"Gotham" (Fox TV)

I don't have to back up anything. I did not make the stupid claim that you could make everyone happy.
right you did not....you implied that if you made the movie the great majority of film goers would have no problems with whom you cast....i said you would get the same complaints as the people now,you said.....i...doubt.....it..........

okay last mondays episode made no sense at all.If Jim Gordons girlfriend was such a psycho nutcase killer this whole time,then why was she acting like an innocent nice girl victem crying about him getting ready to to kill someone of her choosing to avoid him killing her when that dude was saying to her-who do you want me to kill? and she then replied something like-No I cant do that.

If she was so much against having someone killed,then why act all upset about him killing anybody when SHE killed her parents?:wtf:
Did you not see the episodes where she was having a fling with another female? There was lots in there to show her instability.

I don't have to back up anything. I did not make the stupid claim that you could make everyone happy.
right you did not....you implied that if you made the movie the great majority of film goers would have no problems with whom you cast....i said you would get the same complaints as the people now,you said.....i...doubt.....it..........
Split hairs all you want. Gotham barely pulls in 4 milllion viewers. Anywhere other than Fox that is a fail.

Split hairs all you want. Gotham barely pulls in 4 milllion viewers. Anywhere other than Fox that is a fail.

That's a huge success on the CW. ;)

That might be a success on the Playstation Network, too. I don't know what kind of numbers they get, but Powers was renewed for a second season. :lol:

Oh, and while Gotham's rating fell in the last few weeks of the season, the lowest viewership for an episode was 4.3 million and the show averaged 6.1 million viewers for the season.

i can see you look into things first........Gotham averages 6.1 million viewers.....and has been renewed....

okay last mondays episode made no sense at all.If Jim Gordons girlfriend was such a psycho nutcase killer this whole time,then why was she acting like an innocent nice girl victem crying about him getting ready to to kill someone of her choosing to avoid him killing her when that dude was saying to her-who do you want me to kill? and she then replied something like-No I cant do that.

If she was so much against having someone killed,then why act all upset about him killing anybody when SHE killed her parents?:wtf:
Did you not see the episodes where she was having a fling with another female? There was lots in there to show her instability.

yeah but its one thing to have a fling with another female but something else entirely different to kill someone.there are bi sexual women out there in the world who are good people you know?:biggrin:

It's not that she's always been a killer, it's that her experience with the serial killer who kidnapped and mentally tortured her pushed her into becoming one. At least, that seemed like the clear point to me.

I'll buy that.she was bitter towards her parents after all and having gone through that experience with him,that would push you over the edge no doubt.

i can see you look into things first........Gotham averages 6.1 million viewers.....and has been renewed....
No they barely pull in 4 million.

Gotham did in fact average 6.1 million viewers for the season. Only in the last 4 episodes did it fail to get over 5.5 million.

Gotham TV show on FOX latest ratings cancel or renew canceled renewed TV shows TV Series Finale

if they avg 6.1 mill for the season,how can they barely be doing 4?....the last 4 shows it dropped to 4,but otherwise it has never gone below 6 mill....but it has been renewed,so its up to the writers to get it back on track....

Gotham did in fact average 6.1 million viewers for the season. Only in the last 4 episodes did it fail to get over 5.5 million.

Gotham TV show on FOX latest ratings cancel or renew canceled renewed TV shows TV Series Finale
it averages 8-9 with DVR recordings added in....

Traffic Toolbag

One reason that this show seems to grab our attention is that Gotham City represents a rather eerily realistic paranoia about loss of jurisprudence control in our age of high-traffic urbanization. In many ways, Batman (DC Comics) is America's rendition of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's diligent fictional super-detective Sherlock Holmes.

Lots of stories arise in the world of Batman (DC Comics) regarding 'nemeses gauntlets.'

"Joker, Penguin, the Red Hood Gang, the Riddler, and Two-Face (and his new treacherous girlfriend Harley Quinn) plan to take Gotham City's library hostage on Saturday afternoon. Bruce Wayne gets wind of this plan from Jim Gordon and decides to wear the cape and mask of the Dark Knight (Batman) and secure the city library by placing trumpets all along the roof of the library to detract any kind of terrorism."

Many Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Mean Streets" (1973) and "Dark City" (1998) deal with traffic-related crime paranoia, but perhaps "Gotham" (Fox TV) symbolizes psychological polka.

The Batman (DC Comics) adapted Hollywood (USA) movie "The Dark Knight Rises" (2012) which featured the Gotham City super-nemesis Bane presented a traffic-related city super-riot.

In many ways, "Gotham" (Fox TV) seems to resemble the imagery presented in the crime-experimentation film "Killing Zoe" (1994).

