Got Ya' Spokesperson Right Here!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Lefties, what you need is a spokesperson who let's it all hang out!

No soft-pedaling!

And here she is now! UPenn professor Anthea Butler!
C'mon...give it up for "the But"

1. " ....Ivy League professor made headlines after penning a blog post saying the George Zimmerman verdict helps support the notion that the "American god" is a "white racist god."

2. ...Anthea Butler, an associate professor of Religious Studies and Africana Studies at the University of Pennsylvania with a Ph.D. in religion from Vanderbilt and a Masters in Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary, took to online magazine Religion Dispatches to discuss Zimmerman's acquittal.

3. ...referencing a book ... Is God a White Racist? by Rev. Dr. William R. Jones.....she says she now understands the meaning behind Jones' message.

4. "God ain’t good all of the time. In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in a nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men."

[Can that be shortened to a bumper-sticker?]

5. She noted how other conservative Christians in America might use such ideology as a defense, which could lead to the subjugation of others.

[OK...this could fit.}

6. "First of all they don't understand it's between small 'g' god and big 'G' God," Butler said of her critics during a phone conversation with The Huffington Post about the backlash. "Big 'G' God is the deity. Little 'g' is different kinds of gods. Anyone who reads Religion Dispatches knows this. ... But this was especially touchy for [conservative Christians] because I hit on some things that are kind of true.
"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/anthea-butler-god-white-racist_n_3610342.html

[ g and G....She's got a point there....]

If you don't think she is well-rounded enough to be your point-man....point-woman....

here is more of "The But"....

...she speaks of evil as separate from God...and pretty darn articulate:

Video: Why Huckabee & Dobson Are Wrong on Newtown | Religion Dispatches

And.....if you doubt that she doesn't deserve the "Susan Rice" award:

"UPenn professor Anthea Butler calls for imprisonment of filmmaker Sam Bacile;

This morning, she strongly implied that Sam Bacile is responsible for yesterday’s embassy attacks and, as a result, should be tossed into jail."

UPenn professor Anthea Butler calls for imprisonment of filmmaker Sam Bacile; Update: Butler locks her Twitter account | Twitchy

A lot easier to listen to than Sharpton!

MSNBC calling?

Black and white have divided to such a degree that the break has gone from social to religious.

The But.. sounds like a seriously dangerous nickname.

*discussing a dispute concerning departmental changes * "I don't know.. you'll have to take it with the But".
Or when a FedEx employee arrives with something to sign, the Secretary says "I'm sorry, your package is meant for the But".

Interesting, a theology of race! Why does God need a gun? Why is he "stalking young black men"? Is this like Aliens versus Predators, and God created black males for just this purpose? Why is God a white racist to begin with? Does that explain the Prince of Darkness business? Satan is black?

In previous race based theologies, it was the other way around and the "white man"is the Devil.

This is so confusing. I'm tempted to email her department with these questions for clarification. These things have to be cleared up before anyone goes to make an apocalyptic cult out of this!

The But.. sounds like a seriously dangerous nickname.

*discussing a dispute concerning departmental changes * "I don't know.. you'll have to take it with the But".
Or when a FedEx employee arrives with something to sign, the Secretary says "I'm sorry, your package is meant for the But".

Interesting, a theology of race! Why does God need a gun? Why is he "stalking young black men"? Is this like Aliens versus Predators, and God created black males for just this purpose? Why is God a white racist to begin with? Does that explain the Prince of Darkness business? Satan is black?

In previous race based theologies, it was the other way around and the "white man"is the Devil.

This is so confusing. I'm tempted to email her department with these questions for clarification. These things have to be cleared up before anyone goes to make an apocalyptic cult out of this!

Hey, Count.....are you messin' with 'The But's' career?????

"The But" must be another shining example of Affirmative Action.

She is living proof that a low IQ and deeply racist beliefs are not a hindrance to a "higher" education.

"The But" must be another shining example of Affirmative Action.

She is living proof that a low IQ and deeply racist beliefs are not a hindrance to a "higher" education.

Sorry.....

Not the case.

I purposely included a vid so that all could see that she is articulate, and her blogs are not stupid.

Just wrong.

