with Jim Gordon,have him investigating the crimes of the future villains as well before he became someone with high rank..dont you think that would be interesting?

I think all of the characters are interesting.

The young girl who will become Cat Woman.
Cobblepot.
All of them.
I like the way the plot is moving along.
its one of the best done Comic related shows that has been on....

Indeed.I think the reason we havent seen Mad Hatter yet and some of the others is because they dont want to rush things.You dont want to introduce ALL the bay guys in the same season.

What I dont understand is why Cobblepot-the future Penguin is getting all the attention.Why he is the one that gets all the special paid attention over the other featured villians.:confused:

I assume you used to watch Smallville? I feel good that this show wont get ruined like that show was eventually.

It was good the first couple years but after that,it lost its juice.That show got stupid after the first couple of seasons when they brought in Lois Lane. WTF?:wtf:

He never met Lois in Smallville for god sakes!!!!!! I tolerated it when they brought her in and kept watching it but the final nail in the coffin where i could not tolerate it anymore was after they killed off Jonathan Kent.

I had no problem with them killing him off.That wasnt the issue with me.What was the issue for me was they killed him off too soon.

I stopped watching it after the fourth season when they killed him off that year.He was a big part of the reason why that show was so great.

I was glad when that show FINALLY went off the air.It stayed on far too long.They should never have kept it on after the fifth season and certainly not for 10 seasons.:mad:

They did the same thing with that show that the did with beverly hills 90210. They had the parents leave the show way too early.that was part of the downfall of the show.same with smallville.

The other thing i hated about smallviile was so many people finding out his identity.Pete should have been the ONLY one to have found out.nobody else after that.When they had Chloe find out,it got beyond stupid.you just knew at that point eventually Lana was going to find out also.

same as 90210,a show that stayed on far too long than it should have.:mad:
Smallville painted themselves into a corner....once again Greg Berlanti showing how little he knows about comics....they made Clark look like a kryptonian retard ....every other Kryptonian could immediately fly except Clark....that show had a lot of holes in it....

did you stop watching it after the first five years as well when it got too stupid or did you stay till the end? I would like to find out if he ever ended up flying in the last season like in the last couple episodes or so,have any idea on that?

Back to Gothem now.another new episode tonight.I think this is the second to last new one for the year I believe.

TV and movies certainly are different. My point, though, is that the popularity of comic book movies should lead to more people at least giving comic book TV shows a chance. It wasn't just comic book readers who got the first Avengers movie to $1.5 billion. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the first episode viewers of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. were non-comic readers. Of course, the show wasn't good enough to hook most of them. :lol:
it took more than just Americans to get that 1.5 billion.....and i know fans of Scify/fantasy who cant get into superhero stuff.....so i repeat,there is generally only one type of person who will watch something like the Flash on TV,week after week......those who read the comics and those who are very receptive to super hero type stuff....otherwise most people can give a shit....but i understand what your saying,you would think super hero TV would be bigger than what it is....i watch all of them,i am mysteriously drawn towards them....

Cobblepot.
All of them.

Indeed.I think the reason we havent seen Mad Hatter yet and some of the others is because they dont want to rush things.You dont want to introduce ALL the bay guys in the same season.

What I dont understand is why Cobblepot-the future Penguin is getting all the attention.Why he is the one that gets all the special paid attention over the other featured villians.:confused:

I assume you used to watch Smallville? I feel good that this show wont get ruined like that show was eventually.

It was good the first couple years but after that,it lost its juice.That show got stupid after the first couple of seasons when they brought in Lois Lane. WTF?:wtf:

He never met Lois in Smallville for god sakes!!!!!! I tolerated it when they brought her in and kept watching it but the final nail in the coffin where i could not tolerate it anymore was after they killed off Jonathan Kent.

I had no problem with them killing him off.That wasnt the issue with me.What was the issue for me was they killed him off too soon.

I stopped watching it after the fourth season when they killed him off that year.He was a big part of the reason why that show was so great.

I was glad when that show FINALLY went off the air.It stayed on far too long.They should never have kept it on after the fifth season and certainly not for 10 seasons.:mad:

They did the same thing with that show that the did with beverly hills 90210. They had the parents leave the show way too early.that was part of the downfall of the show.same with smallville.

The other thing i hated about smallviile was so many people finding out his identity.Pete should have been the ONLY one to have found out.nobody else after that.When they had Chloe find out,it got beyond stupid.you just knew at that point eventually Lana was going to find out also.

Smallville painted themselves into a corner....once again Greg Berlanti showing how little he knows about comics....they made Clark look like a kryptonian retard ....every other Kryptonian could immediately fly except Clark....that show had a lot of holes in it....

did you stop watching it after the first five years as well when it got too stupid or did you stay till the end? I would like to find out if he ever ended up flying in the last season like in the last couple episodes or so,have any idea on that?

Back to Gothem now.another new episode tonight.I think this is the second to last new one for the year I believe.

did you stop watching it after the first five years as well
nope...kept going till the end,thats the way i am with Comic stuff....it has to be really bad for me not to watch....

and the last episode he flew costume and all in the last minute of the series.....

Cobblepot.
All of them.

nope...kept going till the end,thats the way i am with Comic stuff....it has to be really bad for me not to watch....

and the last episode he flew costume and all in the last minute of the series.....

I watched till the end as well, but damn, I shouldn't have. :lol:

I watched till the end as well, but damn, I shouldn't have. :lol:
laughing-smiley-002.gif

Back to Gotham -

I thought last night's episode was most interesting.

Bruce learning what he did. What is that going to do for his future?

Saving Barbara and telling his girlfriend he loves her.

Penguin being a read sneaky bird.

Cobblepot.
All of them.

not a true statement at all from you since smallville DID get really bad after five years and ran out of juice.:biggrin:

well glad you were able to sit through all that crap for all those years since you knew the answer.

its almost as if that show copied off 90210.I really do believe they did,too many coincidences. within 5 years as in 90210,the parents leave the home only difference being the father did not die in 90210,one of the characters left after the first season,and most importantly,it ALSO stayed on for ten years. far too many similaritys.

Back to Gotham -

I thought last night's episode was most interesting.

Bruce learning what he did. What is that going to do for his future?

Saving Barbara and telling his girlfriend he loves her.

Penguin being a read sneaky bird.
last nights episode just proves the world is more violent than it ever has.Its disturbing to me that this show isnt even on a cable network and yet we saw rated R material in that show last night with slasher killings and practically nude people walking around and advertising how sleazy and sick minded they are with sex toys in the like.

Looks like we have two more episodes actually.they did not say next weeks was the season finale.

not a true statement at all from you since smallville DID get really bad after five years and ran out of juice.:biggrin:

well glad you were able to sit through all that crap for all those years since you knew the answer.

its almost as if that show copied off 90210.I really do believe they did,too many coincidences. within 5 years as in 90210,the parents leave the home only difference being the father did not die in 90210,one of the characters left after the first season,and most importantly,it ALSO stayed on for ten years. far too many similaritys.
you are telling me i watched crap and you are bringing up fucking 90210?....

Forum List

Back