:afro:

Killing Zoe (Wikipedia)

gc.jpg

Last edited:
hey your back,where you been? I thought you died or something the fact for a while you were sending me attachments on upcoming episodes then all of a sudden i never heard from you anymore as well as the fact you stopped posting about current episodes.

Gotham's Ra's: Machination Moderator

I've been watching "Gotham" (Fox TV) more or less the same way I read comic books --- with a laissez-faire spiritualism.

I'm satisfied with the atmospherics and casting on the show and the way they make me interested in the labors of the young Jim Gordon trying to manage a developing city criminality (with various henchmen and super-goons rising to prominence).

If there's something I'm still upset with it's the lack of appearance of Ra's al Ghul who is already on "Arrow" (The CW).

I think that "Gotham" (Fox TV) has enough character development to explore how a Gotham City villain such as Ra's could make everyone a bit pensive about machinating overlords.

David Duchovny was my early pick from 2014 to appear on the show as Ra's.

However, David Duchovny is now snatched by "Aquarius" (NBC), so maybe we'll see a comparably entertaining (and appropriate) American actor such as Jeremy Piven make an appearance somewhere if not on "Gotham" (Fox TV) as the irreplaceable Ra's al Ghul.

Machinations are, after all, what make Batman (DC Comics) stories about the multiplicity of villains so profitable.

Almost Got 'Im (Batman: The Animated Series)

ra's.jpg

Notes & Nachos

Well, I have a lot to say about the first season of "Gotham" (Fox TV), but I'll try to summarize.

1. I liked the development of Edward Nygma
2. I liked the introduction of the Red Hood Gang
3. I liked the overall work of Gordon and Bullock
4. satisfying acting and atmospherics
5. I liked how they created the aura of the Joker
6. I liked how Alfred was raising young Bruce
7. I liked Bruce and Selina's friendship
8. I wanted to see more focused criminal development of Penguin

Hopefully, the overall praises for "Gotham" (Fox TV) will generate enough audience appeal to warrant more seasons (a second, third, and fourth).

Maybe next season will focus on why exactly Gotham City is catering to the criminality sentiments that give rise to creeps such as the Dollmaker (a sort of comic book version of Leatherface).

I'd also not be surprised if I hear that "Gotham" (Fox TV) is generating enough fan interest in the Batman (DC Comics) franchise to warrant more Hollywood (USA) films:

++++
"Batman: Year One" (dir: Darren Aronofsky) --- starring Guy Pearce as Batman, Orlando Bloom as Black Mask, and Emily Blunt as Harley Quinn

"Gotham Knight" (dir: Paul Verhoeven) --- starring Jude Law as Batman, Macaulay Culkin as the Joker, and Stana Katic (James Bond girl) as Harley Quinn
++++

Thanks to those who read and followed. I'm always on the lookout for high-quality Batman stickers.

:afro: :alcoholic:

Hatter Hip

I wasn't going to post anymore on this thread and simply read and follow what others were viewing, but after seeing the teaser trailers for Gotham Season 2, I have to say, I have a lot of thoughts going through my head that I felt were worth sharing.

The trailer featuring the host of villain armies and Arkham maniac teams and of course the rise of the Joker suggest that the "Gotham" (Fox TV) writers will be focusing on criminality atmospherics more, so maybe we'll see more of Nygma unraveling and Penguin rising to some sort of odd level of power. I also hope they continue to develop the Bruce-Selina friendship.

I'd love to see an interesting actor such as Adrian Grenier showing up on Season 2 (or Season 3?) to portray a young Jervis Tetch (the future Mad Hatter).

The Comic Con Gotham Press Conference for Season 2 from YouTube is below.

:alcoholic:

Jervis Tetch

hatter.jpg

Arkham Association

"Where the world sees criminal lunatics, Theo Galavan (James Frain) sees potential. It's a new day for the Gotham City Police Department, but the new day could end up being a dark one as villains straight out of Arkham Asylum are running loose in "Gotham" Season 2, episode 2" (ibtimes.com).

The camera-work is more in-your-face in Season 2, and the characters are more representative of the symbolism of Arkham Asylum. Maybe they are focusing in on Arkham to address fan criticism about not enough attention going to the development of Bruce Wayne. Maybe they're focusing in on Arkham, since the stories seem to gel together there nicely.

Gotham City is, after all, the Mecca of criminal insanity --- that's what Bob Kane envisioned when he created the Dark Knight.

If we want to sell "Gotham" (Fox TV) as a new age media confetti about Halloween in America, then we should talk about the psychology of disfigurement.

Samhain

arkham.jpg

Forum List

Back