The philosopher Hegel said that the the flaw in “abstract thinking”: that it cannot conceive of a handsome murderer.
There actually are some smart Leftists.
Let's not be unaware that many on the Left are not stupid....but, often, dangerous.

No soft-pedaling!

1. " ....Ivy League professor made headlines after penning a blog post saying the George Zimmerman verdict helps support the notion that the "American god" is a "white racist god."

2. ...Anthea Butler, an associate professor of Religious Studies and Africana Studies at the University of Pennsylvania with a Ph.D. in religion from Vanderbilt and a Masters in Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary, took to online magazine Religion Dispatches to discuss Zimmerman's acquittal.

3. ...referencing a book ... Is God a White Racist? by Rev. Dr. William R. Jones.....she says she now understands the meaning behind Jones' message.

4. "God ain’t good all of the time. In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in a nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men."

5. She noted how other conservative Christians in America might use such ideology as a defense, which could lead to the subjugation of others.

[OK...this could fit.}

6. "First of all they don't understand it's between small 'g' god and big 'G' God," Butler said of her critics during a phone conversation with The Huffington Post about the backlash. "Big 'G' God is the deity. Little 'g' is different kinds of gods. Anyone who reads Religion Dispatches knows this. ... But this was especially touchy for [conservative Christians] because I hit on some things that are kind of true.
"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/anthea-butler-god-white-racist_n_3610342.html

If you don't think she is well-rounded enough to be your point-man....point-woman....

This morning, she strongly implied that Sam Bacile is responsible for yesterday’s embassy attacks and, as a result, should be tossed into jail."

UPenn professor Anthea Butler calls for imprisonment of filmmaker Sam Bacile; Update: Butler locks her Twitter account | Twitchy

MSNBC calling?

Butler is the spokesperson for the left, Ted Nugent is the spokesperson for the right. Decisions, decisions.

No soft-pedaling!

[OK...this could fit.}

MSNBC calling?

Butler is the spokesperson for the left, Ted Nugent is the spokesperson for the right. Decisions, decisions.

I understand why you jumped in here....but my reference to 'smart Lefties' didn't include you.

I don't know what sort of response you're trolling for, PC. You would undoubtedly refer to me as a "leftie" because I reject most right wing lunacy; I also reject many aspects of traditional American liberalism, though.

So although I would be a "leftie" in your book, I certainly am not looking for a "spokesperson." Why would I do that? I can speak for myself.

I don't know what sort of response you're trolling for, PC. You would undoubtedly refer to me as a "leftie" because I reject most right wing lunacy; I also reject many aspects of traditional American liberalism, though.

So although I would be a "leftie" in your book, I certainly am not looking for a "spokesperson." Why would I do that? I can speak for myself.

A "leftie" is someone who doesn't agree with her 100%.

Drop that to 95% and you're a murderous Commie in league with Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. :cool:

If you spoke your mind, you'd be mute.

A "leftie" is someone who doesn't agree with her 100%.

Drop that to 95% and you're a murderous Commie in league with Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot. :cool:

You don't have to agree with me......I can't force you to be right.

No soft-pedaling!

[OK...this could fit.}

MSNBC calling?

I understand why you jumped in here....but my reference to 'smart Lefties' didn't include you.

As usual, you have nothing but an insult because you have no intelligent reply.

As usual, you have nothing but an insult because you have no intelligent reply.

Let's clear that up right now!

I save intelligent replies for intelligent posters.

See....
...you're out'a luck.

PC spends so much time itemizing and formating her troll posts, she doesn't have the energy to carry on discussions.

Her responses to challengers? "You're real dumb."

LOL

PC spends so much time itemizing and formating her troll posts, she doesn't have the energy to carry on discussions.

LOL

Only to the real dumb ones.

Seems you're regularly on the receiving end, huh.

BTW...I don't use the term 'troll'...seems to mean someone who disagrees with you. Is that it?

LOL

Only to the real dumb ones.

Seems you're regularly on the receiving end, huh.

BTW...I don't use the term 'troll'...seems to mean someone who disagrees with you. Is that it?

A common tactic used by trolls? Posting an interesting and provocative item--and then attracting continuing attention by immediately resorting to slinging shit and being as outrageous as possible.

IOW, any typical PC post.

Forum List

Back