Got a memorable or favorite line from a movie?

"Don't you have any regular friends?"

" Famous people are just more interesting."

Great movie. Another Cameron Crowe script, based on his own life. Hiswife was in charge of the soundtrack or some such thing.

In case anyone is interested, Crowe also wrote the book Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

"My parents were Hungarian immigrants. They took the name MacIntyre 'cause they thought it sounded more American!"

Another great movie, Burt Lancaster was great. You seemingly have good taste in movies, TM.

I'm not throwing out the titles in an effort to give others a chance.

Great movie. Another Cameron Crowe script, based on his own life. Hiswife was in charge of the soundtrack or some such thing.

In case anyone is interested, Crowe also wrote the book Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

QUOTE]

Yes, he is married to Nancy Wilson of Heart. They wrote a lot of the songs on their honeymoon, and they ended up in the movie.

He was 15 freaking years old when he wrote his first story for Rolling Stone, and went on tour with a lot of great bands. Could you imagine that?

This movie is one of my fiancee's and my favorites. Our love of music is what brought the two of us together too! :cool:

This one is EASY!

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

1980 - "My, my full name is Buford Uon Davis, but nobody calls me Buford 'cept my Grandmother, and she's half Indian. My initials are B.U.D., it spells Bud."

Silence of the Lambs. This movie scared the CHIT outta me! Jodie Foster was AWESOME! and Hannibal too! :eusa_angel:

Damn! I can't remember Hannibal's name! :(

Hannibal Lector was played by the great Anthony Hopkins.

He and Jodie Foster won Oscars for their roles, as did the movie. It stayed 100% true to the book by Thomas Harris.

He then "sold out" Hollywood style, and everything else he wrote after that was crap.

(The prequel to 'Silence' was Red Dragon, another good book btw)

Like I said, I watch a lot of movies. I love movies. I consider movies to be a true American art form. Though I have been quite disappointed with the lack of originality in recent years.

Ever see the Second Civil War ? It was a made for TV movie I think. I died laughing. Wish I could see it again.

sorry--Second CIVIL War one of the Bridge bros was in it.

Last edited:
ok try this one hjmick

Well, you're not dead. On the other hand, it looks like you cracked your head, you broke three bones in your leg and foot, you suffered four broken ribs, fractured your left arm, and severed an artery in your right arm, which should've killed you in a matter of minutes, but amazingly, a shard of metal from your watch obstructed the artery, keeping the blood loss low enough to keep you alive... which is pretty cool.

ok try this one hjmick

Well, you're not dead. On the other hand, it looks like you cracked your head, you broke three bones in your leg and foot, you suffered four broken ribs, fractured your left arm, and severed an artery in your right arm, which should've killed you in a matter of minutes, but amazingly, a shard of metal from your watch obstructed the artery, keeping the blood loss low enough to keep you alive... which is pretty cool.

Quite a departure for Will Ferrell. Very good performance. Sometimes I think crap like Semi-Pro and Bewitched will be his undoing. I see some real talent in there, much the same way I see some true talent in Adam Sandler. Steve Carell is another talent who needs to be careful about the projects he picks.

Quite a departure for Will Ferrell. Very good performance. Sometimes I think crap like Semi-Pro and Bewitched will be his undoing. I see some real talent in there, much the same way I see some true talent in Adam Sandler. Steve Carell is another talent who needs to be careful about the projects he picks.

you really know movies man haha. I loved stranger than fiction. I wish he would do more serious roles they really suit him. Jim Carey as well.

(one of my favorite movie quotes of all time)

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."

Ever see the Second Civil War ? It was a made for TV movie I think. I died laughing. Wish I could see it again.

sorry--Second CIVIL War one of the Bridge bros was in it.

Somehow I missed that one.

Looks like you can buy it though:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Second-Civil-War-Beau-Bridges/dp/B0007TKNF6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217909417&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Second Civil War: Beau Bridges, Joanna Cassidy, Phil Hartman, James Earl Jones, James Coburn, Dan Hedaya, Elizabeth Peña, Denis Leary, Ron Perlman, Shelley Malil, Kevin Dunn, Brian Keith, Kevin McCarthy, Dick Miller, William Schallert[/ame]

(one of my favorite movie quotes of all time)

"You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."

Now this is a movie I didn't like the first time. The next time I saw it I had become a father and it was better. I got better and better as my child got older and even better when my second child came along. These days I consider it a classic.

"Dear Mr. Inman, I began by counting the days, then the months. I don't count on anything anymore except the hope that you will return, and the silent fear that in the years since we saw each other, this war, this awful war, will have changed us both beyond all reckoning."

Forum List

Back