Got a memorable or favorite line from a movie?

One of the best movies no one has seen.

you know, and if one can watch it without foaming at the mouth and having an epileptic sieszure the concept of the story is fascinating as hell.. Pi as the name of god? neat idea.

The last couple I posted were

Big Trouble in Little China

imgres

Can't Buy Me Love

tx_dempsey.new.jpg

Last edited:
you know, and if one can watch it without foaming at the mouth and having an epileptic sieszure the concept of the story is fascinating as hell.. Pi as the name of god? neat idea.

It was/is a neat idea. It's not so far from the belief of some that the name of G-d is found in the bible if one views the letters as numerals. Darren Aronofsky has a very unusual sensibility. He grew up in my neighborhood, btw.

I've seen it. Love the ending.

It isn't like anything else. And I can't decide if the ending is depressing or not.

It was/is a neat idea. It's not so far from the belief of some that the name of G-d is found in the bible if one views the letters as numerals.

Well, it wasn't exactly pi that was the name of God, it was the order underlying the patternless series of pi's digits. The same order that the main character found underlying the patternless series of numbers from the numerical bible and the stock market numbers.

In each case he (or in the case of pi his mentor) analysed a long series of seemingly random numbers and found the same pattern, the finding of which fried whatever machine did the calculation like it had looked into the sun (in the case of pi, it fried his mentor's brain; in the other two cases, it fried his computers).

All three examined series were the results of humans describing or participating in natural phenomenon. The base-10 representation of pi, the results of the stock market's orgainic churning, an ancient and earnest attempt to describe and set forth morals, purpose, and the divine.

The "name of God?" That's what the Rabbis called it. Whatever it was, though, it was obviously too hot to handle.

"In the early days of World War 3, guerillas - mostly children - placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone and gave up their lives, so that this nation should not perish from the earth."

Hint:

*This wasn't sussposed to be a comedy, but it sure was funny!

Cheese be thy name~

"In the early days of World War 3, guerillas - mostly children - placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone and gave up their lives, so that this nation should not perish from the earth."

Hint:

Cheese be thy name~

Mad Max? :eusa_pray:

Hint:

Cheese be thy name~

Another hint:

WOLVERINES!!

Not a movie, but from South Park there is an episode where chef says "Now children, there's a time and a place for everything, and it's called College."

The Schofield Kid: [after killing a man for the first time] It don't seem real... how he ain't gonna never breathe again, ever... how he's dead. And the other one too. All on account of pulling a trigger.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Overview
Director:
Stanley Kubrick
Writers:
Stanley Kubrick (screenplay) &
Arthur C. Clarke (screenplay)
more
Release Date:
6 April 1968 (USA) more view trailer
Genre:
Adventure | Sci-Fi more
Tagline:
Let the Awe and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin more
Plot:
Mankind finds a mysterious, obviously artificial, artifact buried on the moon and, with the intelligent computer HAL, sets off on a quest. full summary | full synopsis
Plot Keywords:
Number In Character's Name | Carl Jung | Future | Millenialism | Scientist
more
Awards:
Won Oscar. Another 10 wins & 6 nominations more
NewsDesk:
(26 articles)
Colbert To Live Forever In Space (From WENN. 8 September 2008, 5:10 AM, PDT)
AFI Picks Top Films By Genre (From Studio Briefing. 18 June 2008, 10:35 AM, PDT)
User Comments:
My god, it's full of stars more

"You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fucking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely."

Forum List

Back