Got a memorable or favorite line from a movie?

yea.. i was curious.. and was sniffing under the entirely wrong tree. great movie.. I reference a line from that movie every now and again on this forum..

Can not believe no one knows this one. It has the Dread Pirate Roberts in it.

The Princess Bride. He was not yet the Dread Pirate Roberts though.

How about my other one.

I bet no one can guess it?

Last edited:
This is the movie adaptation of my favorite play

"On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse - bassoons and basset horns - like a rusty squeezebox. Then suddenly - high above it - an oboe, a single note, hanging there unwavering, till a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This was a music I'd never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable longing, it had me trembling. It seemed to me that I was hearing the very voice of God. "

Amadeus

Love that movie.

The Princess Bride. He was not yet the Dread Pirate Roberts though.

How about my other one.

I bet no one can guess it?

Quit your whining, TM. :D

Hell, I posted two and didn't get one attempt on either of them.

Your second one is from Everything Is Illuminated.

Liev Schreiber just happens to be one of my favorite actors/writers/directors. I thought he would have been a much better choice than Tom Hanks to star as Professor Robert Langdon.

Liev Schreiber just happens to be one of my favorite actors/writers/directors. I thought he would have been a much better choice than Tom Hanks to star as Professor Robert Langdon.

I got to see him do Henry V at Shakespeare in the Park. He's wonderful. I loved him in A Walk On The Moon, too.

1999 -

"Do you leave a light on after bedtime? Because I get a little scared in the dark sometimes. If it's a strange place."

&

"No, ma'am. Not spelt the same at all."

I got to see him do Henry V at Shakespeare in the Park. He's wonderful. I loved him in A Walk On The Moon, too.

I would have loved to have seen Henry V. He doesn't work enough, of course that may be a good thing, no risk of over exposure. He also does quite a bit of narration work.

Forum List

Back